Estes | Any Truth to Rebidding?

We are all drivers and most of us have been driving for a long time. What about rotating runs every 3 weeks and let everyone have the cream of the crop. It wouldn't be hard to do since we all get home at the same time.

Dew I'm surprised at you! Share the cream? Sounds a awful lot like 'share the wealth'. Are you a closet Obie man?:biglaugh:

mildew said:
What about rotating runs every 3 weeks and let everyone have the cream of the crop. It wouldn't be hard to do since we all get home at the same time. It would also take care of the monotony.
That would never work and it would require too much paperwork and hassle. Corporate would never go for it. What monotony? If it's so monotonous why take it? Besides, at night it all looks the same anyway.

I've been on the same run for 10 years and I don't want to lose it. I'm very happy with it thank you. However, if I do lose it, I'll just take a higher paying run from someone under me (and there are many) as my run pays less than 2300 miles/week and no one really wants it anyway, but I am happy with it.

Would that be fair to the younger driver below me who has a family to feed and clothe and really needs that money? Many would say yes.

Also, we do not all get home at the same time. In my barn we have drivers returning from as early as 4:30 am to 8:00 am and many leave out at the same time. Some just have longer runs than others and you know that. Depending on the time one returns they may have a 30 minute commute with no rush hour traffic to a 1 hr commute for the same distance!