Yellow | Anyone need a job?

cdlguy

Credits
It's funny that everywhere you turn, people are saying there's no jobs, but the place I found one needs a good driver, & can't find one. They're desperate for a night driver that has a clean driving record, tanker endorsements, clean criminal background. You need to be clean cut looking. Has good insurance but you have to pay for it. Good holidays, vacations, etc. Not union, but has 401k. OT after 40. Doesn't pay as much as Yellow, but then neither does Yellow anymore. And the best part, no stress, no worrying about whether you have a job or not. No living by the phone. They treat their drivers like gold. If anyone in the Indy area is interested, PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that both this company and you won't identify the company? Or is there something about this company that the company would rather people not know.

Plenty of those types here in KC. No one knows anything about the company until it's too late.

It's funny that everywhere you turn, people are saying there's no jobs, but the place I found one needs a good driver, & can't find one. They're desperate for a night driver that has a clean driving record, tanker endorsements, clean criminal background. You need to be clean cut looking. Has good insurance but you have to pay for it. Good holidays, vacations, etc. Not union, but has 401k. OT after 40. Doesn't pay as much as Yellow, but then neither does Yellow anymore. And the best part, no stress, no worrying about whether you have a job or not. No living by the phone. They treat their drivers like gold. If anyone in the Indy area is interested, PM me.

I'm good to go except for the clean driving record, tanker endorsement(I'm not a tanker but spent some time in a m-60), clean background or clean cut(I could be if I take out the nose, ear, lip, eyebrow piercings. Nothing I can do about the tatoos, sorry). I do have a charming personality though which makes up for an awful lot. Can you put in a good word for me!!! Thanks. PS: I can't work nights and the onion will only let me work 39.5 hours a month.:shift: If they have a b model mack I can drive that too!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that both this company and you won't identify the company? Or is there something about this company that the company would rather people not know.

Plenty of those types here in KC. No one knows anything about the company until it's too late.

Not sure what you mean; I can identify the company for someone who's interested. And they've had ads in the paper, on Careerbuilder, & all the job sites. But they haven't had many qualified drivers apply. It doesn't pay as much as a union job, & it's not in freight, but it's still a good job for someone laid off that doesn't have one. And there are other guys on this board that know of some good OTR jobs available here in Indy (unless they've hired already, not sure) . With a lot of folks unemployment running out this month, I was just putting it out there for any laid off drivers that can't find a decent job.

You did good. There are always the smart mouth people to put someone down for no reason. If it means the lights stay one I am sure someone is interested.

I just heard MTS (Martin Transportation Systems) out of Michigan is going to be hiring 25 drivers in Tulsa, OK. Its daycab work hauling auto parts.

You did good. There are always the smart mouth people to put someone down for no reason. If it means the lights stay one I am sure someone is interested.

Thanks...ever since all this yes/no vote stuff happened, it seems like you can't post anything on here anymore without being attacked.

I'm good to go except for the clean driving record, tanker endorsement(I'm not a tanker but spent some time in a m-60), clean background or clean cut(I could be if I take out the nose, ear, lip, eyebrow piercings. Nothing I can do about the tatoos, sorry). I do have a charming personality though which makes up for an awful lot. Can you put in a good word for me!!! Thanks. PS: I can't work nights and the onion will only let me work 39.5 hours a month.:shift: If they have a b model mack I can drive that too!!!!!!!!!

nice toy that M60 A-1. They were all brand new tanks in the battalion..
images

you didn't do operation desert strike in the the Mojave desert..Hell On Wheels style, did you?

There are no sites "like" this. Jeff likes us to be employed to become premium members!

I love for people to be employed but Premium Membership is optional, Personally I look at the website the same way all regular members do, I see every ad just as all the regular membership users do,

Premium Membership is for those people who hate ads to the point they would block them anyway or need faster page loads....

It don't really matter which way the money comes, as long as I can pay that server bill and since 2004, I have been able to do that :bananapartyhat:

I love for people to be employed but Premium Membership is optional, Personally I look at the website the same way all regular members do, I see every ad just as all the regular membership users do,

Premium Membership is for those people who hate ads to the point they would block them anyway or need faster page loads....

It don't really matter which way the money comes, as long as I can pay that server bill and since 2004, I have been able to do that :bananapartyhat:
i'm shootin for 2015 myself. 8 years early on the 15!

cdlguy

I love your PRESTON avitar.

Were you a driver at Preston ... or a recruiter?

Your name (cdlguy says driver). You sound like cdlrecruiter.

Just checking.

I'm working for a well known refer company out of KC Kansas ... did'nt have to go far to find a job, did I? KC Kansas?

I can go back to YRCW ... if and when they call me back ... or I can stay where I am.

I have'nt resigned from YRCW and I have'nt taken a job with one of YRCW's competetors, either. Like some of the POS's that post here.

If you worked for Preston ... you certainly have an ax to grind as well as me and my Bro's and Sis's so please don't take this the wrong way ...

wild deuce
Proud Teamster!

If you are a POS who resigned or took a job with a YRCW competetor ...
at least say you did!!!

There are good driving jobs out there, just have to perfect driving/work record and have some connections. Small companies not into freight are good places to look at. I'm talking local tanker, and others that specialize in something different.