XPO | Any rumors of mid year raises?? With cost of living skyrocketing...

conway2004

TB Lurker
Credits
just seeing if anyone is hearing of any more raises with cost of living and also retention to keep driver that we have.

The only raises that will happen is a minimum of 5.9% COLA for VA and SSA. Minimum.

The final number is pending anytime from both agencies as they send out mailings to all on the Rolls to inform them what the 2022 monthly benefit increase amount will be and how much each will get every month.

Companies engaged in Commerce or making a Living with hiring workers etc set wages as they see fit. There is nothing anywhere that requires them to increase wages by a set percentage to meet Cost of Living.

With that said, there is a bill pending in Congress House that will shift Cost of Living to the Elderly- CPI code which is higher and more money to them to meet a real inflation value. And impose possibly via a Amendment to companies to increase wages a certain amount every year as SSA and VA and others do already in CPI. (Cost of living)

The Cost of Living in inflation is 1980 repeating itself all over again at the grocery store. It cannot be hidden from your eyes anymore. Rice has more than doubled, Meats have doubled, coffee is 1/3 (And with crop failures will more than double going into 2023) and so forth across the entire grocery store.

And that does not include everything else that is possible to buy and sell. All of it is more costly. Batteries for example roughly 150 dollars now for top quality ones minimum. Most value ones are now 100 dollars give or take 20. and rising.

Little by little by little you learn to make do on less. Because you do not without overtime or other jobs make more each week.

Here is what my magic 8 ball says: they put banners up at all the terminals saying XPO is absorbing the cost of insurance this year at a 6% loss to them. In the Midwest FedEx just went up to $32.22 an hour, which is $1.22 more than us (in my market). I think they will give us a 4% raise which equals $1.25 to put us .03 more than fedex and say that combined with our insurance going up we are getting 10%. That awesome tit for tat we all know and despise. Just matching everyone else when if we were trend setters and gave everyone $2 an hour it may get a couple more drivers in the door.

Here is what my magic 8 ball says: they put banners up at all the terminals saying XPO is absorbing the cost of insurance this year at a 6% loss to them. In the Midwest FedEx just went up to $32.22 an hour, which is $1.22 more than us (in my market). I think they will give us a 4% raise which equals $1.25 to put us .03 more than fedex and say that combined with our insurance going up we are getting 10%. That awesome tit for tat we all know and despise. Just matching everyone else when if we were trend setters and gave everyone $2 an hour it may get a couple more drivers in the door.

The only thing I think you need to be careful of when comparing wages of other companies is do they get time and a half after eight. If a company pays a higher wage per hour but does not give out overtime till after 50 hours it kind of evens itself out. Unless you’re talking about our brothers and Xpo down south Then the comparison is fair game.

The only raises that will happen is a minimum of 5.9% COLA for VA and SSA. Minimum.

The final number is pending anytime from both agencies as they send out mailings to all on the Rolls to inform them what the 2022 monthly benefit increase amount will be and how much each will get every month.

Companies engaged in Commerce or making a Living with hiring workers etc set wages as they see fit. There is nothing anywhere that requires them to increase wages by a set percentage to meet Cost of Living.

With that said, there is a bill pending in Congress House that will shift Cost of Living to the Elderly- CPI code which is higher and more money to them to meet a real inflation value. And impose possibly via a Amendment to companies to increase wages a certain amount every year as SSA and VA and others do already in CPI. (Cost of living)

The Cost of Living in inflation is 1980 repeating itself all over again at the grocery store. It cannot be hidden from your eyes anymore. Rice has more than doubled, Meats have doubled, coffee is 1/3 (And with crop failures will more than double going into 2023) and so forth across the entire grocery store.

And that does not include everything else that is possible to buy and sell. All of it is more costly. Batteries for example roughly 150 dollars now for top quality ones minimum. Most value ones are now 100 dollars give or take 20. and rising.

Little by little by little you learn to make do on less. Because you do not without overtime or other jobs make more each week.
I can imagine the volume of product in a package at the dollar store is mighty skimpy

I remember being a concrete truck driver at 8.00 a hour here in Arkansas. Then years later the people voted to increase minimum wage to 12.00 for 2022 (11 now) and now the concrete companies have either closed and migrated to greener pastures or upped their top pay a smidge to 16.00 a hour.

Everything else has increased enough to where its either a break even or a net loss.

Raises based on cost of living make no sense.
A 6% increase on $1000 is $60. 6% on $500 is $30.
Did the price of that battery go up less for the guy making $500 than for the guy making $1000?