TForce | At-Will employess

I would be willing to bet, without looking at the stats, that if a persong does their job, they are not going to be let go. In my opinion, this just means that the people are held accountable. The slackers are weeded out. I have NEVER heard of someone being let go just because the manager has a bad day. There usually is justification.

That has to be one of the biggest garbage statement's I have ever heard.

First of all, did we all sighn Waivers that said, when we were hired, that we will produce perfection 24-7.

Did we also sighn a waiver that stated we cannot have bad day's.

Did we also sighn waiver that states we will go out of our way to be liked by the boss, with no trace of possible personality conflict's. Love one Love all.

Did we all sighn waiver stating that we can do anything within the scope of limitless productive behavior even if it means to be militious in nature as long as we get the job done.

Did we all sighn on knowing we will deliver for the customer regaurdless as to wether we hurt someone else or ourselves .

Did we all sighn waivers stating we will drive junk , because the company is irresponsible in getting things fixed.

Please, I was on the berge of being fired at one time because dispatch could not tell me the definition of inside delivery, now to my understanding , an inside delivery, is off the back of the truck and through the first threshold of the dwelling company.

Dispatch was trying too tell me, and inside delivery does not start until we are through the first threshold of any company, if the customer wants it somewhere else in the building that is considered an inside delivery,when in actuality inside delivery, is off the back of the truck, through the first threshold. And that is it.

I was also told it was our responsibility to get it too the dwelling's recieving area of said company or residence. Regaurdless if you have too walk 10 miles to get it there.

According too "O"'s terms and conditions to deliveries this was not simply true.

We as a company deliver off the back of the truck, it is the customers problem if they cannot get whatever off the back of the truck, in which case "O" will provide additional services with request of payment too insure these services are rendered and the freight is delivered. If such situations arise.

I had too look for this in the "O" operations manual wich is thicker then the world atlas, and the bible combined ,and found a list of said services as well as a updated yearly cost book, with the explination of these services. Because MGNT. had several different explinations for this service.

When I brought this too the terminal MGR. 's attention, he labled me as a trouble maker and wanted too fire me, for doing what "O" expects of me as a worker ,unfortunatly ,for him ,his rant too fire me backfired. Most of these additional services is desighned not only for customer assistance, but liability, essentially telling the customer this is what we are going to do and nothing else and you will pay for it.

The definitions to the services are disighned to be foolproof, so any idiot can understand them, and considering some of our MGR'S it is a good thing "O" did this. So because of his irresponsibility I am the mark, I am a very hard worker, as told by several other TM'S, and staff alike, and I have the #'s too prove it.

They should have called this " Regulation's for dummies".

Now I am doing what the company expected of me, and he wanted too fire me for it. I guess because I have the unique ability too read, I should be labeled a trouble maker.

We are not at work for a bueaty contest, I am not on piece work, and I was not hired for a personality contest. and I should not be judged as such. I just want too do my job, what I am supposed to do and go home. and know what is expected of me.

In my opinion, we have a responsibility to do a job for a said company, what is expected of us should be the end result of no argument at all, and should be made clear to all ( job duties and expectations of workers alike).

In respect to that statement ,I feel it is the employers responsibility to allow a person to rebut any argument that does not fit the scope of the rules and reg's of said company( modifications of rules without the consent of the company). without recourse of anykind.

This is a job, not personal, it's business as most call it. On the same note I feel it is the companies responsibility to treat workers fairly as well ,considering economies are based on employing workers. And should be liable when not following the rules, at no cost of the employee.

Most people wether CEO or ground floor worker will try too work around resposibility of any such rules for thier own need's, not rite but happens, it's human nature.

And should live up too it, this is the reason for union's and I am behind them in the good fight in principal, not practice.

Come on now Accelerator,how long have you been an LTL driver?

We that have been in this business for even a very short time,know fulwell,any time you don't agree with any autothirty figures,we have a bad attitude,and are trouble makers,with targets on our backs.

Thats the life of a LTL city driver if you like it or not,everything rolls down hill,and we are always at the bottom.

Come on now Accelerator,how long have you been an LTL driver?

We that have been in this business for even a very short time,know fulwell,any time you don't agree with any autothirty figures,we have a bad attitude,and are trouble makers,with targets on our backs.

Thats the life of a LTL city driver if you like it or not,everything rolls down hill,and we are always at the bottom.

This is precisley my point. which inturn proposes the union. If there were not so many beligerent managers running around, and they had a set of rules to live by when approaching worker relations, there would be recoarse and society would not have labels such as "going postal".

Well I'll tell you this,I've run up on a few TM's that wanted to show me the door because they couldn't stand my honesty.

I just kept doing my best work,and remain with the company to day.

Even without being represented by any labor union,companies still have to have a very good reason to terminate you.
I've been around I know there are laws in place that protect us non-union types if we are tossed out on our ears with no good reason.

In fact I've posted this some time in the past about one of my co-workers at Overnite.

He was promoting the union,but he also left himself wide open to get the axe because he was a mess up as well.

He pulled one to many mistakes,and Overnite felt they had just cause to terminate him.
I don't think one year passed when this guys lawyer got him a nice piece of change from Overnite,for wrongful termination.
He could of also returned to work even with the tiddy settelment he received but he took a pass on it.

I saw him later driving for a truck load company,and he regreted then not excepting his city job back at Overnite.
He told me he got a new roof on his house,a swimming pool,and brand new Harley dresser on Overnite,and still had some money left.

So there you go,if you think your put out without a very good reason,find a lawyer that would love to get one thrid of your law sute when you reach a settelment between yourself,and the company.

Well I'll tell you this,I've run up on a few TM's that wanted to show me the door because they couldn't stand my honesty.

I just kept doing my best work,and remain with the company to day.

Even without being represented by any labor union,companies still have to have a very good reason to terminate you.
I've been around I know there are laws in place that protect us non-union types if we are tossed out on our ears with no good reason.

In fact I've posted this some time in the past about one of my co-workers at Overnite.

He was promoting the union,but he also left himself wide open to get the axe because he was a mess up as well.

He pulled one to many mistakes,and Overnite felt they had just cause to terminate him.
I don't think one year passed when this guys lawyer got him a nice piece of change from Overnite,for wrongful termination.
He could of also returned to work even with the tiddy settelment he received but he took a pass on it.

I saw him later driving for a truck load company,and he regreted then not excepting his city job back at Overnite.
He told me he got a new roof on his house,a swimming pool,and brand new Harley dresser on Overnite,and still had some money left.

So there you go,if you think your put out without a very good reason,find a lawyer that would love to get one thrid of your law sute when you reach a settelment between yourself,and the company.

A companies ignorence should not cost me a dime, nor should I have to hire an attorney over it, there is no reason why this cannot be settled within.

But UPSF still does not need a legitimate reason for firing someone. Laws do not require them to have one..