Yellow | ABF might just be our saving grace

ABF the corporate model citizen that they are wants out of the pension so they say. Where does that leave you if they save?
Like nobody seen this coming?? Why should ABF held responsible for the IBTs ignorance?? plenty of nonunions runnin wild while the IBT stands back and doesnt try to organize.. Smooth move

Like nobody seen this coming?? Why should ABF held responsible for the IBTs ignorance?? plenty of nonunions runnin wild while the IBT stands back and doesnt try to organize.. Smooth move

ABF wanted out last round then IBT let UPS out of Central States. You are right on the money. First they knock on the door, then they manage to pry it open, just like politicians do with our laws.

Every company pays for their own employees, this way whatever you do to your pension its on you....

Not that simple. It's an ERISA thing..multiemployer pension law won't allow it. It's one big unhappy family unless you're a UPS of the world who could pay the withdrawal fee and have your own company pension which by the way are not as good. The pension is the big question as to where it's going. It seems to have hit the wall

Not that simple. It's an ERISA thing..multiemployer pension law won't allow it. It's one big unhappy family unless you're a UPS of the world who could pay the withdrawal fee and have your own company pension which by the way are not as good. The pension is the big question as to where it's going. It seems to have hit the wall
ABF had the money to buy out of CSPF or setup their own retirement fund BUT NOT BOTH. That is why they IMO want the same deal as YRCW.

What an insightful responce. I sure am glad you've been thoughtful enough to share your VAST wisdom!

That's right dumb dumb!! Hottest post on the board right now, thank you!

The pension can be changed Im in two diffrent plans just like most, some are in 3. So it can be changed & it has to be changed....

The pension can be changed Im in two diffrent plans just like most, some are in 3. So it can be changed & it has to be changed....

Judy can't change it. It would take an act of congress. The Fund trustees are doing what they have to do to adopt a rehabilitation plan. Ms McReynolds will have to do what she has to do to adopt a rehabilitation plan.

That's right dumb dumb!! Hottest post on the board right now, thank you!

If you are trying to be the YRCF answer to Docker, you'll need to become much more articulate. But I'm prepared to tolerate your complete lack of eloquence. But PLEASE try to include a couple of FACTS from time to time.

Judy can't change it. It would take an act of congress. The Fund trustees are doing what they have to do to adopt a rehabilitation plan. Ms McReynolds will have to do what she has to do to adopt a rehabilitation plan.
So what your saying is the members at ABF have no say? Seems crazy that yrc voted & that counted, he'll look at new penn they voted until they got it right.....I'm not buying what your saying....

So what your saying is the members at ABF have no say? Seems crazy that yrc voted & that counted, he'll look at new penn they voted until they got it right.....I'm not buying what your saying....
I was disputing your comment below. Now you're talking about something else. The Fund trustees had to okay the YRC pension concessions. That's got nothing to do with Tyson or your upcoming contract. It can't be negotiated

Quote Originally Posted by GO40 View Post
Every company pays for their own employees, this way whatever you do to your pension its on you....

I was disputing your comment below. Now you're talking about something else. The Fund trustees had to okay the YRC pension concessions. That's got nothing to do with Tyson or your upcoming contract. It can't be negotiated

Quote Originally Posted by GO40 View Post
thats what I'm saying if ABF employees go a different route, we would have the chance to vote on it.....

thats what I'm saying if ABF employees go a different route, we would have the chance to vote on it.....

The point joe is trying to make is this. The Teamsters at ABF cannot simply withdraw from their pension plans. It is quite a bit more complicated than merely voting.

The point joe is trying to make is this. The Teamsters at ABF cannot simply withdraw from their pension plans. It is quite a bit more complicated than merely voting.
They work for us it's time they earn their money & come up with a different plan because this one is failing....

They work for us it's time they earn their money & come up with a different plan because this one is failing....

All the Teamsters can do is negotiate contribution levels. All other aspects of the funds are governed by federal law.

All the Teamsters can do is negotiate contribution levels. All other aspects of the funds are governed by federal law.
What about a different plan altogether?....I got 20 years in & 20+ to go I don't want to work until I die....

Welcome to the club go40, but I don't see t fund making it, its loosing more than the companies are contributing as we all know,, think its time to drop back and punt

Lol!! From a bunch of yes men? I think not. You wanna be teamsters should be made an example of.

What about a different plan altogether?....I got 20 years in & 20+ to go I don't want to work until I die....

You guys are in a very difficult position. ABF will need to negotiate with every fund that has ABF Teamsters as participants. Although the monetary contribution level would most likely differ from YRCW the reduction would result in reduced benifits. Remember what I posted earlier. ABF doesn't have the financial resorcses to pay the withdrawal penalty AND create a new retirement fund for its Teamsters.