Yellow | Any word on new tractors at your barn?

Thursday 653 (Charlotte) had two of the 50 new Freightliner trucks come in to be put into service. Glad to see there are two large back windows instead of the one small window that our other Freightliners have. We have also seen some of the new Stoughton pups come through. The best way to spot them is that on the corners of the nose there is a vertical strip of aluminum and I think the trailer numbers start with 132. Now if we could just get rid of some of those non deck pos trailers that we seem to have too many of! Dock guys know what I'm talking about. DS

. Glad to see there are two large back windows instead of the one small window that our other Freightliners have.

That's all well and good until a glad hand comes through it and hits someone in the head then we'll riveting a piece of aluminum over a 1/4 of it again....................

That's all well and good until a glad hand comes through it and hits someone in the head then we'll riveting a piece of aluminum over a 1/4 of it again....................

You are suppose to unhook the glad hands before you move away from the trailer...:hysterical:

Last edited by a moderator:

I nearly hurt myself laughing so hard. I had forgotten all about that silliness.

We, at Ong/896, just got 4 new (to us) /used, city units. White Freightliner Pro Stars, all with 350 to 400k. JR (oops, I used initials, I hope no one freaks out) brought those with him on his visit Thursday. Seen a few of the new pups also. The tractors look decent, and just about broken in. The new pups are real nice, to bad there's only a few floating throughout the system. Reddaway seems to have a pretty nice looking fleet, at least in SoCal they do.

Atleast now they are spending our 15% on equipment, rather than lining their pockets like theyve been doing since they started stealing our hard earned money

Here is one of New Penn's "new" tractors. Great combo of colors?

(Click on picture to enlarge,reposted with permission from owner of picture)

Sad. Just sad. This picture is a perfect example of what damage the parasite yellow has done to good companies.

I hope that the power steering you want is air assiIst........[/QUOTEI hope they get my 84 RB 2 off the west fence at 309 and ready to run again. No power steering though. Love that screaming v6 DEE-TrOIT too!

The Two new freightliners that came in to 653/CNC Had to be sent back to the factory. someone forgot to inspect them before they sent them out the door. !

We, at Ong/896, just got 4 new (to us) /used, city units. White Freightliner Pro Stars, all with 350 to 400k. JR (oops, I used initials, I hope no one freaks out) brought those with him on his visit Thursday. Seen a few of the new pups also. The tractors look decent, and just about broken in. The new pups are real nice, to bad there's only a few floating throughout the system. Reddaway seems to have a pretty nice looking fleet, at least in SoCal they do.

Scratch that! The new/used tractors are Internationals, and from what our mechanic tells me, they're junk. Go figure. Then again I'm from Yellow, I'm used to junk.