Yellow | Any word on new tractors at your barn?

We had red, blue, and green/orange too remember? But there was nothing like doing p&d in a red, wobbly, old KW cab-over!

If you were afraid of heights you couldn"t peddle freight for P.I.E. Those KW's would give you a nosebleed!!

If you were afraid of heights you couldn"t peddle freight for P.I.E. Those KW's would give you a nosebleed!!

The only ones higher were Diamond-Reo cab-overs (UPS had a couple in Secaucus back in the early 1970's) and the CL9000 Ford cab-overs we had at Maislin - screws for the road and single's for p&d. Used to run the KW's on the road for a while at Maislin but they were on their way out at the time.

Imo, this is the best model tractor that Roadway put into the city.
8309671038_730a58e0ba_z.jpg

Imo, this is the best model tractor that Roadway put into the city.
8309671038_730a58e0ba_z.jpg
From the looks of that black smuge on the trailer you musta put some of the Mrs. Panty hose over the intake to quite the Turbo a little.

What is sadder is your screen name. Especially when it is understood that you aren't domiciled in 309. And as I have posted before, I don't hate you I don't RESPECT you or your opinions.

well all at least I use you real facts in most posts so there not opinions s there facts when it comes to the financials you want to drink the kool aid about ebitda from the company go ahead you want something positive albag yes it would be nice if this place made it really it would ...... but highly unlikely at this point, just like the teamster pension will see reductions , fact its coming....it will sucks for retirees if they lose what they where promised and future retirees..... to many taking out and not enough paying in...fact

...... but if one person looks at the facts whats going on and says hey maybe I should be smart with my money just in case...................this place doesn't make, and no one rides in and buys it ,or pension reform never happens my job here is done if it helps people to think......... you don't like the facts or ever have any facts....other then likeing a statement from someone else and socializing mainly what ever.................. in a lot of my statements is to educate people on the whole numbers not what management sells us ..............then so be it ........... the numbers are the facts I don't make them up, and if you look at the history of unions ltl company's .....name one company that ever got there give back back I cant think of one, and survived more then 5 years .... standard forward is the only one still around and where almost there at 5 years of give backs.............when equipment got to old they take parts off of other trucks or don't fix things like they should the old timers said it wont be long. to the end..of the company in past experiences guys said..............

also are legacy costs , are underperforming work numbers make it hard to compete with all the other non union ltl company's on all levels..............and yes leasing trucks in my opinion isn't a good sign, buying trucks would be better or if we owned the leasing company,the only reason there leasing because of the savings of the change will make the payments imo, also to save on some maintenance costs are killing this place plus.... how many are they leasing might just be 100 or maybe 300 I don't know.....but they need to make some good profits to be able to get more equipment,

all the management that got promotions recently we didn't get anything.... so yes it makes me wonder why the sudden mass promotions,,,,,,, to keep them a round or a severance pay ahead of time just a thought.

We have hardly any assets anymore worth anything, we lease most of terminals, the ones we own most haven't sold after all these years, all most all the equipment is over due to be replaced so it has very little value...bottom line yes there isn't really a lot thats positive with this place .

.I tend to plan for the worse so im not caught off guard if it happens and hope for the best so if it does close I wont be going into bk cause im over extend or need to make 75 - 100k like most to pay the bills.. because it would be hard to find a job making the high end or even 75k.. majority wont so like I said maybe some people reading this they will get there house in order just in case

..so bottom line I hope people, play the wait and see game till 2014-2015 because then the banks will have gotten almost all there money they loaned in interest payments at least..... so it wont matter to the banks if where here

also the downsizing every COO.. yes there about saving money, by eliminating employees cause most wont move, then they can hire casuals etc,or get more out of the ones left ..................... if this would go under the rest of the ltl companys would be better able to take the freight now because some have steadily opened new terminals in new areas and growing.................. they can handle it a lot better now then back a few years ago when we where a lot bigger just a thought sorry itl looks like winding this down slowly to close more then anything in my opinion

but I still think there's one major hope one bank that loaned alot of the money has a sister company that tried to buy but ups and fed x said they where way to big (which they where at the time and still maybe the biggest in the world and the government denied it)... well where a hell of a lot smaller today so maybe the government would let them do it now and say you have to spin of /sell one or two of the companies to do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that's my best hope for long term survivability because they have a boat load of money like UPS

Here is one of New Penn's "new" tractors. Great combo of colors?

(Click on picture to enlarge,reposted with permission from owner of picture)

P.S.

If it is truly that painful for you here; just quit. It's a free Country.. Well, at least for a few more years, anyway

I wondered when someone was going to start saying this again, thought it was time. When you can say nothing else to defend your position, just say "why don't you quit". Great job.
Next give back you can say that again "why don't you quit".

Maybe we should have given them a couple of the used purchase ABF Macks the orange and blue is peeling off pretty soon it should be all green again............................

AGGGGGG! What's with that "120" number on da truck?
Another "escap'ie" from da Poconos???????
I remember seeing a 48' Roadway trailer at the Albuquerque NM terminal, advertising for dockworkers, drivers, etc., for the Roadway terminal in Tannersville Pa.

just a thought may be the new trucks are for the ports in l.a . or east coast got to be green

Think I saw a bunch of C-900's repainted white with YRC logo's parked way behind south dock @ 309. Heard they replaced the 3208 CATS with series 60's.

So, your saying they are going bankrupt???? Mind you, that on the last quarter conference call they said that," We have been offered leases on new equipment from a few companies.

(you wrote.... )

(When a Corp leases their "Rolling Stock" and has no investment in it, should they declare Bankruptcy, the Leasing Co pulls the equipment back, strips off the decals and re-leases it, or sells it and moves on.)

(This, Ladies and Gentlemen is a sign of what is about to occur.)

So, they are leasing this new equipment; knowing that they are going bankrupt... is that what your saying?? Help me out here...
So, I ask again.. are you saying that YRC is about to go bankrupt???

P.S. Leasing new equipment is an investment in your business, and your EMPLOYEES!!! PERIOD!!

The true hatred for this company from some of it's employees never ceases to amaze me!

That's exactly what CF did...When they auction off the junk they did own you will get pennies on the dollar like CF employees did.Feel better? Also that last part you have backwards...Should read, the true hatred this co.has toward its employees never ceases to amaze all of us and this latest betrayal from welsch is more proof of that.

Think I saw a bunch of C-900's repainted white with YRC logo's parked way behind south dock @ 309. Heard they replaced the 3208 CATS with series 60's.

That would be a good trick but an interesting sight, the cab would need a ladder to climb into and jolly green giant mechanics to flip the cab ........

I remember seeing a 48' Roadway trailer at the Albuquerque NM terminal, advertising for dockworkers, drivers, etc., for the Roadway terminal in Tannersville Pa.

that's just to condition new hires for all the transfers they will endure to work for Clown Trucking! lol