ABF | Another 5% paycut?

This subject has been danced around at ABF, nobodys wants to talk about it like that will make it go away. If any of you think ABF is going to keep paying us full scale, think again. The Fort is keeping quiet for now just waiting to see what will happen at YRC and how much will be given back. Before anyone says ABF is making money they cant do that...trust me they will ask for something and they will get it (from the Union). ABF signed the same contract that YRC did and YRC is paying less, no matter what way you look at it, its not fair to ABF. Remember the smartest hillbillys in trucking are at the Fort and planning away.

Its going to be harder and harder for ABF to get freight, as if I can recall the last time YRC took a pay cut, so did the non union carriers. Its going to be very tough for ABF. Your lucky at least you have job security

Its going to be harder and harder for ABF to get freight, as if I can recall the last time YRC took a pay cut, so did the non union carriers. Its going to be very tough for ABF. Your lucky at least you have job security

Job security?? Any more concessions just accelerates the race to the bottom!

All the stinking ibt negotiating commitee had to do was specify any wage and pension relief that yrc might get could only be used to pay debt. They didn't do that so I guess yrc can use thier savings for operating expenses which puts abf at a huge disadvantage. What do you think Ft. Smith will be talking to the ibt about very shortly after the yrc guys accept this new round of concessions. Thanks ibt neg commitee from abf and all of it's employees. You guys are real pros-not.

Not at 033 we still have one on layoff.But this is what i thank is going happen .They will keep there layoff people on layoff so they wont hire anybody new cause they have to call everybody back before they hire anybody new.:shift:

I have said it before. YRC employees took a 10% pay cut to save the company. YRC could not make it on that. They stopped pension payments in March. They haven't paid this money and are know giving double lein properties as collateral. Know they want the employees to vote in no pension for 18 months plus 5%. How can 5% make more operating capital than 10% did? I am stumped.

They just downgraded ABF, Lost Money Past Two Quarters, and Have Thousands Layed-Off. Its Coming!!!

Lets see you were on the yrc board bashing everyone who is voting no. Now your on the abf board hoping we take a pay cut? I had 10 years with roadway i seen the storm coming and left befoe it hit. How low will the pay go down before everyone is affected? There is life after yrc.

They just downgraded ABF, Lost Money Past Two Quarters, and Have Thousands Layed-Off. Its Coming!!!

We can partially blame the economy on this statis, but since you are here spreading doom and gloom, we can also thank YRC for their mismanagement, cutting wages & benefits and undercutting rates to try and drag us all down with them.

Lets see you were on the yrc board bashing everyone who is voting no. Now your on the abf board hoping we take a pay cut? I had 10 years with roadway i seen the storm coming and left befoe it hit. How low will the pay go down before everyone is affected? There is life after yrc.
Im not Bashing no one, no where. I did'nt say I hoped ABF would take a pay cut. Just like YRC, the writing is on the wall. Do you think that it is fair to ABF paying in the Pension and not YRC? ABF losing Money??? Don't put words into my Mouth, I did'nt say that. I Hope They don't!!!!!!!

Im not Bashing no one, no where. I did'nt say I hoped ABF would take a pay cut. Just like YRC, the writing is on the wall. Do you think that it is fair to ABF paying in the Pension and not YRC? ABF losing Money??? Don't put words into my Mouth, I did'nt say that. I Hope They don't!!!!!!!
Also, I was Bashed for voting Yes, and Everybody saying have Balls and vote No!!! So don't get on here and try bashing Me. Post your thoughts on subjects, and ill post mine. Don't attack Me, and I won't attack you.:shift: