Yellow | Absenteeism Papers

I don't know where that 2 page document came from. This is what was adopted under the new MOU.

Yep. That sure does look like a real document. Funny part is, it only has shown up at one place in the whole system.

In Dallas because our old policy is the one the company hated the most,the letter was sent to our supervisors and our guys got it and posted it in the breakroom, the local got it the same day and are looking into now

We saw it at 511 it was handed out to management
Management at 511 is not accepting Dr. excuses and writing letters Committee wiil then decide to accept them or not
If I turn in a Doctor excuse for an absence PLEASE fire me I like paid vacations!!
If you are on FMLA don't get caught hunting fishing etc they will fire your a$$

Yeah they fired D##@@ for fmla abuse but his reason for being on fmla was no longer valid per the company bec ause of the death in the family for tht person he was on fmla for, he went fishing and posted pics but called in for fmla, he works at fed ex up the street now, somebody snitched tk management and told em about his Facebook posts

I don't know where that 2 page document came from. This is what was adopted under the new MOU.

Albag the district office is on our lot at 511, area vp and all the button down creased white shirts with company cars and they gave it to our supervisors

Yeah they fired D##@@ for fmla abuse but his reason for being on fmla was no longer valid per the company bec ause of the death in the family for tht person he was on fmla for, he went fishing and posted pics but called in for fmla, he works at fed ex up the street now, somebody snitched tk management and told em about his Facebook posts
Fmla and workman's comp. abuse is nothing new. Roadway would photograph Teamsters with neck injuries surfing, even back in the eighties.

People, you've got a job. Show up and be on time.

There is nothing in that memo that is unreasonable. There is no white-collar job that pays at the level of what drivers are making that doesn't require dependable attendance. School teacher? Registered Nurse? Pharmacist? You can't just take off whenever you want.

This kind of nonsense is what gives unions a bad name.

I noticed that also. Guess the invisible man dictates new company discipline policies. Now that the "local" grievance machine is weak, the committee is going to have their work cut out for them. Remember Rodgers and his moronic idea of a COOP before the summer months last year? Where is Mr. Rodgers now? Also, those 30,000 jobs we "saved" with this last yes vote, should probably decline by 6% before the year is over with this new policy.
I know it declined by one this week anyway.

People, you've got a job. Show up and be on time.

There is nothing in that memo that is unreasonable. There is no white-collar job that pays at the level of what drivers are making that doesn't require dependable attendance. School teacher? Registered Nurse? Pharmacist? You can't just take off whenever you want.

This kind of nonsense is what gives unions a bad name.

Of course everything you just said is right and I don't in any way want to give the union a bad name but none of the other professions you just named are making it a point to fire their employees who sacrifice to keep the business open for valid documented medical and personal reasons, in dallas that's what the supervisors are being told, even if the employee has a bonafide verifiable medical excuse, that's just not right and I'm not a negative person at all I just don't like the negative approach and attitude the company is taking towards us

If I turn in a doctors note and receive any form of discipline there will be no waiting for any committee, I will file a complaint with OSHA immediately.

If Local 745 does not dispute this alleged "absentee policy" then a call to the DOL is in order as well.

What I don't understand about this new policy (Or why the company has such a hard on for it) is this,
Why **** off Employees who take off with a valid Dr note? Why punish a Employee who has to take off for a Family emergency? (Spouse in Hosipital, Problem with a Child Ect,Ect) Why push the issue? Why make him/her file the paperwork? Really? Management wants to go down that road again after 60% of us vote to keep the frekin doors open? Sorry but the whole concept is CHILDISH!
Somebody correct me but according to the D.O.T. I cannot drive while ill or fatiuged correct? Somebody in Legal has to have the brains know that some little **** ass Manager is gonna hand out a letter to a driver who was tired and BAM! right to the DOT we go!
I understand abuse. I also understand the Company's position. But this "By the book" mentality is only going to get the Company a "By the book" attitude from everyone.
I wonder if the powers that be really thought this one out? Sounds like it came from the same _______________ that came up with no raises for Dockworkers in the new MOU!
I thought Management were better that that. Oh well, Back to the Jack Delaney (Ask an old roadway man about that Bum!) school of trucking we go!!!!
This reminds me of the movie The longest yard where the warden tells the guards to inflict as much pain is as humanly possible on the convicts after Burt Reynolds agrees to throw the game. You CAN take off if your ill or fatigued. YOU and 61% agreed they could write you up and fire ALL of us for it. Does the term scared sheep mean anything to you?

Of course everything you just said is right and I don't in any way want to give the union a bad name but none of the other professions you just named are making it a point to fire their employees who sacrifice to keep the business open for valid documented medical and personal reasons, in dallas that's what the supervisors are being told, even if the employee has a bonafide verifiable medical excuse, that's just not right and I'm not a negative person at all I just don't like the negative approach and attitude the company is taking towards us
Does the phrase, "I told you so", ring a bell? Does it mean anything to you? You sure were beating the old drum on your soapbox after the MOU passed. You sold it when it was up for vote, you bought it when the vote came down now you have to live with it. Or you could always practice what you preached and just go find another job after saving all those Teamsters' jobs. Right?

What I don't understand about this new policy (Or why the company has such a hard on for it) is this,
Why **** off Employees who take off with a valid Dr note? Why punish a Employee who has to take off for a Family emergency? (Spouse in Hosipital, Problem with a Child Ect,Ect) Why push the issue? Why make him/her file the paperwork? Really? Management wants to go down that road again after 60% of us vote to keep the frekin doors open? Sorry but the whole concept is CHILDISH!
Somebody correct me but according to the D.O.T. I cannot drive while ill or fatiuged correct? Somebody in Legal has to have the brains know that some little **** ass Manager is gonna hand out a letter to a driver who was tired and BAM! right to the DOT we go!
I understand abuse. I also understand the Company's position. But this "By the book" mentality is only going to get the Company a "By the book" attitude from everyone.
I wonder if the powers that be really thought this one out? Sounds like it came from the same _______________ that came up with no raises for Dockworkers in the new MOU!
I thought Management were better that that. Oh well, Back to the Jack Delaney (Ask an old roadway man about that Bum!) school of trucking we go!!!!

Your grey hair is showing. Jack Delaney........

Does the phrase, "I told you so", ring a bell? Does it mean anything to you? You sure were beating the old drum on your soapbox after the MOU passed. You sold it when it was up for vote, you bought it when the vote came down now you have to live with it. Or you could always practice what you preached and just go find another job after saving all those Teamsters' jobs. Right?

The new attendance policy is the result of one thing and one thing only, TEAMSTERS ABUSE! If you think otherwise you are mistaken. Is it fair? NO. But the "they'll get someone else" to do YOUR work "attitude" has got to stop. Bonafide day to day absenteeism is not the problem. But "it's a nice day I'm taking off" IS!

The new attendance policy is the result of one thing and one thing only, TEAMSTERS ABUSE! If you think otherwise you are mistaken. Is it fair? NO. But the "they'll get someone else" to do YOUR work "attitude" has got to stop. Bonafide day to day absenteeism is not the problem. But "it's a nice day I'm taking off" IS!

The new attendance policy is the result of scared weak minded people who fell for propaganda and voted it in.period.

The new attendance policy is the result of scared weak minded people who fell for propaganda and voted it in.period.

I stand by my comment. If you feel you can work on "your schedule" then as far as I'm concerned your the reason for it. Vote or not. The contract ONLY requires prior written notice before discharge.

I stand by my comment. If you feel you can work on "your schedule" then as far as I'm concerned your the reason for it. Vote or not. The contract ONLY requires prior written notice before discharge.

you stand by a lot of things that make no sense. when they fire a sufficient # of drivers at your location, raise the hiring standards, and call the shinny wheels to take your job, remember what your position was on the matter. And stand by it.

you stand by a lot of things that make no sense. when they fire a sufficient # of drivers at your location, raise the hiring standards, and call the shinny wheels to take your job, remember what your position was on the matter. And stand by it.

Firings will only occur to those who FAIL to protect themselves. FMLA and proper use of sick paid days. When YOU accepted employment, I'm sure it was mentioned that attendance was MANDITORY, not OPTIONAL!