XPO | Arrogance

wonderring99

TB Veteran
Credits
Did it seem when you were watching the video that Con-ways arrogance has gotten the best of them and do you still think it will be a problem in the upper levels after the so-called consolidation?

I can't vote with those options and oddly enough, I also can't seem to come up with one that I can find suitable. This is not to say this is a bad poll or anything, but there are retained/promoted individuals whose track records indicate other then what they are promoting. I want to take the wait and see tack.

What the future holds is all about what they do and not what they say.

I can't vote with those options and oddly enough, I also can't seem to come up with one that I can find suitable. This is not to say this is a bad poll or anything, but there are retained/promoted individuals whose track records indicate other then what they are promoting. I want to take the wait and see tack.

What the future holds is all about what they do and not what they say.

I respect what you say. I had a hard enough time figuring out 4 choices and wording it correctly.

My feelings is that the arrogance goes so deep that they would sink the good ship con-way before they would ever admit to any wrong doing operationally. Its in there nature to be this way. The only way for this to change is with the removal of some key players and recruit in some players from the teams that our doing the best. Just because they started con-way with Jerry D doesn't make them gods or perfect. I support Johnny boys goals and what he wants to do by making us the best. As long as it doesn't hurt the most important asset, US!

even the customers say we are arrogant and difficult to work with until the current dictator is out and the "boys" go with him it will be the same

I agree Dave M lost alot of big accounts a couple years ago wth his arrogant attitude I do not think they look at the big picture. It should be customer and employees first not what a magazine or wallstreet says.

Very true. We lost some real good accounts and fed us bulls**t that we were losing money on them. Anyways please keep voting and give me your opinions.

Very true. We lost some real good accounts and fed us bulls**t that we were losing money on them. Anyways please keep voting and give me your opinions.
We have a lot of small add on in our pricing. A little bit here and little there adds up. Let say you got a re-weight, the weight is a little more then on the bill. So we hit them with a charge for the extra weight, Then we hit them for a fee of $17.95 for the paper work which only takes a minute or two. Then if it is haz-mat we get a sur charge for that, OK. Now it get to the reship and someone re-classes it, More cost. Did I forget the fuel sur charge? Now during some time in the process of handling this freight 2 to 3 times we damage it. From what I understand getting money back for damaged shipments out of this place is like pulling teeth. Did I miss anything?

We offer some good service's too our costumers and we try to do our best by them. Most will agree that they are our bread and butter. Someone once said to me that every costumer is to be treated as our only costumer. This being said, One of our competitors has a saying or part of there mission statement, Take care of our people and they in turn will take care of the costumer. Bottom line, There is no room for arrogance any more. I hope Johnny L has the balls to change this attitude which has infected out once great company.

We have a lot of small add on in our pricing. A little bit here and little there adds up. Let say you got a re-weight, the weight is a little more then on the bill. So we hit them with a charge for the extra weight, Then we hit them for a fee of $17.95 for the paper work which only takes a minute or two. Then if it is haz-mat we get a sur charge for that, OK. Now it get to the reship and someone re-classes it, More cost. Did I forget the fuel sur charge? Now during some time in the process of handling this freight 2 to 3 times we damage it. From what I understand getting money back for damaged shipments out of this place is like pulling teeth. Did I miss anything?

We offer some good service's too our costumers and we try to do our best by them. Most will agree that they are our bread and butter. Someone once said to me that every costumer is to be treated as our only costumer. This being said, One of our competitors has a saying or part of there mission statement, Take care of our people and they in turn will take care of the costumer. Bottom line, There is no room for arrogance any more. I hope Johnny L has the balls to change this attitude which has infected out once great company.

well put is all i can say we need to take care of the customer i see it all the time with the jacked up freight :notworthy:

Dont Think So!

We have a lot of small add on in our pricing. A little bit here and little there adds up. I hope Johnny L has the balls to change this attitude which has infected out once great company.

A SMALL ADD ON WELL DM TOLD US AT A REGION FUNCTION IT WAS AS MUCH AS 40% AND HE WAS PROUD
:nutkick: :butt kiss: :funky: AS MUCH AS I HATE TO SAY IT JL WILL NOT HAVE THE GONADS HE IS MILLERS BOY AND YOU KNOW IT HE BROUGHT HIM UP AND HE IS A YES MAN FROM WAY BACK!! SINCERELY,
ROOSTER NUTS

It amazes me that con-way went from being the best company I ever worked for...to the worst company I will probably work for...yes, I have been here a long time. This company became successful by being employee-oriented. Now we all see what happens when they are not employee-oriented! They micro-manage, take from the employees, and they have been greedy and arrogant for a number of years! OK enough on that...go back to the "day-one" plan.

It amazes me that con-way went from being the best company I ever worked for...to the worst company I will probably work for...yes, I have been here a long time. This company became successful by being employee-oriented. Now we all see what happens when they are not employee-oriented! They micro-manage, take from the employees, and they have been greedy and arrogant for a number of years! OK enough on that...go back to the "day-one" plan.
They would say we our to big, BULL STUFF!!!!!

How true

And then when their done taking from us, they make it sound like the downfalls of the company are from us not working hard enough. They tell us if we work harder we can compete against FedEx and UPS. Im tired of getting blamed for their stupid ways of running a company. Im tired of getting crapped on, it sure doesnt make me want to work hard.

And then when their done taking from us, they make it sound like the downfalls of the company are from us not working hard enough. They tell us if we work harder we can compete against FedEx and UPS. Im tired of getting blamed for their stupid ways of running a company. Im tired of getting crapped on, it sure doesnt make me want to work hard.

Sickandtired,

Just wait, it gets worse.

One day you may become sick and tired of being sick and tired.

My attitude sucks too.