FedEx Freight | Are we better off since the buyout?

hammerhead

TB Lurker
Credits
I personally think we are alot worse off since the buyout,Freight is down 41%,Drivers are starving,All they can say is hang in there,Well that dosent put food on the table.

a year ago or whenever it was they said it was a good thing for us and that by putting fedex on the trucks we would have freight coming out our ears. it doesn't seem that way.

I will post my opinion in a few but I have to ask why would you add a dont care to this poll. It is going to add to hard feelings or tension that already exist. If someone doesn't care then they either do not work for FXNL and if they do then they should just quit. Just my opinion.

Everyone should care about this. We have a couple guys in our barn who don't care if we have any freight or they shut the doors on the place and if you don't care don't come, because there is many who do and would really appreciate the work. This has to turn around soon, hopefully.

I think a person would be hard pressed to find anyone at our barn who thinks we are better off since we were fed some steak and given the ole purple promise. There is a constant sense of uncertainty hanging in the air like a big dark thunder cloud waiting to drench us all. People, drivers, mechanics, dock workers and office people alike would just like some sign (other than a purple promise) that it is all going to work out. So far we haven't seen any.

I keep telling myself that freight is down throughout the industry as a whole, but patience is wearing thin. We've been hearing too long that 'this will work - give it time - we should be excited by the opportunities'. How about that 'purple promise' shouldn't it go both ways? It does seem as though we've lost more than we've gotten.

When this while thing first started I was all for it. I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. I remember a month after this all happened every person from Chip to Baker was saying that FXF would be handling all of the 2-3 days frt and FNL would handle th 4-6 day frt. :toxic: Then back in December after we handed off our next day frt I asked the same people when would FXF be handing off their 4-5 day frt and the answer suddenly changed to oh no thats not going to happen. Were going to compete collectively. Right. So they push our service standards back a day to 99% on time however when it comes down to it most customers will use whoever's cheaper. Also while working in our city operation I've sent drivers into customers for a pickup only to go in their and hear that FXF picked up everything already because they said they would go their also. What the hell is that? Doesn't sound like collectively competing to me. Just about all the freight being away excluding the Canadian frt, NYC and Washington, DC was being delivered by cartage companies anyway so were still pulling it, just not delivering. When I see FXF starting to share some of their national accounts then I'll start believing it but I know thats not going to happen. In my opinion they'll just keep sucking up our accounts 1 by 1 till their's no revenue coming out of some of these smaller terminals and then start consolidating some of them. Watkins has a lot of substations around the country. That'll be the next frt we start giving away. Either way I'm going to stick it out but right now this just plain sucks.

Hey WML/FNL Employee - As you said, I'll stay for now as well. I am beginning to wonder if the object is to make as many old WML people leave as possible. That would, I believe, be a bad mistake. If they made us glad to be a part of it FXN, with the resources available, would be the best freight co. in the business. As for those Barney suits they will only slow me down. I'll have to stop each time before hitting a gate - no way will I wear them into a T/S.:chairshot: :nutkick: :hysterical:

Forum like this is for all opinions, with that said here goes mine. I have been quiet as has most of the older guys that I know that are on here. I personally think that freight is slow. We are slower than most granted but.... We were only bought out 6mos ago. I can't imagine the undertaking that is going on to completely revamp everything that has been done for the last 70+ years that WML was around. And I bet alot will still be going on a year from now. I dont know about anyone else but I was always taught to save for a rainy day and it has been storming but I am surviving. I dunno where you can go and start out and make what we are making now and if there were others mucher wiser than me would have already done it I guess. FedEx is a money making company and they have seen something in us to help them and us make more. Now if you believe some of the things said on the other threads about raises, single runs, assigned trucks (for LH) and weekends off then suck it up. Later on all of our familys will be thankful for it...

:soapbox: Sorry for the rant and if someone disagrees, like I said its an open forum for all opinions and this one is mine. I hope all can hold out and we can talk about this years from now....:rockon:

FedEx purchased WML for one reason only-To Secure The Canada Lanes! Don't be fooled by all of the seperate entity business talk. In the near future,I am certain, there will be just FedEx Freight and FedEx Canada! There are just to many duplicate terminals to compliment each other. I would bet that Frt will close at least half of Ntl's terminals and consolidate them into the larger Frt system. It's much more efficient and cost effective. I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but I have an inside source and you can see this slowly materializing. I wish everbody well. I'm still trying to figure out for myself what the "purple promise" is! And what is this People,Service,Profits thing? It should be more like Profits,Service,People! At this point my opinion of FedEx is one of absolute disgrace and utter embarassment. I have not seen ONE positive thing come of this acquisition. Whover runs this company should be ashamed and embarassed to show their FACE anywhere at a Ntl barn.

Gee ya think? Might have something to do with it being a thread in the FEDEX NATIONAL forums.

I'm not being sarcastic but you guys go to every post and every form and give your opinions. I just stated it seemed to be you guys were awfully quiet on this one.

I've changed my mind; I'm not even going to comment. Run this poll in November, if freight's still down, then you should be worried!

I'm not being sarcastic but you guys go to every post and every form and give your opinions. I just stated it seemed to be you guys were awfully quiet on this one.
Umm Gator, his handle is HillbillyFrog for a reason, ABF, :chairshot::hysterical::hide::smilie_132:

FM

FedEx purchased WML for one reason only-To Secure The Canada Lanes! Don't be fooled by all of the seperate entity business talk. In the near future,I am certain, there will be just FedEx Freight and FedEx Canada! There are just to many duplicate terminals to compliment each other. I would bet that Frt will close at least half of Ntl's terminals and consolidate them into the larger Frt system. It's much more efficient and cost effective. I dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but I have an inside source and you can see this slowly materializing. I wish everbody well. I'm still trying to figure out for myself what the "purple promise" is! And what is this People,Service,Profits thing? It should be more like Profits,Service,People! At this point my opinion of FedEx is one of absolute disgrace and utter embarassment. I have not seen ONE positive thing come of this acquisition. Whover runs this company should be ashamed and embarassed to show their FACE anywhere at a Ntl barn.

I think you're dead wrong, if that were the case there is nothing I repeat nothing from closing the doors at National tomorrow, we are slow at Freight also so it would be the perfect time to just send you packing.

Come on, think, yes it's slow, yes it hurts, we have guys sitting too as do most carriers, heck your on a message board that has just about every carrier imaginable here, do you read the other forums?

I hope you guys don't say these kind of things to your customers, would really make me want to ship with FX, attitude means alot.

FM

Here is a search I just did on the boards, look again and tell me again it's just you.

http://www.google.com/custom?domain...S:http://www.truckingboards.com;FORID:1&hl=en

If the link isn't working right it's about a million miles long just go to the google search bar at the top of the page and enter slow, laid off

There were 3 pages of posts and that was after it had omitted 80 similar post on this subject covering most co's .

At Freight they don't call it a lay off, you just don't work.

FM