Yellow | Anyone need a job?

Trained on M60A-3's at Ft. Knox. Gunned M60A-1's with 3d Armored Cav. at Ft. Bliss. Was involved with field testing the M1A1 (3dACR) and transitioning to it. Fired a 990 at Dona Ana, NM on my first gunnery with the M1A1.

Went to Germany soon after and worked on 7th Corp NETT (New Equipment Training Team) and was a Battalion Ops. asst. for 1/37 Armor (1st AD "Old Ironsides") at Vilseck.

Didn't care much for the fire system on the M1 (too complicated for battlefield use vs. system on M-60's) but I liked the suspension on the M1 (rode better).

Ok I took a job with a yrc competitor. I took a LOA to work at ABF for a while. Is there something wrong with getting my pension paid?
Is there something wrong with doing a hard days work and being appreciated for it. Is there something wrong with working for someone who acts like they want you there.

There's NOTHING wrong with that...it makes you one of the 'lucky' ones. Was business slow over at Holland, or were you getting ready in case YRC went out? Holland has ads at for full time drivers right now. I applied....this should be interesting:1036316054::popcorn:

Joe wasn't in the unit long, got reduced in rank to an e-negative-5(waterboy)after switching out the infrared-search light for a 19'' tv so he could watch "Love American Style" on Friday nights after the federalis kicked him out of mec-e-co! PS: Word is the guys hated his guts because of all his :butt kiss:ing up to the base commander, Gen. William Zollars & his Yeoman, Pvt. jimmy hoffa jr!
always
thWINKgif.gif

the whacked out
goofball

There's NOTHING wrong with that...it makes you one of the 'lucky' ones. Was business slow over at Holland, or were you getting ready in case YRC went out? Holland has ads at for full time drivers right now. I applied....this should be interesting:1036316054::popcorn:

Getting ready just in case. With the loa option open to me I really couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Holland is not to bad.But it was a lot better before yellow and roadway bought USF and ran it into the ground.Good luck ,yrc will not be around much longer with the debt and unable to turn a profit it's only a matter of time.You have to be a fool not to see what's going on.

I see 16 to 20 job post on Indeed.com every day in the PGH area for drivers. problem is they all pay under $14 an hour to start, which is a slap in the face. Seems they all want driving school grads.

Ok I took a job with a yrc competitor. I took a LOA to work at ABF for a while. Is there something wrong with getting my pension paid?
Is there something wrong with doing a hard days work and being appreciated for it. Is there something wrong with working for someone who acts like they want you there.

You took the Lafayette job, didn't you? The guy that's #2 here with me was full-time ABF Lafayette, Laid-off when he was hired here (almost 2 years ago). ABF called him back last spring-- he resigned. Terminal Mgr refused to take his resignation. Said two others had refused to come back and be Bottom-Man as well. Finally, Mike went in, talked to Mgr for over an hour-- resigned to stay here. He's on a Monday Night thru Friday Morn twice a week Indy- Minneapolis. Couldn't pass that up!

You took the Lafayette job, didn't you? The guy that's #2 here with me was full-time ABF Lafayette, Laid-off when he was hired here (almost 2 years ago). ABF called him back last spring-- he resigned. Terminal Mgr refused to take his resignation. Said two others had refused to come back and be Bottom-Man as well. Finally, Mike went in, talked to Mgr for over an hour-- resigned to stay here. He's on a Monday Night thru Friday Morn twice a week Indy- Minneapolis. Couldn't pass that up!

No but I know the guy and he is on full time now.
They do seem to have a hard time finding folks to work at the satellites. But to me being bottom at a small place seems better than being bottom at a large terminal.