Yellow | Absenteeism Papers

So ya better make the call .............
This policy was put together over a long period of time.
I watched this unfold with names and numbers.
Their were many trips to grievance hearings in which the company came back with their tail between their legs .
The company has had a whole lot of time to learn how to do it right and make it stick .
If Local 745 does not dispute this alleged "absentee policy" then a call to the DOL is in order as well.

Under "How to enforce the absence control program" #4 seems to eliminate the second suspension (fourth UE). For all you YES votes all warning letters should be protested in writing, No votes will continue to falsely believe that management loves them. My tactics to protect myself will be to take photos of any visible injuries on and off the job. All on the job injuries will be reported to management and proper forms filled out in a timely manner. Workers compensation claims will be filed, no more "toughing it out", especially over the weekend. Gone are the days where I nurse it along hoping to recover over the weekend. I'm a lot less likely to work injured now than I was before; I'm not pulling or pushing or lifting anything over OSHA limits. OSHA limits are a topic management hopes to avoid. Management is woefully behind the curve when it comes to communicable diseases; they will want you to save your job by clocking in with the flu, or worse. The company now has it's improbable pattern theory which is demonstrably false. I used to think that our paid 'personal days' were ours to use as we pleased; now we're back to the old sick paid days of a few contracts ago. The company treads close to violating the HIPPA act while 'verifying' the doctors note. Does the doctors note take precedent over the moronic 'pattern' theory? How about a doctor's note for two successive Mondays? Just some random thoughts.

People, you've got a job. Show up and be on time.

There is nothing in that memo that is unreasonable. There is no white-collar job that pays at the level of what drivers are making that doesn't require dependable attendance. School teacher? Registered Nurse? Pharmacist? You can't just take off whenever you want.

This kind of nonsense is what gives unions a bad name.
measters like you are the reason unions are failing .tomorrow .you know ,the day you live to fight again .IT WILL NEVER COME .you rather hide your head in the sand than stand up for whats right . why would any one want to join a bunch of sniveling old men who have lost all courage ?

measters like you are the reason unions are failing .tomorrow .you know ,the day you live to fight again .IT WILL NEVER COME .you rather hide your head in the sand than stand up for whats right . why would any one want to join a bunch of sniveling old men who have lost all courage ?

What's right is showing up on time and doing your job.

Way to set the standards once again boys.. waahh we don't want to lose our jobs, we will vote for anything,,, waahh were scared were going out of business,, haaay were tough, were not going to take it anymore,,, ooops we screwed up better vote for it,, waahh,,, they want us to come to work??? you are the problem with LTL Teamsters and why we are weak and have no leverage, you set the standard on your first vote for concessions!! you bent over!! Period!!you showed them you were vulnerable and that they could walk over freight teamsters...you deserve every warning letter you get! your kids deserve every less Christmas Gift they don't get and btw over the life of a contract, 1 college education your kid doesn't get paid! enjoy filling out those student loan papers.. don't forget the fact, you have no clue that most of you will never have a retirement even though 1/4 is being paid in, you wont be able to retire under the rules established.. They need to rename this section of the forum, you do the math as to what the name should be, I know what I would name it!!, starts with an F!!

Way to set the standards once again boys.. waahh we don't want to lose our jobs, we will vote for anything,,, waahh were scared were going out of business,, haaay were tough, were not going to take it anymore,,, ooops we screwed up better vote for it,, waahh,,, they want us to come to work??? you are the problem with LTL Teamsters and why we are weak and have no leverage, you set the standard on your first vote for concessions!! you bent over!! Period!!you showed them you were vulnerable and that they could walk over freight teamsters...you deserve every warning letter you get! your kids deserve every less Christmas Gift they don't get and btw over the life of a contract, 1 college education your kid doesn't get paid! enjoy filling out those student loan papers.. don't forget the fact, you have no clue that most of you will never have a retirement even though 1/4 is being paid in, you wont be able to retire under the rules established.. They need to rename this section of the forum, you do the math as to what the name should be, I know what I would name it!!, starts with an F!!
I'm so pleased to see you've taken the time to set the record straight! :bowdown:
In appreciation of my friend Triplex. Which parallel universe are you visiting from? The problem with all LTL is DEREGULATION!:duh:
BTW simple way to avoid W/Ls, just go to work when you're supposed to.

I do agree with one thing you say. The part about what the name of this forum should be called. Your name. (Fool)

I'm so pleased to see you've taken the time to set the record straight! :bowdown:
In appreciation of my friend Triplex. Which parallel universe are you visiting from? The problem with all LTL is DEREGULATION!:duh:
BTW simple way to avoid W/Ls, just go to work when you're supposed to.
At this point it's cooperate greed, they have you over a barrel & will continue to abuse you.... 4 givebacks & they treat you like dirt, the company shows you no respect what so ever....

At this point it's cooperate greed, they have you over a barrel & will continue to abuse you.... 4 givebacks & they treat you like dirt, the company shows you no respect what so ever....

If you carefully read the first line of the 3rd paragraph and the first line of the 4th paragraph, it clearly states that the objective of the policy is to "identify those with an attendance problem" and "to concentrate on those people who demonstrate an ongoing pattern of habitual absence". Sounds to me that this is exactly what I commented on a couple of weeks ago - that abuse by a few ends up making it bad for everyone. Hopefully this time the few who abuse will not cause every one else to suffer.

If you carefully read the first line of the 3rd paragraph and the first line of the 4th paragraph, it clearly states that the objective of the policy is to "identify those with an attendance problem" and "to concentrate on those people who demonstrate an ongoing pattern of habitual absence". Sounds to me that this is exactly what I commented on a couple of weeks ago - that abuse by a few ends up making it bad for everyone. Hopefully this time the few who abuse will not cause every one else to suffer.
If you carefully read my post it's about corporate greed & showing a little respect for the workers who sacrificed enough....

If you carefully read my post it's about corporate greed & showing a little respect for the workers who sacrificed enough....

Your post mentioned a couple other things in addition to corporate greed (see above). Requiring employees to regularly show up for work hardly qualifies as "have you over a barrel & will continue to abuse you" and "treating you like dirt". Your comments imply you're referring to the absenteeism policy since that's the subject of this thread.

dont worry GO his idea of a great teamsters is saying yes boss man while he has you bent over

dont worry GO his idea of a great teamsters is saying yes boss man while he has you bent over

Longblade, I've been thinking that you ought to start a "Cry Baby" thread on here. You and some of your buddies can exchange info on which eye drops are best at relieving the burning and redness from all the crying, whining, and sobbing you've been doing lately. Might be real helpful for some.

and what you will do the Hemorrhoid thread and may be sell a little bit of lube too, but by now you probably dont need it .probably like the pain .

Your post mentioned a couple other things in addition to corporate greed (see above). Requiring employees to regularly show up for work hardly qualifies as "have you over a barrel & will continue to abuse you" and "treating you like dirt". Your comments imply you're referring to the absenteeism policy since that's the subject of this thread.
And what part of the first post is untrue?

Oh sorry about straying, I know you would never do that.....lol