Estes | Anybody use satellite radio via fm modulator?

I was contantly changing channels when I had a satelite radio. Defenately needs a direct connect if you use one of those things. The only thing i've used it for was the football games. I now have a droid phone. I put my music on a few cd's.

I had Sirius but I got so tired of changing channels I took it out and canceled the service last year. Am sure there is a simple solution to the constant hissing and signal loss but didn't feel like sinking more money into it. You would think that with what I paid for the receiver and monthly subscription fee the damn thing would work right, but I guess not. They can keep it.

i have one xm radio i got a thing you hook up to the radio antena i don't lose singal at all i can play it on any station

Don't ya just hate to call xm sirrus satellite bill paying center?yes,I know I can have an automatic payment deal.or mail it in.but talking to the phillipinos to pay my satellite bill is not a way to employ people in the US.what a shame.yes,that plug n play modulator is a good thing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

or if you buy the xm fm direct connect your xm works a ton better. here it is ---- Audiovox - XMDirect adapter this is an easy install because the ant connects by the pass side door under the dash. real easy to hide behind the panel on pas side. on the new style international trucks

Last edited by a moderator:
or if your stereo in your truck has an AUX input looks like a head phone jack on the front. i know estes shop has these new CD players with them. then get a dual male AUX cable at radio shack about 10 bucks or so and connect it that way.

Tapatalk

:popcorn::popcorn:n.but talking to the phillipinos to pay my satellite bill is not a way to employ people in the US.what a shame.yes,that plug n play modulator is a good thing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
What is tapatalk/?

well i dont know how well these systems work in a truck, but the sirius stratus 6 satellite radio works perfectly with a mp3 system on a motorcycle. you just plug & play.

no signal

I bought the xm direct connect and all I get is a no signal message. I plug it in the old way and it works fine. I dont have signal issues, I have a mushroom antenna. It must be defective. And yes its hooked up right.:17113:

OK here's my deal. I have an older style International and have to take everything out every time I'm home. Am now gonna start from scratch. Is there technology available that would keep me from pulling the radio or dash out all the time to remove the entire unit? I cancelled my old Sirius because of the constant hissing+ channel loss but don't know if the technology is available yet to meet my needs without a lot of trouble. Thanks.

So your International has nothing in it at all and you have to take everything out when you're done? Do you at least get the same truck every time?

roog

OK here's my deal. I have an older style International and have to take everything out every time I'm home. Am now gonna start from scratch. Is there technology available that would keep me from pulling the radio or dash out all the time to remove the entire unit? I cancelled my old Sirius because of the constant hissing+ channel loss but don't know if the technology is available yet to meet my needs without a lot of trouble. Thanks.

yes all Estes drivers have the same truck or should. maybe the terminal is in a :shit:hole

We're supposed to keep the same truck but at Chicago whenever anybodys truck is in the shop or been swiped then they tell you to go find another one. Its pretty much a free for all mess sometimes. This one has a Panasonic with a CD player. No Aux jack but it does say "Sat Radio Ready" on the front of it. Instruction book is long gone.

those panasonic cd decks do have an aux input on the bottom right corner. or the ones i have seen had one