ABF | Arcbest for sale?

Good question. Amazon Shipping is targeting home deliveries. The very same parcels that UPS just increased pricing on due to the 'lavish' contract recently signed.
UPS has increased rates and accessorial charges (home deliveries) to create revenue needed to pay for the additional pay, holidays etc....
Some parcel shippers have budgets in the $50 MILLION plus range. Given Amazon's extensive infrastructure and fleet size UPS is a prime target (no pun intended) Just think of a mega shipper saving 10 or 15% on their home parcel deliveries. Deliveries where Amazon already has trucks every day.
Of course FedEx is a target as well but with increased costs due to the huge win, UPS is a more plum target for Amazon.
Plus Bezos has friends in the White House and going after a union company will not be an issue for this mega donor to democrats.
My question was what is the teamsters union doing to avoid this potential catastrophe?
They failed to address this as LTL carriers failed by the hundreds...... We all know how that played out.....
How ever U.P.S and Fed Ex are steps above amazon on the deliveries. They at least try to take care of your package and set it out of the rain if they can. Amazon on many occasions looks like they just flung it out of the truck and will definitely leave a box sitting in the rain even though you have a covered porch. I much prefer Fed Ex or U.P.S , or Even U.S.P.S over amazon.

IBT is busy working on another tomb stone, this one says "Puff Driver" the first one got rid of 30,000 (says you) so this one ought to be easy
Did you make that up? or did you see that on Bubble Guppies this morning?

Rule 1 - when you cannot sustain a debate, go full childish....

How ever U.P.S and Fed Ex are steps above amazon on the deliveries. They at least try to take care of your package and set it out of the rain if they can. Amazon on many occasions looks like they just flung it out of the truck and will definitely leave a box sitting in the rain even though you have a covered porch. I much prefer Fed Ex or U.P.S , or Even U.S.P.S over amazon.
As do I but currently Amazon handles more packages than UPS does. My guess is they will chase the most lucrative business UPS has.
It will be interesting to watch.
My only point is what is the teamsters union strategy to confront this new competition? Did the teamsters learn anything from the disaster in the LTL Business where that handled nearly 100% of that industry?
If the answer is no, then we will see UPS die by degrees as teamster LTL carriers did...

As do I but currently Amazon handles more packages than UPS does. My guess is they will chase the most lucrative business UPS has.
My only point is what is the teamsters union strategy to confront this new competition? Did the teamsters learn anything from the disaster in the LTL Business where that handled nearly 100% of that industry?
If the answer is no, then we will see UPS die by degrees as teamster LTL carriers did...
Serious question for you.....what do you think the union should do?

Powder Puff, your point is, you're obsessed with the teamsters.
Go back and look, it's rare when your posts do not have something negative about the teamsters.
You need a hobby, did you ever consider knitting or pickleball?
How about joining a bowling league or bridge club, I think you would be a natural at bridge.
I'm much older than you and have seen people like yourself overcome by these obsessions.
I'm concerned about you boy, look into a hobby, Crochet may suit you better.

Go back and look, it's rare when your posts do not have something negative about the teamsters.
How about joining a bowling league or bridge club, I think you would be a natural at bridge.
I'm much older than you and have seen people like yourself overcome by these obsessions.
Add him to your ignore list.

I have..... I get tired listening to the anti Union bs.... If I were to spew union in the non union threads I would be told.

My solution is ignore.

You would be surprised how many are on it.

Serious question for you.....what do you think the union should do?
I would sit with the UPS folks and come up with a plan to insure UPS long term success to compete with Amazon Shipping. Plus continue the growth of UPS.
I am not a parcel person, but I do know doing nothing is far worse and will cause a repeat of what we saw in the LTL business
UPS is the teamsters largest employer, I suspect there are some brilliant minds there that understand exactly how to compete with Amazon.
Sure beats sitting waiting for the walls to cave in then blame management as the union does in every carrier failure.

I actually have several hobbies. I travel extensively and we have several places.
Thank you for your concern anyway
Sad that you have to resort to name calling.. Childish of you, I did not expect that from you.
Guess when you cannot debate on merits you go full fourth grader.....
Sad......

I actually have several hobbies. I travel extensively and we have several places.
Sad that you have to resort to name calling.. Childish of you, I did not expect that from you.
Sad......
I have never referred to you anything except (Powder Puff) and now that offends you?
What more would you expect from a teamster?
Your number one merit is badmouthing the teamsters.

Sad......
Very mature counter-response on your part!!!
Childish? fourth grader? LOL!!!!
Not to mention your reference to the poster in post #163.

Last edited:
I would sit with the UPS folks and come up with a plan to insure UPS long term success to compete with Amazon Shipping. Plus continue the growth of UPS.
I am not a parcel person, but I do know doing nothing is far worse and will cause a repeat of what we saw in the LTL business
UPS is the teamsters largest employer, I suspect there are some brilliant minds there that understand exactly how to compete with Amazon.
Sure beats sitting waiting for the walls to cave in then blame management as the union does in every carrier failure.
The plan is to unionize all of Amazons workforce then everytime u go on vacation you will be forced to see teamsters all around you you won’t be able to escape it..

Thank you for the reply....I'm not surprised there is no substance or ideas in the reply...