FedEx Freight | Are we merging or not?

That's true. I have no way of knowing right now. It seems that FedEx is setting the precedent that every time they make a new company acquisition our driver seniority will take a back seat to the newly acquired companies employee seniority. The only way around that is to pile up the years. I guess longevity has it's benefits. I do know that if I am bumped from my #3 bid spot to the bottom, I will be looking for another job regardless. It took me almost four years to climb to that spot and the thought of having to put in another four years just to get back to the same bid spot is to say the least a little disconcerting. Like I said, I wish everyone luck and hope that everyone is able to land on their feet.

Its not like they just bought us out, we have been a FEDEX co for 4 years and this is a merger not a buy out.

Does anyone have the numbers for transfer? I mean like who is able to transfer to cmh or day? Is only dayton national able to transfer to dayton or is ccn able to tranfer to dayton or cmh? I have not heard any numbers. CM told us will let you know at another date

Point taken Chigger. In my opinion, this merger most negatively affects people who have been with FedEx Freight with four years (4) or less of seniority. Unfortunately for me, I am in that group. Again, best of luck to everyone.

was with frieght left for national and maybe now im back to freight so i guess its like the circle of life. Your born with nothing and you die with nothing and do the best you can in between. Good luck everyone

Does anyone have the numbers for transfer? I mean like who is able to transfer to cmh or day? Is only dayton national able to transfer to dayton or is ccn able to tranfer to dayton or cmh? I have not heard any numbers. CM told us will let you know at another date

Lets hope your TM doesn't wait too long.

The window for deciding transfers or other options is between 9/20 & 10/4.

After that date all is written in stone.

Rat

So does this mean that after January 30, 2011 no driver with higher Watkins/National seniority can take my position? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is to say that any Watkins/National road driver has until January 30, 2011 to make up their mind?

No...As understand it Oct 4 is the cut off date. Any decisions about one's future or lack thereof must be made on or prior to this date.

YMMV

Rat

I am thinking my 9 years road driver time at cmh will not help me much, those ccn national drivers we running linehaul there while i was in high school.

this just sucks. The sad part is we all know fedex can not bwe trusted to do the right thing by its employees. I hope job loss is at a minimum and lets hope pt employees get the ax before any full time.

btw why doesn't fedex give us all the details rather than just half of the story? why spoon feed us over the next couple of weeks?

was with frieght left for national and maybe now im back to freight so i guess its like the circle of life. Your born with nothing and you die with nothing and do the best you can in between. Good luck everyone

I was with freight,got layed off after 10 years went to national and starved,went back to freight lost my 10 years road time and now this .They need to go by co time:cuss::cuss:

one last thing before i log off. National and Freight employees need not bicker at each other we are all in the same boat. We didn't ask for this we just have to deal with it so lets not rag on each other. We are in this together

I agree with JJ. We (drivers and other workers) shouldn't be arguing amongst ourselves. None of us had anything to do with what is happening now.

I was with freight,got layed off after 10 years went to national and starved,went back to freight lost my 10 years road time and now this .They need to go by co time:cuss::cuss:
Lot of that happened, I did the same thing and am still starving. Can't get any worse than it is for me so I'm not all that worried about it.

Keep your chin up

I know this is stressful for all of us and while this merge is going on remember, dont make nasty coments about the company and dont screw up. They are just looking to find ways to sweep out the Bull#*!@. Go in do your job and smile like nothing is going on. Dont spread or start rumors. Remember fedexfrt rules are a little different than national.

I think the ones that are really disappointed are those that got on T/B and expressed how great a guy Fred -X was .:butt kiss: He got his and is looken for more and you and yours don't matter.If he could figure a way to can all you guys ,he would .:stirthepot:

It feels this way...

It sure seems like no one gives a damn about us , what we need or care about , F-us and our family's as long as the Smith's live happy ever after high on the hill. Honestly I'm getting tired of all that we have been through and once again more uncertainty. My Dad always taught me to be loyal and work hard for your employer , as I have done to the point of no return , where does it get you now.
I'm getting very tired of trucking , this is what I wanted to do and have done it all my life , 33 years , 14 to go sad to say.

We were told these numbers will be released on Monday. They will have meetings with us on Tuesday to discuss them.