XPO | +anybody hear if the consession rumor is true at usf holland?

All I see is smoke and mirrors. Black Friday was projected to be very red, which would have perpetuated the gloom and doom agenda. Sorry corporate America, your plan will not resonate. TE out...

Now those are the truest words I have heard all week...I don't think there is any history for us to refer to during these times, not even the depression...
Good, bad or indifferent, we are writing new chapters as we go in this economy, whether as individuals or companies, and each turn in the highway will probably stun us for awhile...

Was not refering to any external economic history. Only to what Conway has done.

All I see is smoke and mirrors. Black Friday was projected to be very red, which would have perpetuated the gloom and doom agenda. Sorry corporate America, your plan will not resonate. TE out...

Well, I find it hard to believe that you think Black Friday was somehow a scam, when this country is thirsting for anything resembling a feel good story...all the stories that I have seen say that overall it was a good day, but it needs to be sustained to really help out...
Our local mall was full then, and it was tonight on the way home...I think the more tell tale sign was in the interviews people were doing at the mall on Friday where the consensus seemed to be that everyone planned on spending about 30% less this year than normal...So they're out there buying, just buying less perhaps..??

It was a 10% accross the board cut for everyone.

I am guessing that a 10% hit, makes more sense than the un-employment office lines.......You can't eat "principle"....I am not sure I even know what "principles" look like......The YRC employees are not stupid, they will do whatever it takes to get through this crisis. But, when things turn around, and times are better, I wouldn't want to be on the negotiating committe for the employers when the next National Freight contract comes up.........

:holysheep:

I am guessing that a 10% hit, makes more sense than the un-employment office lines.......You can't eat "principle"....I am not sure I even know what "principles" look like......The YRC employees are not stupid, they will do whatever it takes to get through this crisis. But, when things turn around, and times are better, I wouldn't want to be on the negotiating committe for the employers when the next National Freight contract comes up.........

:holysheep:

I agree. I think 90% of their job is still much better than most. I also think our jobs are still much better than most.