SAIA | Atlanta Linehaul

Songremainsthesame

TB Legend
Credits
I’m interviewing for a linehaul spot out of Ellenwood, just curious if anyone on here runs out of there. I made a mistake leaving OD, I love my current gig but it just doesn’t pay enough. Are the uniforms required? Is it possible to get on the road Sunday afternoons running the system? As a system driver do they do a good job of keeping you busy or do you get sent back home and have to babysit the phone? Any insights y’all have would be great.

As far as uniforms , just the shirt. Hats,shoes,and such are whatever. Never seen any of it enforced. If you let central know you want to run , then they will keep you busy. Hurting for drivers ,you could show up in your froot o the looms and get hired. Remember we have driver facing cameras.

I’m interviewing for a linehaul spot out of Ellenwood, just curious if anyone on here runs out of there. I made a mistake leaving OD, I love my current gig but it just doesn’t pay enough. Are the uniforms required? Is it possible to get on the road Sunday afternoons running the system? As a system driver do they do a good job of keeping you busy or do you get sent back home and have to babysit the phone? Any insights y’all have would be great.
Uniform shirts are only required for linehaul. You can wear jeans but the city can’t. They do pay for them but you must wash them. When you’re running the system my friend anything is possible especially in Atlanta. Could be a simple turn or a lay down. You need to pack accordingly. Dude, if you get the job in Atlanta you will beg for time off and you damn sure won’t have to babysit your phone.

I saw your last year's favorite list, and Train was not mentioned.
Never was! I simply refused to kiss the dispatchers ass. Besides that too many other guy’s keep their lips permanently affixed to the dispatchers ass leaving me no chance to even snuggle up to it even if I wanted to.

I run out of the Houston Region, we're slow due too oilfield going down during Covid-19 pandemic. So most of the system drivers are running between Atlanta & Memphis & Dallas.... Atlanta and Memphis are way under staffed, Central Dispatch will work you like a borrowed mule if you let them...... You can pretty much leave anytime your reset is up if you want out of Atlanta.

So is the camera thing that out of control? I left Con-way before the age of the cameras, and only worked at one other carrier with cameras. Outward facing always active, inward facing could only be activated as a condition of employment due to unsafe driving behaviors and accidents, or due to traffic citation. They are on for 90 days and if you clean up your act they turn the inward back off. Also, there’s a no tobacco policy? And no Bluetooth phone conversations? I mean Walmart at least allows an hour a day on Bluetooth and they can track that only if they request your phone records.

So is the camera thing that out of control? I left Con-way before the age of the cameras, and only worked at one other carrier with cameras. Outward facing always active, inward facing could only be activated as a condition of employment due to unsafe driving behaviors and accidents, or due to traffic citation. They are on for 90 days and if you clean up your act they turn the inward back off. Also, there’s a no tobacco policy? And no Bluetooth phone conversations? I mean Walmart at least allows an hour a day on Bluetooth and they can track that only if they request your phone records.
I hated the camera’s but they are on 24/7 ... honestly they aren’t that bad but they did get me a few times. The company really doesn’t want to fire you so you will get plenty of warnings. Now being caught on a handheld phone is grounds for immediate termination but most things just get you a slap on the wrist. Smoking or dipping isn’t allowed but they will usually look the other way. If you share a truck with a non-smoker i wouldn’t advise it. The Bluetooth is total BS because they aren’t allowed to be used while driving but that one can be hard to prove since many drivers talk or sing to themselves. Despite everything it’s a great company with excellent benefits and you’d be a fool not to take it if offered. That do frown upon former union drivers and although it’s probably illegal to discriminate against them it is done. The good outweighs the bad IMO. Just remember there’s a microphone right above your head too so try to refrain from what you say. Another words be careful when you start cussing at the idiots that do some stupid stuff. They frown against you going ballistic. This is the fastest growing LTL company in America today so job security is pretty high. They will be on OD’s level very soon. Stock is soaring since COVID-19.

Last edited:
OlrF8dp.jpg

I had my interview today, they submitted my application for hire... I would prefer to run single lay downs, but I’ll run all week. Do the extraboard guys get assigned trucks? Doesn’t matter if they do or not, but it would be nice.