FedEx Freight | Are we better off since the buyout?

Thanks for the reply JJ,

I don't know if things would've been much different for you guys buyout or not, I still disagree with Cornbinder about whats' in store for you guys but I guess if they can't get things to start picking up for National then they would have to eventually do something, what the time line would be before they threw in the towel who knows, I'm sure it won't be tomorrow.

Is it just your center that is off 40% or system wide, did your TM say?

I'm sure you did and still do have pride in your co, I am not trying to be mean when I say you have to do what you have to do, I am very serious, only you can say when enough is enough and do what you have to to take care of your family, no co is going to pay you to do nothing, not AF, not Watkins and not FedEx. The analyst say there should be an upturn by the middle of the year who knows.

I do wish you the best, and I still take pride in my work, but if it comes down to the line I'm going to do what I have to to take care of mine, whether that's here or somewhere else, unfortunately we are just associates, just a number on a balance sheet, loyalty to employees is gone and my loyalty lies with my family. But as long as I'm here I will give 100%.

FM

Welcome to the boards TruckinGal.

FM as always your points are well taken. Other TM's are saying that freight is off by 30 to 45% but I can only verify whats happening at our place. I think the frustration for all of us at FXNL is just getting to boiling point I do continue to have some hope that when they get the new line haul lanes figured out and turn the sales force loose that we will fire the engines and take off if that does'nt do the trick that I think we would have given it our best to hang in there.

But, you are very right you have to look after yours and what is yours and make the best possible decisions you can, because most companies only look at the bottom line in stockholder driven companies and the family atmosphere and being a name is gone.

But in the end no matter what everyone will endure either here at FXNL or elsewhere its just in our nature to keep on trucking.

I think things would smooth out if FedEx Rps would show up at our barns instead of going through old Watkins people in Lakeland. From my experience with Watkins they are the most tight lipped people I know.So if they do know something they are like dinosaurs to let you know.If they even would let you know. I do know from a Lakeland rep (AKA JOHN JONES) they are sending trying to smooth things out that he said FXN is loosing money.But Ive yet to see any Mgmt. with there head on a block.

I was checking over some market reports from last year and found something VERRRY INTERESTING. It seems freight seemed to start dropping off throughout the whole industry almost to the day the buyout rumors became reality. Does this mean the world's economy revolved around the buying power of Watkins drivers. You almost wonder!:Duel: :tongue0015: :hissyfit:

Who do we work for?

Our HR person had a meeting with us the other day and informed us that everything they do has to go to Freight to be approved. If we are a separate operating part of Fed Ex why should Freight have anything to do with us. Bottom line is we work for Freight, but it will take time for them to absorb us into their system and them there will be one big happy family. FedEx Freight/Natl. Chip Watkins leaving was just the begining of more changes to come. Just hang on and see the good changes to come is what we've been told. I'm hanging on, but the changes so far have been for the bad not good. At our terminal freight is down over 60 percent since the buyout. That's a whole lot. But, the purple promise will come thru for us one of these days:biglaugh:

Our HR person had a meeting with us the other day and informed us that everything they do has to go to Freight to be approved. If we are a separate operating part of Fed Ex why should Freight have anything to do with us. Bottom line is we work for Freight, but it will take time for them to absorb us into their system and them there will be one big happy family. FedEx Freight/Natl. Chip Watkins leaving was just the begining of more changes to come. Just hang on and see the good changes to come is what we've been told. I'm hanging on, but the changes so far have been for the bad not good. At our terminal freight is down over 60 percent since the buyout. That's a whole lot. But, the purple promise will come thru for us one of these days:biglaugh:

fxn is a division of fxf

Well men & women it's past time for me to say good riddence to Fedhopeless LTL, been in the business since 1985 and this is just a disgrace that they mgm think they can treat me so disrespectfully as to keep me uninformed as to the companys plans....just hang in there till you starve,etc. I will start my new job tomorrow with a good union ltl company and I know what to expect as I have done it before. Fedex freight is taking all or most of our freight away and it's time to see the writing on the wall...they want our freight but not us. They want to start fedexhopeless from the ground up slowly and with thier hand-picked chosen people. May GOD bless all of you and your families with new good jobs with other companys....best regards, Oreocrow

Thanks Flyrod and may God bless you and your family! P.S. day 2 of new job and it feels refreshing to feel so tired again and appreciated. Looks like the ltl maket will BE flooded w/good experienced drivers when everyone gets tired of hanging in there................................regards,Oreocrow

Now that's funny I don't care who you are! Oreocrow feels like I did when I quit Watkins to work for FedEx Freight 2 years ago. It all depends on your point of view. :biglaugh:

Thanks Flyrod and may God bless you and your family! P.S. day 2 of new job and it feels refreshing to feel so tired again and appreciated. Looks like the ltl maket will BE flooded w/good experienced drivers when everyone gets tired of hanging in there................................regards,Oreocrow

Congrats on the new job, hope it works out for you, who did you go with??

FM

1st week of new job, so long Fedex Natl.!

Congrats on the new job, hope it works out for you, who did you go with??

FM

:Hey Familyman I went w/Yellow loving it and did locally 45 hrs. total for 4 days work and 13 hrs. is overtime...off this weekend. Found out today the company paid compensation package is another $30,000 per year, etc. So I am real happy with this my first week and feel better about the future,etc. Thanks and GOD bless you and yours............Oreocrow3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

What's funny is you quit watkins to work fedex. You must thrive on oppression,etc. Let's all pray GOD heals your dementia:a condition of deteriorated mentality.................Oreocrow:tribe:

I work in the shop at fxn and the cost to rebrand equipment should say enough about our future. There is roughly four thousand trucks @ $496. Eleven thousand trailers still taking bids but so far between $750 and $1300 figure it up all that on top of the purchase price. They are investing alot in us. So far we have only gave them eight months. And as business ethics follows its not always the changes to a company that make it grow. Its how the company accepts them. I for one look forward to a long career at fed ex national ltl and am glad to work as a part of the fed ex brand.

I work in the shop at fxn and the cost to rebrand equipment should say enough about our future. There is roughly four thousand trucks @ $496. Eleven thousand trailers still taking bids but so far between $750 and $1300 figure it up all that on top of the purchase price. They are investing alot in us. So far we have only gave them eight months. And as business ethics follows its not always the changes to a company that make it grow. Its how the company accepts them. I for one look forward to a long career at fed ex national ltl and am glad to work as a part of the fed ex brand.And i have not seen any Fed Ex canada decals either. lol!!

I work in the shop at fxn and the cost to rebrand equipment should say enough about our future. There is roughly four thousand trucks @ $496. Eleven thousand trailers still taking bids but so far between $750 and $1300 figure it up all that on top of the purchase price. They are investing alot in us. So far we have only gave them eight months. And as business ethics follows its not always the changes to a company that make it grow. Its how the company accepts them. I for one look forward to a long career at fed ex national ltl and am glad to work as a part of the fed ex brand.