Yellow | Any word on new tractors at your barn?

ToseFowler53

TB Lurker
Credits
There are about 75 to 100 white tractors,single axle decked out with YRC logo on air wind shield and doors marked with logo sitting at Penske's Truck Rental yard in Swedesboro,N.J. 08085. I guess YRC is about to do a lease for new power. I guess they will be distributed accordingly after the COO goes through and who gets what and goes where. I will try to get a picture if I make a delivery there. U can see from road but cant get a good picture unless U enter the yard for a reason?

lease trucks a bad sign imo would love to know how long leases are 12 months 18 months 24 months that's what I would like to know

There are about 75 to 100 white tractors,single axle decked out with YRC logo on air wind shield and doors marked with logo sitting at Penske's Truck Rental yard in Swedesboro,N.J. 08085. I guess YRC is about to do a lease for new power. I guess they will be distributed accordingly after the COO goes through and who gets what and goes where. I will try to get a picture if I make a delivery there. U can see from road but cant get a good picture unless U enter the yard for a reason?

A positive post, and sign. Now watch out.... Here come all the HATERS!!!!
With all the same complaints.
:smiliewhs::smiliewhs::smiliewhs:

Word is 500 city tractors are coming- they are taking all of the 2005 Sterlings off the road and making them city tractors. Aren't you all excited???

imo its a bandied to just get us to the point where the banks get there money between the the summer and fall of 2014 or early spring of 2015 and fixing up ours is costing way to much also so if lease isnt very long may show what they already know.................. well im not going to explain it lol u should get the picture ........................................ buying would be a better sign .............................oh wait where the furthest we have been in debt 1.336 billion(2012):Emoticon_digging: was only 787 million a few years ago silly me lol:hysterical: they have no money to buy or credit................................... but give backs from mechanics, COO, sadly can pay the lease on trucks just food for thought

Are they Cascadias?

That's an excellent question. Especially when considering that ALL the Cascadia sleepers are leased.
Roadway started leasing line haul tractors after they were spun off by Roadway Services. One reason being it will free up capitol for other expenses.

lease trucks a bad sign imo would love to know how long leases are 12 months 18 months 24 months that's what I would like to know

O'contrary on lease being a bad sign.I've been with two carriers while on layoff, those trucks are very
well maintained. Not a bad deal!

What is wrong with leasing trucks?

Not a damn thing is wrong w/leasing. Look at this way.... it will add another layer
break down protection, another place to swing in and get the windshield clean
more often and praytell the am/fm etc radio is left installed.