FedEx Freight | Are we merging or not?

Ok I just got off the phone with Fred and said we are merging both opcos and the unused facilities are going to be leased to YRC They are considering putting all fedex drivers from all opcos on the same seniority list to make it easier for everyone. Thats all he had time to tell me because he was leaving to take the yacht out for the afternoon

Ok I just got off the phone with Fred and said we are merging both opcos and the unused facilities are going to be leased to YRC They are considering putting all fedex drivers from all opcos on the same seniority list to make it easier for everyone. Thats all he had time to tell me because he was leaving to take the yacht out for the afternoon

Bout time the seniority was made right

I'm a driver for a company that pulls freight for both divisions - Freight and National. I don't really have a horse in this race, but in my humble opinion,FedEx Freight is the better managed division. I never understood why FedEx didn't just merge Watson into FedEx Freight to begin with.I hate you guys are going through this.I've met a lot of you drivers in terminals all over the USA. Most of you seem like a big happy family and some of you guys have helped me out in tight spots-places where a 28 footer barely goes and dispatch says put that 53 footer there!LOL (thanks!).I wish you all a happy conclusion to this situation.

This may affect line haul more than anyone.Our t/m just told us we bought 400 new rail trailers to cut down on line haul,and outside carriers.

If we do merge I can't wait for all of the FXF wrenches to get a chance to start pulling their hair out working on the IH truactors that spend more time at the dealer then on the road!

If we do merge I can't wait for all of the FXF wrenches to get a chance to start pulling their hair out working on the IH truactors that spend more time at the dealer then on the road!
We service national tractors already at my fxfreight hub shop, and have been for a while.

I'm surprised they haven't taken some of those low mileage city units away from city and swap them out with high mileage road units yet.

I think we ARE merging and have BEEN merging for a while. Any body out west should recognize the signs... aligning systems and policies, for example. If you will notice, neither company has its own President anymore. There is one President over both op. co's. Incrementalism my friends...incrementalism. I believe they have already merged us on paper, as far as profit/loss is concerned. Let's see... redundant operations in same locations...any wonder why we "lost" so much money last year? Yeah, I'd say we are already in the process... we are that proverbial frog in the pot of water...and the heat is being turned up. Cool thing is, for once, if I'm wrong... who cares...everything remains the same... well...until it changes :biggrin:

The slow merge is the FedEx Way...as they did with the AF purchase.."You will always be American Freightways! The signs will just say a FedEx company"- yeah, right. I am sure that there are some deep dark accounting, tax, and legal stipulations that make these phased in changes more advantageous to the overall corporate structure, and Fred's wallet.