Estes | Any Truth to Rebidding?

I should have made myself more clearly. Estes east has never done this,bump-bidding.I apologize.:clap:

i beg to differ with you they did it last january when the whole company bid over to help those boys on the east coast after the moved all the terminals around so they need to do the same for the midwest aswell !!!!!:nutkick:

I disagree cpk2112. Things are changing with all kinds of runs and new terminals and a lot of high senority guys are getting the shaft. I know of one hub guy's run got changed to line haul. It was forced up for bid and while a lower senority extra gets the new run, the 10+ yr hub guy now finds himself out of hub, on linehaul extra, with no chance of getting back his senority. That's BS. And you speak of morale, nobody can argue a hire in date. Why should I be able to screw over a guy with more time with the company. IMO I shouldn't. Things change over the years, and personally I think this is a rule that needs changed to honor the guys who've been here the longest. No different then if you get laid off/work force reduction. Line haul can't bump back into city or anything. So city guy with 1 week stays, and line haul / hub says good bye with 10 years. How's that right again?

Booser right on, but I have said before if they want to make things right have 2 boards Road and City, they could still have there way of paying a Road Hub run less money, just post it as a Road/Dock run, A linehaul run could be just simply put as a Road run.

As far as the City goes well right now I wish I would have hired on at this company into the City, I would have a 7:00 am start right now, but to go into the City I think I would have a 12 or 1 pm start now.
Alot of guys hired since 8 years ago.

Bunch of folks gets bumped on rebids expecially nowadays if they decide to do it by company seniority.

they did not bump bid last time, went by seniority of your job classifcation,i.e. road hub city. also heard that 041 might post some new runs in the near future

i beg to differ with you they did it last january when the whole company bid over to help those boys on the east coast after the moved all the terminals around so they need to do the same for the midwest aswell !!!!!:nutkick:

That wasn't bump bidding. I'll define bump bidding once again. Bump bidding is used in instances where the company policy states that a re-bid is sanctioned due to cut runs.Where as, that termainal would re-bid the runs to ajust for seniority. Like AF use to do.That was not the case in January.:nutkick:

They cut runs, rebided, then fired the leftovers at my house. It may not have been called bump bidding but they definately had bumps. They also lost some darn good employees who would give the shirt off their backs for anyone. They lost folks that has been with the company over 4 years and kept some daytime drivers that has only been with the company for 6 months. After the dust settled, they called back 1 driver and reposted the rest of the xtraboard runs and brought the 6 month guys on xtraboard and left the ones laid-off still without a job. Some of the guys joke about it. That's just not right! If they did it to them, they will do it to us. They way things are looking. I wouldn't feel secure with 15 years this winter.

I was on extraboard for 3 1/2 years, finally got a bid run, it was cut two months later. I took one of the hub runs that were posted, because I wanted to be home. Now if they rebid some runs or add some (meaning a dedicated line haul, where I would rather be anyway), can I use my 3 1/2 years linehaul seniority to get another line haul run or will I just be thrown the scraps of whatever is left, if there is anything. I want off of this hub. I have been told that my linehaul seniority wouldnt count and that a city driver with more time with the company could get one over me.

I was on extraboard for 3 1/2 years, finally got a bid run, it was cut two months later. I took one of the hub runs that were posted, because I wanted to be home. Now if they rebid some runs or add some (meaning a dedicated line haul, where I would rather be anyway), can I use my 3 1/2 years linehaul seniority to get another line haul run or will I just be thrown the scraps of whatever is left, if there is anything. I want off of this hub. I have been told that my linehaul seniority wouldnt count and that a city driver with more time with the company could get one over me.

I think your 3 1/2 years linehaul needs to be current. Meaning linehaul against linehaul and hub against hub regardless what you've done in the past. Sorry to say but I believe what you've been told about the city driver is true. He would be able to get the linehaul bid if it came down to you two. Your not alone though. Plenty of us in your shoes. I think Estes west does things a little different. If your part of that division you may be in luck.

Ok. If the new bid run or if someone decides to retire or quit. During the re-bid,as a hub driver, if there is a linehaul run available after all bidding is done,then you can bid on the run. Once you have been established on the run for 90 days,then you will get your linehaul years back.In other words, after your 90 days, the very next day,you will have 3 1/2 years plus one day linehaul seniority.As long as it can be verified.I take it you run out of Texas,yes. Get with RJ or if you run to Dallas,get with the linehaul coordinator,and verify it for yourself.They are just guys, they'll talk to you.I'm "old Estes", so things might have changed that I don't know about.

Texas it is. When they opened up temple they cut my bid run only after 2 mnths
I just don't think it's right that I spent 3 1/2 years out there to have my run cut only to be outbid by a city driver or an extraboard driver that just got hired

We had a letter put up last night at my barn from Jr. stating rebids in Nov. or Dec. Then we came in from our runs this morning and found a revised letter from Jr. saying he wants to send out another driver survey about re-bids to make sure all is fair. Anybody else have this happen?

Haven't heard about the revised one yet,KD.Is it going to be another vote or something that Jr. has gathered from his visits?

We had a letter put up last night at my barn from Jr. stating rebids in Nov. or Dec. Then we came in from our runs this morning and found a revised letter from Jr. saying he wants to send out another driver survey about re-bids to make sure all is fair. Anybody else have this happen?

yes yesterday old memo today revised one

i'm new to the company so i can't say much, but...seems to me a complete rebid would be the only fair thing to do...start with the number one guy/gal, he/she chooses what he/she wants-city/linehaul/hub...start time , run , whatever then go to number two and on down the line...when all the slots are full, the rest run as need,where needed, and when needed...do the same thing every year and the most senority will always get, there choice...what can be more fair than that?

i'm new to the company so i can't say much, but...seems to me a complete rebid would be the only fair thing to do...start with the number one guy/gal, he/she chooses what he/she wants-city/linehaul/hub...start time , run , whatever then go to number two and on down the line...when all the slots are full, the rest run as need,where needed, and when needed...do the same thing every year and the most senority will always get, there choice...what can be more fair than that?

Good point..that is fair, I wish someone from Ft. Smith AR would chime in, must be a good barn, they never hire, (to my knowlege), seems no one is getting set to leave anytime soon, I would stay out 2 weeks if I could get on there, if thats what they wanted.

I still think the senority thing at Estes is just a tool they use to keep folks from bellyaching so much. It's not hard to keep your job here. We don't do anything difficult while were are here. We are all drivers and most of us have been driving for a long time. What about rotating runs every 3 weeks and let everyone have the cream of the crop. It wouldn't be hard to do since we all get home at the same time. It would also take care of the monotony. Whats wrong with that? I'll call J.J. in the morning and let him know ya'all agree.

He'll probably know about it before you call,mildew.Just be patient.They are going to create more bid runs.They are on their way.