ABF | Another 5% paycut?

and then some..vacations/retirement. screwed them and then pulled a profit (big)
those guys can't be too happy.

Think about it in reverse. How would you like to have all those things taken from you and your company still loose money. Conway did not make a big profit. I think it was about equal to wage cuts, 31 mill. They spent about $94.00 to make a hundred. This is what is important in these times. LTL companies have to service their networks. You have to go there everyday and you gotta have some freight in your trailers when you go there. The company that figures out how to do this and stay in the black will be around for awhile and it looks like the stock market thinks Conway has it figured out. I guess if the Conway imployees don't like it they can go somewhere else, oh I forgot, there is nowhere else.

Think about it in reverse. How would you like to have all those things taken from you and your company still loose money. Conway did not make a big profit. I think it was about equal to wage cuts, 31 mill. They spent about $94.00 to make a hundred. This is what is important in these times. LTL companies have to service their networks. You have to go there everyday and you gotta have some freight in your trailers when you go there. The company that figures out how to do this and stay in the black will be around for awhile and it looks like the stock market thinks Conway has it figured out. I guess if the Conway imployees don't like it they can go somewhere else, oh I forgot, there is nowhere else.

Thats what im saying why give that big of a discount at the drivers expense.

That is the problem, Conway can haul it at that rate and make a profit.

It is not about making a profit. It's about predatory discounting. It's about putting the Teamster out of the freight business. Every non is looking to knock YRC out especially Conway and Fedex. Then they will target ABF. It's about controlling and owning the ltl market. It's about union versus non-union. If they knock out YRC they will try to knock you out next. They will beat you no matter how well you think the company is managed

It is not about making a profit. It's about predatory discounting. It's about putting the Teamster out of the freight business. Every non is looking to knock YRC out especially Conway and Fedex. Then they will target ABF. It's about controlling and owning the ltl market. It's about union versus non-union. If they knock out YRC they will try to knock you out next. They will beat you no matter how well you think the company is managed
so right after they run all the union lines line out they will turn on each other it dog eat dog they eat the weak

Competiton

I think that if the non union lines succeed in putting YRC & ABF out they then would then unofficially agree to a "fair" rate & all would profit. Since freight rates aren't regulated the sky would be the limit. Price fixing may be illegal but proving it will be difficult. They would have a monopoly & could do what they want to.

94 that is great only problem is they took it from your pocket.

I don't work for Conway. Didn't your Teamster brothers over at YRC start this pay cut crap. I'm just saying 1 cuts rates and wages then another. One is making money others are not. It's called capitalism. FedEx freight cut management wages but not hourly. They pay more than YRC but the none union guys are the bad guys, go figure. It's not our fault you can't retire at 55 with $4000 a month. There are not enough Teamsters in the work force to support that. Been doing this crap for 35 years, 15 years with the Teamsters before deregulation. I don't expect to see a dime that is owed me from the Teamster retirement.
I know the Conway guys are not too happy about wage cuts, but I'm sure they are very happy that their company has placed itself in a position to be one of the survivors.

I don't work for Conway. Didn't your Teamster brothers over at YRC start this pay cut crap. I'm just saying 1 cuts rates and wages then another. One is making money others are not. It's called capitalism. FedEx freight cut management wages but not hourly. They pay more than YRC but the none union guys are the bad guys, go figure. It's not our fault you can't retire at 55 with $4000 a month. There are not enough Teamsters in the work force to support that. Been doing this crap for 35 years, 15 years with the Teamsters before deregulation. I don't expect to see a dime that is owed me from the Teamster retirement.
I know the Conway guys are not too happy about wage cuts, but I'm sure they are very happy that their company has placed itself in a position to be one of the survivors.

Then why????? Respond??? This was a discount conway gave not fedex or whoever you work for. Do you think if you were still union you would feel the same way?

I dont really see how it would level the playing field.But it would only effect the involved company when a company found itself in financial trouble.Hope to see everybody split off some day.

ABF will be fine smart people are running it.
Times will get better It always does in time.
I think its the best place to work for

The thing I don't understand is why every thread on this forum eventually turns into a YRC debate.