TForce | Anything New?

Heres something thats,old,as well as new.

We all have been given the new yard rules and have been putting them into practise by now.
May 1st was to have been the date for the start of zero tolerence with every one of us doing our best to be safe in line with these new regulations,so we could keep our jobs with UPS Freight.
Well thats the new part.

Now heres the old news.
My TM had a meeting with my co-workers about the waring of the vests.

I was out dropping off an appoinment delivery,so I missed out on the meeting.
When I returned to hook up my route trailer,some of my co-workers asked me about waring the vests.

I asked why they were asking I had thought everyone was taught what my TM,and I heard on the conference call from the head of the safety department?

So I went to the TM to ask him what was going on?
I asked about what was said on the conference call,and now its changed?

He got very angry with me.
Hey like I knew what was going on?
Well he said I didn't know what I was talking about,then implied I was lying about what I heard from safety.

So I told him I wanted to quit being his safety trainer.
He said bye,bye,in other words if I don't want it I can resign from my job.

Well I didn't say another word,and left to do my route.

I called the head of safety,and was told,that all the TM's were given the right to do everything the way they wanted,as long as we were all kept safe.

So now we've gone from zero tolerence of every terminal being on the same page with these new safety guidlines.
To each TM doing what they think is best for their local operation.

I also found out the only way I can get out of being my terminals safety trainer is to leave the company on my own,or get fired.

So there you have it,new rules,carried out the old Overnite way,of the TM's setting their own policy.

Well as far as the regions safety director is concearned, you can quit at anytime without recoarse.

You can also ask for a meeting of your piers to discuss your TM firing you over such a feeble minded idea.
I get the impression this TM does'nt care for you too some degree.

More pagers ripped from the"Generalization of Interpetations" rule book!!! Screw calling the Richmonds safety office Apo, call UPS Atlanta. Calling Richmond is like talking to someone with mental issues working at a trucking relay station on the plains of the Dakotas. You could always get a note from your doctor stating due to the additional pressure, it is not advisable that you continue in that role. Hell, I have all the forms.....need a note? Same "O", same "O"!!!!

Welll hugnlug seeing I'm an Apotolic Pentecostal Born Again Christian,I've been able to put up with a whole lot of tastyness from people.
I just turn them over to God by praying that he will have mercy on their souls.

Then I'm able to forgive them,and live in peace.

I don't feel like a frustrated UPS Freight city driver with the title of safety trainer.

My choice is to work with the highier ethic doing everything unto God.

My life goes well,and I'm blessed with peace of mind knowing I'm doing my best.

I still remain living a biblical life with no problems,because I find the Holy Bible has all my answers to every sistuation I ever encounter.

Theres a portion of scripture in the book of Matthew 12:35-37 that states I'll be judged,and will have to give an account for every idle word I speak in the great day of judgment.

An idle word meanning non-productive,using words to cut someone down,or just being negative.

So all my conversations with my TM have been reduced to good morning,yes sir,and no sir.
Unless he address an issue that I have to say anymore then thoses few words,this works very nice for me.

I know most of you can't relate to my way of life as an Apostolic.
But the way I've learned to deal with people ,that think they are ruling over me in some way,is I say to myself its against the law to kill people with bullets,so I do it with kindness.

Believe me,when someone thinks they are getting you down,and you come at them in a nice way,that really blows their mind.
I've seen this happen over,and over in my 44 years as a trucker.

Welll hugnlug seeing I'm an Apotolic Pentecostal Born Again Christian,I've been able to put up with a whole lot of tastyness from people.
I just turn them over to God by praying that he will have mercy on their souls.

Then I'm able to forgive them,and live in peace.

I don't feel like a frustrated UPS Freight city driver with the title of safety trainer.

My choice is to work with the highier ethic doing everything unto God.

My life goes well,and I'm blessed with peace of mind knowing I'm doing my best.

I still remain living a biblical life with no problems,because I find the Holy Bible has all my answers to every sistuation I ever encounter.

Theres a portion of scripture in the book of Matthew 12:35-37 that states I'll be judged,and will have to give an account for every idle word I speak in the great day of judgment.

An idle word meanning non-productive,using words to cut someone down,or just being negative.

So all my conversations with my TM have been reduced to good morning,yes sir,and no sir.
Unless he address an issue that I have to say anymore then thoses few words,this works very nice for me.

I know most of you can't relate to my way of life as an Apostolic.
But the way I've learned to deal with people ,that think they are ruling over me in some way,is I say to myself its against the law to kill people with bullets,so I do it with kindness.

Believe me,when someone thinks they are getting you down,and you come at them in a nice way,that really blows their mind.
I've seen this happen over,and over in my 44 years as a trucker.

Yes sir.... There is also scripture in the book of the IBT, when we get a contract, bring this unto your TM and his rules, it's called "Take your safety rules and shove it":tongue0002: :tongue0002: .:hysterical: Hopefully when we get a contract we will get paid for it... as we should.

Heres something thats,old,as well as new.

We all have been given the new yard rules and have been putting them into practise by now.
May 1st was to have been the date for the start of zero tolerence with every one of us doing our best to be safe in line with these new regulations,so we could keep our jobs with UPS Freight.
Well thats the new part.

Now heres the old news.
My TM had a meeting with my co-workers about the waring of the vests.

I was out dropping off an appoinment delivery,so I missed out on the meeting.
When I returned to hook up my route trailer,some of my co-workers asked me about waring the vests.

I asked why they were asking I had thought everyone was taught what my TM,and I heard on the conference call from the head of the safety department?

So I went to the TM to ask him what was going on?
I asked about what was said on the conference call,and now its changed?

He got very angry with me.
Hey like I knew what was going on?
Well he said I didn't know what I was talking about,then implied I was lying about what I heard from safety.

So I told him I wanted to quit being his safety trainer.
He said bye,bye,in other words if I don't want it I can resign from my job.

Well I didn't say another word,and left to do my route.

I called the head of safety,and was told,that all the TM's were given the right to do everything the way they wanted,as long as we were all kept safe.

So now we've gone from zero tolerence of every terminal being on the same page with these new safety guidlines.
To each TM doing what they think is best for their local operation.

I also found out the only way I can get out of being my terminals safety trainer is to leave the company on my own,or get fired.

So there you have it,new rules,carried out the old Overnite way,of the TM's setting their own policy.

I'll tell you one thing AP I wouldn't put up with a TM like you seem to have. His in your window and threating remarks you think he is making toward you to keep you in the safety program is nonsense. If you want out get out of it. From the things I heard you post here it is not worth the aggravation. Don't let the TM intimidate you of losing your job. Stand up to him and tell him it's to hard on you and your health. Which wouldn't be a lie. At you age and the heart problem you had you don't need the extra aggravation. You will glad you did believe me. If after that you notice a change in the way he treats you call the hot line. Believe me a TM has to answer to every call. That is one area UPS is very good in.
Go in do your job and avoid the TM and go straight to the house when done.
Life will get even more sweeter. Trust me you don't need this at your time in life.
You need to work then go home and play. :funky:

The safety rules are here to stay with or without a contract. If your TM is talking crazy and will not let you out of the safety thing you need to talk to your human resource manger. We have one in my terminal and this guy is sharp and he has to talk these TM's down all the time on some stupid thing that they said. I told you about our little safety lady's drunken rant a time back. TM's do as they are told more often than you think, because they have no ideas. Look at the next level past your TM and ask yourself if you like what you see.

More pagers ripped from the"Generalization of Interpetations" rule book!!! Screw calling the Richmonds safety office Apo, call UPS Atlanta. Calling Richmond is like talking to someone with mental issues working at a trucking relay station on the plains of the Dakotas. You could always get a note from your doctor stating due to the additional pressure, it is not advisable that you continue in that role. Hell, I have all the forms.....need a note? Same "O", same "O"!!!!

You are not kidding!!!! Now that TM'S have the power too hire and fire they do just that around here. I know a few who cannot think beyond the bridge of thier nose. and some hard , reliable workers are being fired for stupidity, and I do have a few examples, that I will not utter here.

If you wanted too push such a thing, I would'nt, Wait for the IBT, that is the best thing to do at this point.

Just forgive and forget.Best advice @ this point if you plan on keeping your job.

Apo, what exactly was the issue, was it the fact "everybody" wears them in your terminal ?, because if it is, you only have too wear them when you are not doing job specific in the yard. Straight from the conferance call , I was on it.

And mind you. The TM can only strengthen the policy, not abolish it.
and that was from logon , directly.

And logon did say you could quit the saftey program at anytime with no recoarse , your TM ( and I hope he is reading this) is being a sphinkter!!!!!!!!

Apo, I was on the conference call too. Did Richmond change the rules without notifying the safety committees? What a surprise!!! I swear this company has A.D.D., changing direction and with no regard to the welfare and safety of it's people. Maybe they are waiting to see if someone else gets killed to reconcider that the new policies are the only way.

Apo, I was on the conference call too. Did Richmond change the rules without notifying the safety committees? What a surprise!!! I swear this company has A.D.D., changing direction and with no regard to the welfare and safety of it's people. Maybe they are waiting to see if someone else gets killed to reconcider that the new policies are the only way.

The main trouble I see is no uniformity. One terminal will follow safety program and one down the road won't.

It's got to be across the country or it will never work. But looking at UPS and the way they are. I don't see this happening much longer.

It has nothing to do with union or nonunion. It has everything to do with UPS taking control and running it like they want to. It will take time.

If they would of started this company from scratch they probably wouldn't be having these problems. But when you buy another carrier it take time,time, time to get it the way you want it.

Union has nothing to do with that. UPS will make this company what they want with or without the union.

Well heres the issue I ran into.
We've just got our vest two weeks ago now.
I thought I heard Bill A. the super trucker from the HRS.Hub say on the call that we are to ware our vests when we are doing anything in our yards.
Hooking,and unhooking our units,fueling,or changing the placards on the Haz mat. inbound trailers,or route trailers.
When we park our personal vehicles and walk to the terminal building in the cross walks we don't need to ware them.
Well my co-workers saw linehaul drivers coming to our yard with sets from other terminals that didn't ware vest to do anything.
So they asked my TM why they had to ware them but other drivers coming from others terminals didn't?

My TM decided we would all ware them,as long as we were on the company property.
Well he had his daily morning safety talk,and said this is how its going to be at our terminal,he said other TM's would do what they wanted with their drivers,and we aren't going to worry about it.

Well then my co-workers felt like they were being treated unfairly by my TM's ruling so they asked me about what the conference call said.

Now here I am not knowing what my TM decided?
So I went to him,and he got angry,saying I didn't know what I was talking about,and I didn't hear on the call what I was telling him I thought safety wanted.

So I felt a tad bit frustrated by that chain of events,and said I wanted out of the program.
He was pretty ticked off at me at that point,and said bye,bye.

I didn't say another word ,and went out on my route.

Since then I just say good morning,and as little as I can get away with.
Do my job,clock out and go home.

Now this is just how I thought the safety training program worked.
UPS invested a weeks of training in me,paying me for meals,hotel,traveling expenses,and wages.
So I thought I was locked into putting up with being a trainer,untill I leave,on my own,or getting fired?

I know when I leave either way, my TM will have a hard time getting someone elses to do it.

But for now I'm just going to do my job,and be a yes sir,no sir,kind of guy.
So far so good,its a peaceful way to live.

Well heres the issue I ran into.
We've just got our vest two weeks ago now.
I thought I heard Bill A. the super trucker from the HRS.Hub say on the call that we are to ware our vests when we are doing anything in our yards.
Hooking,and unhooking our units,fueling,or changing the placards on the Haz mat. inbound trailers,or route trailers.
When we park our personal vehicles and walk to the terminal building in the cross walks we don't need to ware them.
Well my co-workers saw linehaul drivers coming to our yard with sets from other terminals that didn't ware vest to do anything.
So they asked my TM why they had to ware them but other drivers coming from others terminals didn't?

My TM decided we would all ware them,as long as we were on the company property.
Well he had his daily morning safety talk,and said this is how its going to be at our terminal,he said other TM's would do what they wanted with their drivers,and we aren't going to worry about it.

Well then my co-workers felt like they were being treated unfairly by my TM's ruling so they asked me about what the conference call said.

Now here I am not knowing what my TM decided?
So I went to him,and he got angry,saying I didn't know what I was talking about,and I didn't hear on the call what I was telling him I thought safety wanted.

So I felt a tad bit frustrated by that chain of events,and said I wanted out of the program.
He was pretty ticked off at me at that point,and said bye,bye.

I didn't say another word ,and went out on my route.

Since then I just say good morning,and as little as I can get away with.
Do my job,clock out and go home.

Now this is just how I thought the safety training program worked.
UPS invested a weeks of training in me,paying me for meals,hotel,traveling expenses,and wages.
So I thought I was locked into putting up with being a trainer,untill I leave,on my own,or getting fired?

I know when I leave either way, my TM will have a hard time getting someone elses to do it.

But for now I'm just going to do my job,and be a yes sir,no sir,kind of guy.
So far so good,its a peaceful way to live.

What you have just explained Apo. is exactly what I had said in my last post.

Your TM can modify the program not abolish it.

They did say that in the conferance call, and I see that happening in your terminal.

Bill said that a vest must be worn for anything that is not job specific.

Ex: Frozen brakes on a trailer, you hook too your trailer, your brakes are frozen, you go and get the mechanic, the mechanic must wear a vest, if you are assisting him you must now have a vest because it is now not job specific anymore, a cone must be placed in front of your trailer (tractor)and the one too the left and right of the trailer being worked on.

That is what was said, if your TM decides anybody in the yard must wear a vest regaurdless, then he modified the rule without abolishment. He can do this.

Now it is the TM'S responibility as well as dispatch too communicate these rules too outside drivers and venders.

Ok Accelerator my TM was right for telling me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Thanks for clearing this point up for me.

I guess I'm just going to keep doing what I have in just doing my best at work,say as little as possible,clock out at the end of my shift,and enjoy my time off.

To the good life without creating any problems for myself.

My co-workers will do well to do the same,instead of complaning about how they think their getting picked on.
Thanks again Accelerator,after all my years as a trucker you'd think by now I would of learned to keep my eyes,and ears opened,and my mouth shut?

Ok Accelerator my TM was right for telling me I didn't know what I was talking about.

Thanks for clearing this point up for me.

I guess I'm just going to keep doing what I have in just doing my best at work,say as little as possible,clock out at the end of my shift,and enjoy my time off.

To the good life without creating any problems for myself.

My co-workers will do well to do the same,instead of complaning about how they think their getting picked on.
Thanks again Accelerator,after all my years as a trucker you'd think by now I would of learned to keep my eyes,and ears opened,and my mouth shut?

I am not bringing you down APO, and your mngr. should have recited this to you again and had you call logon too clarify.

Apperently he suffer's from issues, and ignorance is bliss..

The main trouble I see is no uniformity. One terminal will follow safety program and one down the road won't.

It's got to be across the country or it will never work. But looking at UPS and the way they are. I don't see this happening much longer.

It has nothing to do with union or nonunion. It has everything to do with UPS taking control and running it like they want to. It will take time.

If they would of started this company from scratch they probably wouldn't be having these problems. But when you buy another carrier it take time,time, time to get it the way you want it.

Union has nothing to do with that. UPS will make this company what they want with or without the union.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! You are dead on with your statements. No consistancy what so ever.

Yup I did finally call Logan to confirm that the TM's can do what they want as long as we are all going to be safe.

My TM had our cross walks painted on our yards pavement over the weekend.
When I came through our gate this morning it looked really sharp.
We have arrows directing us to make a right turn only one way around our terminal.
We have crosswalks in the front where we park our personal vehicles,then going to the office,and drivers room doors.

We had a Special Service truckload driver come to our terminal to fuel up at our pump.
He was waring a vest,it was the color orange,with green tape.

This shows me that everyone must know what the story is on obeying these new yard rules at all of our terminals by now.

A lot of us at my terminal are waring our vests from our personal vehicles,till we go to our first stop.

They aren't that bad to just keep on no matter what we are doing on the company property.

Looking at waring them all the time,I say my TM was right in modifying this rule.

I got myself in a jam,when I was left out of the loop,and not told about the change of plan by my TM.
Then I listened to one of my whinny cry baby co-workers.
So between those two events,I got myself in a jam,for opening my mouth.

Well this is a lesson learned,from now on the less I say the better off I'll be.

When ever I learn something the hard way,its something I'll always remember.

So as far as these yard rules we are all used to doing them at my terminal,and everyone should be safe enough to make it to retirement in one piece.
Thats a good thing in my opinion.

Got the Depends sopping up an oil leak under my tractor!!! No sense calling Clean Harbors for a gallon a day!!!! :biglaugh:

Is there any way that you could put a bucket under the truck after you park it. This way you could reuse the oil. Please do your part and help the company save money.:hysterical:

Is there any way that you could put a bucket under the truck after you park it. This way you could reuse the oil. Please do your part and help the company save money.:hysterical:

Well I will have you know, that if you throw the oil back at the tractor, it will keep it from rusting!!!!!

Longevity is the key!!!!!:funky: :funky: