FedEx Freight | american freightways?

wyomingkid

TB Lurker
Credits
i dont know much at all about what was american freightways,so one of my co-workers ask me what name af was prior to the af name,well it told them i did not know but i know some guys that would,so if anyone could help clear up this minor matter let me know.thanks

thanks jeff,they ask me since i've drove a truck the past 15 years, but i did not know. it was a minor thing, biut thanks for the help in clearing up th mystery.

We still have good stuff CFer it just is not as sharp as the old days.

Smokestack said:
We still have good stuff CFer it just is not as sharp as the old days.
My tractor went down Fri night on my way back to STL, after 2 hrs waiting for a hook to bring me a spare they took it back to IND about 20 miles away.

Upon return to work Tues. they said it was ready to go, when I picked it up I asked the shop manager what was wrong with it, he said it went to Volvo, they cleared the codes and said nothing was wrong with it!!

I couldn't beleive they let them just clear the codes and not correct what was setting them in the 1st place, I said "ok, I'll see you soon" on my way over last night.... you guessed it check lamp control module came on followed by check ecu at next stop, at which point the vorad failed the speedo dropped to zero and the tractor went into *limp* mode. Luckily I was almost to the yard so I idled in.

Why would they let Volvo get away with that and take a chance that they are going to have to pay for yet another tow, delay pay and delaying the freight?

Guess I'll find out tonight if there is still "nothing" wrong with it! LOL

FM

Familyman said:
My tractor went down Fri night on my way back to STL, after 2 hrs waiting for a hook to bring me a spare they took it back to IND about 20 miles away.

Upon return to work Tues. they said it was ready to go, when I picked it up I asked the shop manager what was wrong with it, he said it went to Volvo, they cleared the codes and said nothing was wrong with it!!

I couldn't beleive they let them just clear the codes and not correct what was setting them in the 1st place, I said "ok, I'll see you soon" on my way over last night.... you guessed it check lamp control module came on followed by check ecu at next stop, at which point the vorad failed the speedo dropped to zero and the tractor went into *limp* mode. Luckily I was almost to the yard so I idled in.

Why would they let Volvo get away with that and take a chance that they are going to have to pay for yet another tow, delay pay and delaying the freight?

Guess I'll find out tonight if there is still "nothing" wrong with it! LOL

FM
When your Volvo does that many times you can shut it down ,wait 30 to 45 seconds and start it back up. I have had luck with this in the past, it doesn't fix the problem but it will reset the computer. hope that helps

Walk into the shop at the hub I go to, and you instantly get a look that says "good greif, what the **** do you want? " Then its, "put it out back, maybe we'll get to it". Then they go back to talking about fishing or whatever.

ls57racer said:
When your Volvo does that many times you can shut it down ,wait 30 to 45 seconds and start it back up. I have had luck with this in the past, it doesn't fix the problem but it will reset the computer. hope that helps
Nahh, that won't work, believe me I tried EVERYTHING!! LOL.

I know that usually works if the check ecu comes on by itself or the vorad fails, but when this deal happens it's dead in the water.

FM

365Volare said:
Walk into the shop at the hub I go to, and you instantly get a look that says "good greif, what the **** do you want? " Then its, "put it out back, maybe we'll get to it". Then they go back to talking about fishing or whatever.
Same here, especially on the day shift, they only want to do pm's at night even though I don't have an assigned slip and I run at night, go figure.

LIN and SGF shops have always been really good at jumping on stuff that needs fixed, sad when you have to use a foreign centers shop to get service. :chairshot: :rolleyes: :duh:

FM

Familyman said:
Same here, especially on the day shift, they only want to do pm's at night even though I don't have an assigned slip and I run at night, go figure.

LIN and SGF shops have always been really good at jumping on stuff that needs fixed, sad when you have to use a foreign centers shop to get service. :chairshot: :rolleyes: :duh:

FM
Since your on the subject. Remember one time had a problem with the Day. shop called the hill the next day Sheridan Garrison was all over the situation. By far the best CEO to work for. Name to remember, how about ( WOODY DONNAR ) DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING MORE!

Momoney said:
Since your on the subject. Remember one time had a problem with the Day. shop called the hill the next day Sheridan Garrison was all over the situation. By far the best CEO to work for. Name to remember, how about ( WOODY DONNAR ) DO I NEED TO SAY ANYTHING MORE!

The best RD manager this company ever had.

wyomingkid said:
i dont know much at all about what was american freightways,so one of my co-workers ask me what name af was prior to the af name,well it told them i did not know but i know some guys that would,so if anyone could help clear up this minor matter let me know.thanks
Hi, Originally it was Garrison Motor lines till Union pressure made Sheridan Garrison close. Then re-opened under the name of Arkansas Freight lines, inthe 90's changed name to American Freightways. then sold to FXF