FedEx Freight | Any raise rumors or fact

I heard 6 cents a mile & 65 cents an hour. Also to attract more drivers, pay progression will go from 4 years to 6 months & you are at full pay. Anybody else heard this? von.

I'll probably get flamed pretty bad for this, but here goes...

City driver's don't make great road drivers.

Road drivers don't make great city drivers.

This is evidenced in the companies that have used single boards.

Over the years, (some drivers) can develop their craft to the point of an art form.

I've had the pleasure of watching 30 year veteran road drivers go down the road, making a FedEx set look like a long nose chromed out Pete. They are never in a situation, never in anyone's way and never flailing. It's a beautiful thing to see and the nuance and subtlety would be lost on many, who don't understand what they're looking at.

The same could be said for a veteran city driver, juggling navigation, customer relations, bumping difficult docks
etc...

An NFLer doesn't switch positions for good reason. We can all get specific skills that can only be learned with years of repetition.

Besides, with autonomous trucks in the future, city drivers should have more longevity anyway...
Why should you get flamed?
That was spot on.

That's some good stuff Von.
Got enough to share?

I was trying to start something. And I failed. But hey, the post topic is Rumor. It was long past my medication time & I kind of got out of hand. But I have to admit, it was kind of fun trying to **** someone off. But as I said, I failed. Be safe out there. von.

I was trying to start something. And I failed. But hey, the post topic is Rumor. It was long past my medication time & I kind of got out of hand. But I have to admit, it was kind of fun trying to **** someone off. But as I said, I failed. Be safe out there. von.
That thought does appeal to me as a line driver. But as we all know line drivers are a necessary evil and they don't like us that much.
But yes, if it was true it would set off a ::shit:: storm between us drivers and those city steering wheel holders.

Why should you get flamed?
That was spot on.

RC You must have confused Fedx with PIE, Didn't know you were around in those days to admire my skills when I was
the BillyLo of PIE.
Thanks for the attaboy, always enjoyed showing off, local guys just can't cut it.

RC You must have confused Fedx with PIE, Didn't know you were around in those days to admire my skills when I was
the BillyLo of PIE.
Thanks for the attaboy, always enjoyed showing off, local guys just can't cut it.
I was around.
Worked at TransCon the last five years they were around.

Still nothing official on this outta NorCal
What are the real numbers with regard to pay increase in Oct please.

Oh please. Throwing iron in a thong ain't nothing like doing malls, office buildings, and residentials...in a thong and hat....

Throwing iron in a thong? Now that is funny. With a uniform like that not being part of the company issued uniform, would ya get a letter? von.

Oh please. Throwing iron in a thong ain't nothing like doing malls, office buildings, and residentials...in a thong and hat....
And dispatching from the coop,with Donna in and out of the place all day....