Yellow | Anyone heard anything from the COO hearings held today? (11/11/2008)

Besides we are one big happy family, atleast a family, and where I come from blood is thicker than water. We might fight amongst ourselves, but let someone step between us.

Good Luck to EVERYONE and GB!

Thanks KK. I figured the biggest move of the COO would happen in January. It's not like we've had a busy season but January is traditionally the slowest part of the year.

RDWY Winston (671) and Yellow HPT should be an easy blend. The biggest problem for our area is Yellow's BB in CLT. I don't see YRC keeping two BB's this close together (85 miles).

DS.
they won't docksteward, and that was quoted from your b.a......that is why we have already swapped seniority lists between both facilities....call Jay C. or Ron C. on our dock....they should both have copies by now....g-man

What I said and what I continue to believe is;
Seniority must(should) prevail at all times.
Personally I don't believe it is fair or correct to lock someone into the classification that they are in.
That may mean that members with less senoirity would be working while a senior man is laid off.
That is not the tru concept of unionism (my belief).
Again we are merging both companies together.
Master seniority should prevail.
I am a second generation Teamster and that is what my Father taught me, and it is what I believe.

Again my two cents.

EVERYONE stays in their classification senority....KK

I know your information is right, and I take your word as gospel, but as a lower man it is a awfully hard pill to swallow that you are going to be laid off indefinitely while someone that only has 2 years in will still be working, still getting medical, still getting a pension payments.

I would even venture to say a case could be made that Teamsters may be failing in their duty of fair representation if they proceed to implement in this manner. The argument could be made effectively classification as far as P&D or line haul would be irrelevant since all CDL-A employees have the ability to perform all work.

Pro-union ...seniority is not going to prevail...I will now lose my job to inactive men with out the right to bump a jr man off the road board....I'm qualified to do that job....I dont understand how are representation could settle for this.....seniority should prevail period.

bottom guys (including myself) should chill out and look at the big picture, this country is going to lay off a lot more than what yrc is laying off, we're all just going to have to survive anyway possible.....i had to bring up martin luther king jr.....there is nothing to fear but fear itself.....so if this company is putting fear on you, do everybody in this country a favor and just keep your head high no matter how bad you life or career at yrc turns out cause in the end you'll prosper cause everything that you do will do to survive is just enough to get by, the only poison i see in ALL workplaces is FEAR so if you get laid off...you know what NOT to do cause fear can get the best of you

I think we have a case, I believe the first step aside from voicing your displeasure to your local reps, would be to file an NLRB petition against the Teamsters.

I know your information is right, and I take your word as gospel, but as a lower man it is a awfully hard pill to swallow that you are going to be laid off indefinitely while someone that only has 2 years in will still be working, still getting medical, still getting a pension payments.

I would even venture to say a case could be made that Teamsters may be failing in their duty of fair representation if they proceed to implement in this manner. The argument could be made effectively classification as far as P&D or line haul would be irrelevant since all CDL-A employees have the ability to perform all work.

i agree that senority should prevail at all times.....we should be able to bump into the road if you are local cartage.....all of the rules need to change with this massive merger.....the company and union make rules as they go.........lets stand tall and fight this.......nuff said.......:hide:

Mlk??

.....i had to bring up martin luther king jr.....there is nothing to fear but fear itself.....I think FDR said this?? (covering my head..ready for the incoming flack)

Is there any way to tell which terminals will be merged together? Here in Tampa, there is one Yellow, one Roadway, but smaller Roadways in Sarasota, etc.

Who goes where??

i agree that senority should prevail at all times.....we should be able to bump into the road if you are local cartage.....all of the rules need to change with this massive merger.....the company and union make rules as they go.........lets stand tall and fight this.......nuff said.......:hide:

Petition
In the matter of merger between Roadway Express and Yellow Transportation, our union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, has failed to represent all members, it is our conclusion that company seniority must prevail over classification, as all affected parties are capable of all work across all classifications

The undersigned members in good standing of Local __, City, State , hereby request the following actions be taken: (1) Union re-negotiate the rules of merger so as to allow Company seniority to prevail across classification.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, the only problem is that you can't get back over when the neighborhood goes to $hit.....read carefully and understand what you read.....nothing fair in business.

Petition
In the matter of merger between Roadway Express and Yellow Transportation, our union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, has failed to represent all members, it is our conclusion that company seniority must prevail over classification, as all affected parties are capable of all work across all classifications

The undersigned members in good standing of Local __, City, State , hereby request the following actions be taken: (1) Union re-negotiate the rules of merger so as to allow Company seniority to prevail across classification.

The problem is we were hired in whatever classification knowing if we wanted to change we would have to quit and be rehired in a different classification. Even now we have people laid off in city and they can't just jump to the line board when they are on layoff just because they are senior to someone on the road. Not a good time to start making new rules,this is complicated enough.

you dont have to quit to go to another classifications.....new rules are just what the union and yrc pulled on us today.....contact me silvertooth in pm.....im in on that petition

We sent a BA out there and in a conference call with us all last night he told us that ALL employees from BOTH companies will be dovetailed and then layoffs would come from the bottom of that list. No active or inactive lists will be used. COO will come out 12/08 and go in effect 1/09 and then another will come out to go in effet by 3/09 and ALL employees will be merged by March 2009....KK

Can you tell what a COO is, to make sure I understand this correctly.....

Noition wide?

Will there be an opportunity to bump lower seniority men in any barn anywhere in your classiffication? Say you get the axe at Charlotte and can bump a man in Hickory? Will this be possible?

The problem is we were hired in whatever classification knowing if we wanted to change we would have to quit and be rehired in a different classification. Even now we have people laid off in city and they can't just jump to the line board when they are on layoff just because they are senior to someone on the road. Not a good time to start making new rules,this is complicated enough.

That depends on locality, (in some places laid of folks can jump classifications) it would be my stance that since we had no assumption we would be merged with Roadways board at hire it would be just as likely that we could be merged into another classification.

You guys know who I'm talking to. GROW up and start acting like MEN. You knew the consequences when you changed classification, I did. I have some regrets, but I'm not crying over it. I made my bed and I will lay in it, I'm laid off with much, much Jr men than me working and many more when it's all said in done. I was well informed when I jumped ship, and yes I did have to quit and be rehired when I changed classification as well as anyone else. So where do you suppose your master seniority starts, your first hire date or immediately after you quit and changed classes?

Pathetic...