FedEx Freight | Are we better off since the buyout?

Everyone is staring to get really testy about this and I hope that it does'nt start to cause a lot of hard feelings between FXF and FXNL as we all or under the same Corp. Umbrella. It is tough for alot of families at FXNL right now and there is no support or info coming from Fed Ex if there is light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone needs to remember that there is a human element to all this Corp. buyouts and profit making. When people start losing the ability to care for there families due to no fault of their own they usually don't take it to well. As for freight being slow yes it has been slow but all the freight companies in this area have starting picking back up and we have not but we have lost 40% of our freight since the buyout, some to FXFE and some due to pricing and some due to customers not wanting to use Fed Ex. But hopefully Fed Ex will flip the switch soon before they lose some good people at FXNL as patience is starting to wear thin

OH GOOD GOD! Would everyone take a look at how all this reads. So we have to pay a bit for our insurance - so we might not know if we'll work tomorrow - so what if our new owners treat us like redheaded step-children - so frackin' what if we have to eat a box of Tums every day because we're so stressed out from all the rumors and uncertainty - so what if we might wish we had never heard of Fedex. Look at poor FamilyMan he has a picture of a RED Fedex truck on his posts - my God he probably drives an old AF piece of crap truck that hasn't even been painted white. Everyone needs to do like I do. When I get home I grab the first kid I can and give them a good kick in the keister. Then I feel better because someome's day is as bad as mine. MAN-UP!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

OH GOOD GOD! Would everyone take a look at how all this reads. So we have to pay a bit for our insurance - so we might not know if we'll work tomorrow - so what if our new owners treat us like redheaded step-children - so frackin' what if we have to eat a box of Tums every day because we're so stressed out from all the rumors and uncertainty - so what if we might wish we had never heard of Fedex. Look at poor FamilyMan he has a picture of a RED Fedex truck on his posts - my God he probably drives an old AF piece of crap truck that hasn't even been painted white. Everyone needs to do like I do. When I get home I grab the first kid I can and give them a good kick in the keister. Then I feel better because someome's day is as bad as mine. MAN-UP!:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

LOL you brought some laughter to this thread, thanks!

Everyone is staring to get really testy about this and I hope that it does'nt start to cause a lot of hard feelings between FXF and FXNL as we all or under the same Corp. Umbrella. It is tough for alot of families at FXNL right now and there is no support or info coming from Fed Ex if there is light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone needs to remember that there is a human element to all this Corp. buyouts and profit making. When people start losing the ability to care for there families due to no fault of their own they usually don't take it to well. As for freight being slow yes it has been slow but all the freight companies in this area have starting picking back up and we have not but we have lost 40% of our freight since the buyout, some to FXFE and some due to pricing and some due to customers not wanting to use Fed Ex. But hopefully Fed Ex will flip the switch soon before they lose some good people at FXNL as patience is starting to wear thin

Well put my friend.

OH GOOD GOD! Would everyone take a look at how all this reads. So we have to pay a bit for our insurance - so we might not know if we'll work tomorrow - so what if our new owners treat us like redheaded step-children - so frackin' what if we have to eat a box of Tums every day because we're so stressed out from all the rumors and uncertainty - so what if we might wish we had never heard of Fedex. Look at poor FamilyMan he has a picture of a RED Fedex truck on his posts - my God he probably drives an old AF piece of crap truck that hasn't even been painted white. Everyone needs to do like I do. When I get home I grab the first kid I can and give them a good kick in the keister. Then I feel better because someome's day is as bad as mine. MAN-UP!

What ever gets you through the day, :smilie_132:

We pay for our insurance also, and when we were AF we didn't, ya know what, life goes on.

Actually that was one of the city units I had, and my customers never heard me cry about it, I kinda liked it. When I thought I might need more hours did I cry and blame others? No, I went and found a supplemental job to get me through, you do what you need to do, get a 2nd job, get a different job, sit back and wait it out. No one is forcing you to do anything, it's your choice, sit down and cry or do something about it.

Quit playing the blame game and go do something about it other than whine, geez. What do you need someone to hold your hand? Red headed step-child pleeze. If you're that stressed then take matters into your own hand and MAN-UP! LOL
That is what your customer sees and probably hears, oh woah is me, that mean ole FX.:hide::biglaugh:

FM

JJ, did FX give you the 40% number or did you find it elsewhere?

What area are you in? Which co's are picking up, have you seen this your self or just been told by someone?

Thanks
FM

What ever gets you through the day, :smilie_132:

We pay for our insurance also, and when we were AF we didn't, ya know what, life goes on.

Actually that was one of the city units I had, and my customers never heard me cry about it, I kinda liked it. When I thought I might need more hours did I cry and blame others? No, I went and found a supplemental job to get me through, you do what you need to do, get a 2nd job, get a different job, sit back and wait it out. No one is forcing you to do anything, it's your choice, sit down and cry or do something about it.

Quit playing the blame game and go do something about it other than whine, geez. What do you need someone to hold your hand? Red headed step-child pleeze. If you're that stressed then take matters into your own hand and MAN-UP! LOL
That is what your customer sees and probably hears, oh woah is me, that mean ole FX.:hide::biglaugh:

FM
You got that right! I guess in all the confusion everyone forgets we've been paying for part of our ins. for over two years now. And, when we did we got increased benefits. As for 2nd income 'you gotta do what you gotta do' except we're supposed to be looking for ways to use up our excess cash. Actually I have a thing I'm working on that hopefully will become an exit strategy. We'll just have to see.
Gotta work on my customer skills tho'. That's why I'm a LH driver - give me my load and let me go. Take 'er easy - Red.:hysterical:

JJ, did FX give you the 40% number or did you find it elsewhere?

What area are you in? Which co's are picking up, have you seen this your self or just been told by someone?

Thanks
FM

It came from TM and you would have to blind to not see that our freight has dropped by half. Other companies - R&L, Milan, USF Holland. Roadway calling back drivers. I am in the southeast. Why is it so difficult for people from Fed Ex to see that we have suffered from this byout and all we want is someone to show us that there is light at the end of the perverbial tunnel. All we get is give it time and if you can't make it or don't like it you just have to do what you have to do. As for me I think the barn I work out of is great and we have and had just as much pride in our company as you do yours. We realize its the nature of the beast, but all we want is a little hope not excuses and empty promises.

It came from TM and you would have to blind to not see that our freight has dropped by half. Other companies - R&L, Milan, USF Holland. Roadway calling back drivers. I am in the southeast. Why is it so difficult for people from Fed Ex to see that we have suffered from this byout and all we want is someone to show us that there is light at the end of the perverbial tunnel. All we get is give it time and if you can't make it or don't like it you just have to do what you have to do. As for me I think the barn I work out of is great and we have and had just as much pride in our company as you do yours. We realize its the nature of the beast, but all we want is a little hope not excuses and empty promises.

I agree with you 100% on this. If someone would just share some things with us and reassure us that things are heading in the right direction then people here would feel much better. As of now I think attitudes and morals are suffering and people are becoming discouraged. I feel like we are on a ship in stormy seas and now our captain has jumped ship and things are just out of control.

Oh Canada!!!!!

:hide: Allright guy's here's my 2-cent's,when we were AF info on anything was some what easy to get,but since purple bought us everyone's a$$ hole is puckerd crazy glued tight.Now that being said i personally think for what that mean's, fedex will consolidate freight with national keep what work's for them and dispose of the rest.The main objective for Watkin's was too aquire Canada.:beerchug:

:hide: Allright guy's here's my 2-cent's,when we were AF info on anything was some what easy to get,but since purple bought us everyone's a$$ hole is puckerd crazy glued tight.Now that being said i personally think for what that mean's, fedex will consolidate freight with national keep what work's for them and dispose of the rest.The main objective for Watkin's was too aquire Canada.:beerchug:

Thats the spirit!

Hope this helps

Hey Zoots if you want reassurance and I don't know what your tolerance for change is, but look at these other companies.
Overnite was in serious financial trouble and they were picked up by UPS.
USF was going down the tubes and was picked up by YRC.
Dugan went under and their drivers became Bestway.
Reddaway's drivers were nervous about becoming Bestway drivers and look, Reddaway won.
American Freight drivers were perfectly happy being American Freight drivers just like Watkins drivers were, but things change. That's just the way it is and you have to be prepared.
Look at the Viking drivers now called FedEx Freight West, the drivers that hung on when Central Freight separated are sure glad they did.
All I'm trying to say is that I know how you feel because I have been though it and others have too. You need to be able to roll with the punches, keep your driving record clean, save for the slow times, and when one thing falls apart be ready for something new.
Look at the Unionized guys in 1980 there were 900 companies contributing to the Teamster pension fund now there are only 15, those guys are nervous too! We're all in it, protect yourself.
I hope this helps, there's nothing worse then feeling trapped with no place to go.
One last thing, maybe the future holds a FedEx UPS alliance to do battle with DHL, who knows, you are envolved with more than trucking company now.

Worse Now - Better Later?

The war banner is Hang in There. Question is, how long can we hang? Not one positive thing has happened since the acquisition, and the dangling carrot is becoming more distant. Merging Fedex National and Fedex Freight into Systems sounds great, but there are too many inconsistencies between the companies, so how can we both function on one platform? We'll have 2 operating companies to deal with instead of one. The customer will have one rep, but that rep just may be too saturated with administrative and opeational heartache to be any good to the customer. Oh yeah, we're purple... the bruises start out purple then they turn black and blue, or maybe orange and brown.

Ay, but have faith in the future. Someone better explain what that future is pretty darn quick because this trailer is running downhill fast. It's time for clarity instead of vagueness.

Hey Zoots if you want reassurance and I don't know what your tolerance for change is, but look at these other companies.
Overnite was in serious financial trouble and they were picked up by UPS.
USF was going down the tubes and was picked up by YRC.
Dugan went under and their drivers became Bestway.
Reddaway's drivers were nervous about becoming Bestway drivers and look, Reddaway won.
American Freight drivers were perfectly happy being American Freight drivers just like Watkins drivers were, but things change. That's just the way it is and you have to be prepared.
Look at the Viking drivers now called FedEx Freight West, the drivers that hung on when Central Freight separated are sure glad they did.
All I'm trying to say is that I know how you feel because I have been though it and others have too. You need to be able to roll with the punches, keep your driving record clean, save for the slow times, and when one thing falls apart be ready for something new.
Look at the Unionized guys in 1980 there were 900 companies contributing to the Teamster pension fund now there are only 15, those guys are nervous too! We're all in it, protect yourself.
I hope this helps, there's nothing worse then feeling trapped with no place to go.
One last thing, maybe the future holds a FedEx UPS alliance to do battle with DHL, who knows, you are envolved with more than trucking company now.

I have no problems with change but we at FXN need to be informed of whats going on. We see nothing good happening and the only thing we can get is "hang in there" or "its going to get better" when we ask questions everyone says "I don't know" which creates a sense of insecureness on our part. When people become insecure and it affects their home life well it just adds alot of tension. They know something so all we are asking for is to give us some of that information.

Welcome to the forums TruckinGal I'm glad to see another FXN employee.

Thanks for the reply JJ,

I don't know if things would've been much different for you guys buyout or not, I still disagree with Cornbinder about whats' in store for you guys but I guess if they can't get things to start picking up for National then they would have to eventually do something, what the time line would be before they threw in the towel who knows, I'm sure it won't be tomorrow.

Is it just your center that is off 40% or system wide, did your TM say?

I'm sure you did and still do have pride in your co, I am not trying to be mean when I say you have to do what you have to do, I am very serious, only you can say when enough is enough and do what you have to to take care of your family, no co is going to pay you to do nothing, not AF, not Watkins and not FedEx. The analyst say there should be an upturn by the middle of the year who knows.

I do wish you the best, and I still take pride in my work, but if it comes down to the line I'm going to do what I have to to take care of mine, whether that's here or somewhere else, unfortunately we are just associates, just a number on a balance sheet, loyalty to employees is gone and my loyalty lies with my family. But as long as I'm here I will give 100%.

FM

To Zoots

I'm with you Zoots. No problem with change here. You hit the nail on the head with no answers to our legit quesitons. Truth is, there is not a clear plan that is being communicated to the team/employees, and all we experience on a daily basis is customer dissatisfaction and confusion, and our own internal confusion which does take a toll even on the toughest of us. I still have hope, but I'm getting tired.

It will get better, I'm sure.

Well FM is right we're numbers all we can do is our jobs. Just keep in mind mngmt will always try to do more FOR less. Once you do a little extra for them they know you always will. I'm not talking about going all out for the customer. I'm talking about things you should be paid for. All I can do for now is do my job and watch for change - good or bad. But I can hold out a while I'll be independantly wealthy once my numbers come up on the power ball.:mfight: :Duel: :mofoismad0cn: