Yellow | Any word on new tractors at your barn?

Scratch that! The new/used tractors are Internationals, and from what our mechanic tells me, they're junk. Go figure. Then again I'm from Yellow, I'm used to junk.

We got 3 of the same. Better than some we have had, cabs are too small for the "big" guys...

EOL's have always had "trickle down" equipment.

Though, at one time, we had 6 million mile P&D drivers that each got brand new baby international city tractors. They have ALL since blown up and been towed for scrap, but, there was a time........

I remember those city internationals they had a electrical wiring harness problem also that would cut/shut down the engine at any given time. Had a set going to QVC on the I and she just cut off on me in the middle lane. The one that blew up on me was when I picked up 6 skids of rubber out of the port and coming out of the tunnel I think the turbo blew up or something. There was so much smoke coming out of that truck you would have thought I was cooking BBQ. Those engines were more suited for a furniture company than a freight company.

I remember those city internationals they had a electrical wiring harness problem also that would cut/shut down the engine at any given time. Had a set going to QVC on the I and she just cut off on me in the middle lane. The one that blew up on me was when I picked up 6 skids of rubber out of the port and coming out of the tunnel I think the turbo blew up or something. There was so much smoke coming out of that truck you would have thought I was cooking BBQ. Those engines were more suited for a furniture company than a freight company.

I would venture to say "styrofoam inserts, dispatcher brains and sailboat fuel."

We did have one outta six that hauled a set everyday, over a summit, that outlasted them all, and is still in service with her driver.

There is something to be said for the ability of individual drivers to get the most out of their equipment.

Though, when put to the "test" they were throwaway units.

We got 3 of the same. Better than some we have had, cabs are too small for the "big" guys...

EOL's have always had "trickle down" equipment.

Though, at one time, we had 6 million mile P&D drivers that each got brand new baby international city tractors. They have ALL since blown up and been towed for scrap, but, there was a time........

From what I heard today there are a few more headed our way, Ong/896, real soon. Getting rid of 3 of the snub nose internationals with the "dog house" that leaves you no room to operate the pedals.