Yellow | Any word on new tractors at your barn?

MACKS! I WANT MACKS!
Gonna look kinda stupid going to da Mack Macungie Pa factory and all da other warehouses they have in da Valley driv'in a frekin cornbinder!

So, your saying they are going bankrupt???? Mind you, that on the last quarter conference call they said that," We have been offered leases on new equipment from a few companies.

(you wrote.... )

(When a Corp leases their "Rolling Stock" and has no investment in it, should they declare Bankruptcy, the Leasing Co pulls the equipment back, strips off the decals and re-leases it, or sells it and moves on.)

(This, Ladies and Gentlemen is a sign of what is about to occur.)

So, they are leasing this new equipment; knowing that they are going bankrupt... is that what your saying?? Help me out here...
So, I ask again.. are you saying that YRC is about to go bankrupt???

P.S. Leasing new equipment is an investment in your business, and your EMPLOYEES!!! PERIOD!!

The true hatred for this company from some of it's employees never ceases to amaze me!

Apparently, you don't understand this business. When you lease as opposed to INVESTING in rolling stock, you remove 1 more element that keeps your company secure. Leasing requires nothing from the Lessee EXCEPT a monthly payment, the Lessor makes $$$$ providing equipment, repair services, etcetera. Before the merger, both entities owned rolling stock and properties (Terminals & land), now if you check, they have divested themselves of almost everything. Sold terminals/land/equipment to raise capitol to pay back debt and give themselves BONUSES for a great job, while we have given back our pensions and 15% of our pay! Leasing is an Investment? An Investment in what, Penske Corp? Being able to lay off MORE PEOPLE, Strip Jobs away, cut more corners so that their precious BONUSES aren't affected? Last year, Welch showed $3 Million in compensation, this year, he's touting a $775,000 paycheck (According to the press release, it's a PAY CUT, but of course, with OPTIONS. Now, Rogers, the CFO and the Corp Atty pull down $1.5 to $1.7 Million a year in salary, each. Why don't these folks "SHARE" in the sacrifice like the rest of us are forced to do. If those 3 had a cap @ $775K, this corp could regain $2 Million in operating capitol and have a cash flow. The only hatred here is flowing from you, as you don't understand the possible logistics of positioning and factoring along with a viable exit strategy, if necessary. Take a good long look at my avatar and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I've already been there with this corp!

Apparently, you don't understand this business. When you lease as opposed to INVESTING in rolling stock, you remove 1 more element that keeps your company secure. Leasing requires nothing from the Lessee EXCEPT a monthly payment, the Lessor makes $$$$ providing equipment, repair services, etcetera. Before the merger, both entities owned rolling stock and properties (Terminals & land), now if you check, they have divested themselves of almost everything. Sold terminals/land/equipment to raise capitol to pay back debt and give themselves BONUSES for a great job, while we have given back our pensions and 15% of our pay! Leasing is an Investment? An Investment in what, Penske Corp? Being able to lay off MORE PEOPLE, Strip Jobs away, cut more corners so that their precious BONUSES aren't affected? Last year, Welch showed $3 Million in compensation, this year, he's touting a $775,000 paycheck (According to the press release, it's a PAY CUT, but of course, with OPTIONS. Now, Rogers, the CFO and the Corp Atty pull down $1.5 to $1.7 Million a year in salary, each. Why don't these folks "SHARE" in the sacrifice like the rest of us are forced to do. If those 3 had a cap @ $775K, this corp could regain $2 Million in operating capitol and have a cash flow. The only hatred here is flowing from you, as you don't understand the possible logistics of positioning and factoring along with a viable exit strategy, if necessary. Take a good long look at my avatar and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I've already been there with this corp!

(Take a good long look at my avatar and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I've already been there with this corp!)

This is not Preston, and you don't know what your talking about.

Welch inherited a company with more than its share of financial issues, considering it lost more than $2.6 billion going back to 2007. But under his watch, things are clearly getting better. This was made clear in November, when the company announced that for the third quarter it an had operating profit of $27.3 million on top of a $15.5 million operating profit in the second quarter, marking the first time in four years that YRC, which is the second-largest LTL carrier behind FedEx Freight, posted two straight quarters of operating profit.

What’s more, YRCW issued more good news in February for its 2012 earnings, reporting a positive annual operating income. And its consolidated operating revenue for 2012—at $4.851 billion—was down 0.4 percent compared to 2011, but its consolidated operating income increased $162.3 million to $24.1 million, including a $9.7 million gain on asset disposals, marking its first positive annual consolidated operating income in six years. It reported that 2012 consolidated operating revenue at $4.869 billion and a consolidated operating loss of $138.2 million, including an $8.2 million gain on asset disposals. EBITDA for 2012 at $241.2 million represented an $82.0 million improvement over 2011.

P.S.

If it is truly that painful for you here; just quit. It's a free Country.. Well, at least for a few more years, anyway

amen also look at all the managers that got promotions = [pay raise = imo severance package ahead of time cornbinders are cheap junk and if there the small estes type if you wreck they will have to bury you in it and how will they pay the lease payment from COO and mechanics give back what is a lease in most cases is someone who cant afford the payment and get get a loan to buy................, I agree with your statement............. but to many here cant see all the pieces and the down sizing what it all means where smaller then yellow was at start, and another COO means less employess like last one and some of you old timers really should now the history of company's that give back, and lease, and don't fix equipment =closed doors of all the teamster LTLS OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS HISTORY IS THERE

Last edited by a moderator:
(Take a good long look at my avatar and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I've already been there with this corp!)

Welch inherited a company with more than its share of financial issues, considering it lost more than $2.6 billion going back to 2007. But under his watch, things are clearly getting better. This was made clear in November, when the company announced that for the third quarter it an had operating profit of $27.3 million on top of a $15.5 million operating profit in the second quarter, marking the first time in four years that YRC, which is the second-largest LTL carrier behind FedEx Freight, posted two straight quarters of operating profit.

What’s more, YRCW issued more good news in February for its 2012 earnings, reporting a positive annual operating income. And its consolidated operating revenue for 2012—at $4.851 billion—was down 0.4 percent compared to 2011, but its consolidated operating income increased $162.3 million to $24.1 million, including a $9.7 million gain on asset disposals, marking its first positive annual consolidated operating income in six years. It reported that 2012 consolidated operating revenue at $4.869 billion and a consolidated operating loss of $138.2 million, including an $8.2 million gain on asset disposals. EBITDA for 2012 at $241.2 million represented an $82.0 million improvement over 2011.

P.S.

If it is truly that painful for you here; just quit. It's a free Country.. Well, at least for a few more years, anyway

ou really drink the kool aid dumbass from the company one number 2010= 787 million in debt now 2012 1,336 billion and no company reports earnings as ebitda its either made 500 million net or loss 500 million not well editba lipstick on a pig is still a pig and wow 27 million in profit wow that will put a huge dent in 1,336 billion oh wait they have a bunch of lease payments coming , pension payment covenant payments ...keep drinking the kool aid and saying the same over and over.........we gave them back 350 million add the last few changes savings of 50 million plus and they still can't HARDLY MAKE MONEY LOL

AND THEN A BUNCH OF YOU THINK you will go back to full pay and benefits dream on where they going to come up with 350 million,new trailers,forklifts,city trucks oh wait lease or buy someone else stuff well that takes money to

P.S.

we keep down sizing and old dominion keeps growing adding terminals and wait read no mention of editba that you love to quoTe all the time cause companys don report that way unless there in a real bad financial place

Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. : Old Dominion 2013 First Quarter Earnings Release

04/26/2013| 06:26am US/Eastern

Recommend:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: J. Wes Frye

Senior Vice President, Finance and
Chief Financial Officer
(336) 822-5305
OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE REPORTS 30.6% GROWTH IN 2013 FIRST-QUARTER EARNINGS PER DILUTED SHARE TO $0.47
First-Quarter Operating Ratio Improves 150 Basis Points to 87.6%

THOMASVILLE, N.C. - (April 25, 2013) - Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) today announced financial results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2013. Revenue for the quarter was $532.6 million, a 7.1% increase over $497.1 million for the first quarter of 2012. Net income increased 30.4% to $40.6 million for the first quarter of 2013 from $31.1 million for the first quarter last year, while earnings per diluted share rose 30.6% to $0.47 from $0.36. Old Dominion's operating ratio was 87.6% for the first quarter of 2013 compared with 89.1% for the first quarter of 2012. All prior-period share and per share data in this release have been adjusted to reflect the Company's September 2012 three-for-two stock split.
David S. Congdon, President and Chief Executive Officer of Old Dominion, commented, "Old Dominion is off to a strong start in 2013, as we set a new Company record for our first-quarter operating ratio and increased our earnings per share by 30.6%. We produced these results despite the fact that the 2013 first quarter included Good Friday, which occurred in the second quarter of 2012, and had one less business day than the first quarter of last year. In addition, the winter weather in the first quarter of 2013 was more severe than we experienced in the first quarter of 2012. Even with these headwinds and a less than robust economic environment, we generated revenue growth for the quarter that consisted of a 5.2% increase in tons per day and a 2.9% increase in revenue per hundredweight, excluding fuel surcharges. We believe our growth reflects our ongoing ability to win market share by providing a value proposition that consists of delivering on-time, claims-free service at a fair and equitable price.
"We improved our primary service metrics during the first quarter of 2013, lowering our cargo claims ratio to a record
0.34% and driving our on-time delivery percentage above 99%. We believe the quality of our service, and a positive yield environment, also supported our ability to improve pricing. As a result, our revenue per hundredweight increased for the quarter despite the negative pressure on this metric caused by the 0.9% increase in weight per shipment and 1.1% decline in length of haul. The combination of the increase in revenue per hundredweight and our tonnage growth, which improved freight density and certain operational efficiencies, was primarily responsible for the 150 basis-point improvement in our operating ratio to 87.6% as compared to the first quarter of 2012.
"Net capital expenditures for the first quarter were $26.1 million, which included the expansion and relocation of eight service centers to improve our capacity. We also opened two new service centers in Flagstaff, Arizona and Santa Maria, California, bringing our total service centers in operation at the end of the quarter to 219. We expect net capital expenditures for 2013 to total approximately $270 million, which we plan to fund primarily with cash flow from operations. These expenditures include $95 million for real estate purchases and expansion projects at existing service centers, $150 million for trailers, tractors and other equipment and $25 million for technology and other assets. Our 2013 capital expenditures should provide additional service center and equipment capacity to support continued increases in our market share. The strength of our balance sheet also provides us with the ability to capitalize on future growth opportunities and market consolidation. At March 31, 2013, our ratio of total debt to capitalization improved 190 basis points to 17.1% from 19.0% at the end of 2012."
- MORE -
ODFL Reports First-Quarter Financial Results
Page 2
April 25, 2013
Mr. Congdon concluded, "Old Dominion's strong financial and operating performance in a challenging operating environment reflects the dedication of the entire Old Dominion team and validates our value proposition and business model. We are confident in our proven ability to execute our growth strategies, win additional market share and outperform our industry. As a result, we look forward to the remainder of 2013 and our prospects for creating additional value for our shareholders."

this is fed x freight 2010 loss money in 1st quater do you see editba noFedEx Freight Segment

For the first quarter, the FedEx Freight segment reported:

Revenue of $1.26 billion, up 28% from last year's $982 million

Operating loss of $16 million, compared with operating income of $2 million a year ago

Operating margin of (1.3%), compared with 0.2% the previous year

LTL average daily shipments increased 29% and yield declined 3% year over year primarily due to the effects of discounted pricing in contracts signed in fiscal 2010. However, yields increased 4% from the fourth quarter as a result of the company's recent yield management initiatives to improve pricing.

Operating losses in the quarter were driven by lower yields and higher volume-related costs, as significantly higher shipment levels required increased purchased transportation and other expenses.
SO TAKE YOUR EDITBA AND STICK IT STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID JUST LIKE LOWER AND MIDDLE MANAGMENT ON THE EDITBA NUMBERS

ou really drink the kool aid dumbass from the company one number 2010= 787 million in debt now 2012 1,336 billion and no company reports earnings as ebitda its either made 500 million net or loss 500 million not well editba lipstick on a pig is still a pig and wow 27 million in profit wow that will put a huge dent in 1,336 billion oh wait they have a bunch of lease payments coming , pension payment covenant payments ...keep drinking the kool aid and saying the same over and over.........we gave them back 350 million add the last few changes savings of 50 million plus and they still can't HARDLY MAKE MONEY LOL

AND THEN A BUNCH OF YOU THINK you will go back to full pay and benefits dream on where they going to come up with 350 million,new trailers,forklifts,city trucks oh wait lease or buy someone else stuff well that takes money to

we keep down sizing and old dominion keeps growing adding terminals and wait read no mention of editba that you love to quoTe all the time cause companys don report that way unless there in a real bad financial place

Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. : Old Dominion 2013 First Quarter Earnings Release

Recommend:

Chief Financial Officer
(336) 822-5305
OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE REPORTS 30.6% GROWTH IN 2013 FIRST-QUARTER EARNINGS PER DILUTED SHARE TO $0.47

THOMASVILLE, N.C. - (April 25, 2013) - Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) today announced financial results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2013. Revenue for the quarter was $532.6 million, a 7.1% increase over $497.1 million for the first quarter of 2012. Net income increased 30.4% to $40.6 million for the first quarter of 2013 from $31.1 million for the first quarter last year, while earnings per diluted share rose 30.6% to $0.47 from $0.36. Old Dominion's operating ratio was 87.6% for the first quarter of 2013 compared with 89.1% for the first quarter of 2012. All prior-period share and per share data in this release have been adjusted to reflect the Company's September 2012 three-for-two stock split.
David S. Congdon, President and Chief Executive Officer of Old Dominion, commented, "Old Dominion is off to a strong start in 2013, as we set a new Company record for our first-quarter operating ratio and increased our earnings per share by 30.6%. We produced these results despite the fact that the 2013 first quarter included Good Friday, which occurred in the second quarter of 2012, and had one less business day than the first quarter of last year. In addition, the winter weather in the first quarter of 2013 was more severe than we experienced in the first quarter of 2012. Even with these headwinds and a less than robust economic environment, we generated revenue growth for the quarter that consisted of a 5.2% increase in tons per day and a 2.9% increase in revenue per hundredweight, excluding fuel surcharges. We believe our growth reflects our ongoing ability to win market share by providing a value proposition that consists of delivering on-time, claims-free service at a fair and equitable price.
"We improved our primary service metrics during the first quarter of 2013, lowering our cargo claims ratio to a record
0.34% and driving our on-time delivery percentage above 99%. We believe the quality of our service, and a positive yield environment, also supported our ability to improve pricing. As a result, our revenue per hundredweight increased for the quarter despite the negative pressure on this metric caused by the 0.9% increase in weight per shipment and 1.1% decline in length of haul. The combination of the increase in revenue per hundredweight and our tonnage growth, which improved freight density and certain operational efficiencies, was primarily responsible for the 150 basis-point improvement in our operating ratio to 87.6% as compared to the first quarter of 2012.
"Net capital expenditures for the first quarter were $26.1 million, which included the expansion and relocation of eight service centers to improve our capacity. We also opened two new service centers in Flagstaff, Arizona and Santa Maria, California, bringing our total service centers in operation at the end of the quarter to 219. We expect net capital expenditures for 2013 to total approximately $270 million, which we plan to fund primarily with cash flow from operations. These expenditures include $95 million for real estate purchases and expansion projects at existing service centers, $150 million for trailers, tractors and other equipment and $25 million for technology and other assets. Our 2013 capital expenditures should provide additional service center and equipment capacity to support continued increases in our market share. The strength of our balance sheet also provides us with the ability to capitalize on future growth opportunities and market consolidation. At March 31, 2013, our ratio of total debt to capitalization improved 190 basis points to 17.1% from 19.0% at the end of 2012."
- MORE -
Page 2
April 25, 2013
Mr. Congdon concluded, "Old Dominion's strong financial and operating performance in a challenging operating environment reflects the dedication of the entire Old Dominion team and validates our value proposition and business model. We are confident in our proven ability to execute our growth strategies, win additional market share and outperform our industry. As a result, we look forward to the remainder of 2013 and our prospects for creating additional value for our shareholders."

this is fed x freight 2010 loss money in 1st quater do you see editba noFedEx Freight Segment

Operating loss of $16 million, compared with operating income of $2 million a year ago

LTL average daily shipments increased 29% and yield declined 3% year over year primarily due to the effects of discounted pricing in contracts signed in fiscal 2010. However, yields increased 4% from the fourth quarter as a result of the company's recent yield management initiatives to improve pricing.

Operating losses in the quarter were driven by lower yields and higher volume-related costs, as significantly higher shipment levels required increased purchased transportation and other expenses.
SO TAKE YOUR EDITBA AND STICK IT STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID JUST LIKE LOWER AND MIDDLE MANAGMENT ON THE EDITBA NUMBERS
Cellblock309 life must be a literal paradise with you. Get over yourself. EVERYONE knows the tenuous financial condition of YRCF. But you are beating a DEAD HORSE. As far as who is a HATER, should ANYONE dare to disagree with your opinion (and that is EXACTLY what it is OPINION) you spew venom like a wounded snake.
If, as you claim, you are in no way bound to YRCF financially then WHY do you stay????? Surely since you claim that you have a life and where you work is unimportant then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
One last thing I don't know who you think I am but you are SERIOUSLY deluded.

Back to the "New" tractors.:popcorn:

Well they are not leased nor are they new, the Internationals are 2008's with 330Hp ISM Cummins and 10 speeds, they look to have just over 300k miles on them bought used from Penske just like we've done in the past for P&D tractors.

Recommend:

Chief Financial Officer
(336) 822-5305

- MORE -
Page 2
April 25, 2013

Go work for Old Dominion then!!!!! Please for the love of GOD!!!

cellblock309 life must be a literal paradise with you. Get over yourself. Everyone knows the tenuous financial condition of yrcf. But you are beating a dead horse. As far as who is a hater, should anyone dare to disagree with your opinion (and that is exactly what it is opinion) you spew venom like a wounded snake.
If, as you claim, you are in no way bound to yrcf financially then why do you stay????? Surely since you claim that you have a life and where you work is unimportant then go somewhere else!
One last thing i don't know who you think i am but you are seriously deluded.

disagree............. But have facts or tell me where i am wrong lol albag and you pick and choose to respond like i said your avatar says alot about you sadly

disagree............. But have facts or tell me where i am wrong lol albag and you pick and choose to respond like i said your avatar says alot about you sadly

What is sadder is your screen name. Especially when it is understood that you aren't domiciled in 309. And as I have posted before, I don't hate you I don't RESPECT you or your opinions.

Well they are not leased nor are they new, the Internationals are 2008's with 330Hp ISM Cummins and 10 speeds, they look to have just over 300k miles on them bought used from Penske just like we've done in the past for P&D tractors.

Do you know approximately how many units there are?

If true......good deal, engine just now broke in.

Hard to tell for sure but there looks to be about 50 most on the west coast, none have a domicile yet and only a few have a status location.
And like normal the numbers are intermixed with the retired 03-05 Sterling's with some 04-05 Volvo's thrown in for good luck. For the life of me I can't figure out why we wouldn't number them by make/model so we know what they are like line haul does.................

For the life of me I can't figure out why we wouldn't number them by make/model so we know what they are like line haul does.................

1) To keep you guessing?

2) It would make sense?

3) Those are the numbers left over after retiring other tractors?

:o

Then it became red[PIE]. Those damn COO's. Change the damn color of your tractor all the time!!

We had red, blue, and green/orange too remember? But there was nothing like doing p&d in a red, wobbly, old KW cab-over!