Yellow | Bankruptcy Update From IBT

Sob killed organized ltl freight good luck organizing transforce will be the next yellow buy buy buy companies then collapse good luck to those still paying dues honestly the other side isn't bad as long as you work and know whaut you're doing
I learned by watching the hardcore teamsters at our terminal. There is a reason they want union protection, because they know they are going to need it, based on their own work ethic.

If sob new ltl he only cared about ups if you start to negotiate in the media who wins not the workers I guess we are just collateral damage 30000 workers and multiple by 4 get the picture and good luck 🤞 organizing fed up or old Dominion or Estes never happen freight that built the house is gone good job

I learned by watching the hardcore teamsters at our terminal. There is a reason they want union protection, because they know they are going to need it, based on their own work ethic.
Some would call me "a hard core Teamster" and I have never had any problems with management about the way I perform my job.....I know what you are saying, but it simply isn't true....non union companies have slackers that keep their jobs...has more to do with inept management not doing theirs....

Some would call me "a hard core Teamster" and I have never had any problems with management about the way I perform my job.....I know what you are saying, but it simply isn't true....non union companies have slackers that keep their jobs...has more to do with inept management not doing theirs....
How many times I was told "you are going to make everyone look bad, slow down"
That is not a management issue that is the main reason people hate unions.

No that might be the reason you hate unions. Not everyone performs the same, so have different ways of getting somewhere or different techniques of doing the job where either age & experience all plays a factor….
Huge difference between performing at different levels and forcing others to work slow to protect poor workers who don't deserve a job.
Hence why the LTL industry was more than 95% union and today less than 8% unionized..

Huge difference between performing at different levels and forcing others to work slow to protect poor workers who don't deserve a job.
Hence why the LTL industry was more than 95% union and today less than 8% unionized..
Yeah people can’t think for themselves, especially union employees….That work for you?

How many times I was told "you are going to make everyone look bad, slow down"
That is not a management issue that is the main reason people hate unions.
Yeah people can’t think for themselves, especially union employees….That work for you?
I worked loads of jobs as P&D casual back in the 1970's and 80's when I was slow on my seniority job. I can truthfully say there were numerous times after I got my bills that someone on those jobs stopped me as I was walking out to my unit and asked where I was going and asked to see my bills and told me how long to take on that route. Come on guys, lets be honest, that went on all the time back in the day.

I worked loads of jobs as P&D casual back in the 1970's and 80's when I was slow on my seniority job. I can truthfully say there were numerous times after I got my bills that someone on those jobs stopped me as I was walking out to my unit and asked where I was going and asked to see my bills and told me how long to take on that route. Come on guys, lets be honest, that went on all the time back in the day.
Yup "back in the day" it did.....I have been a Teamster for 15 plus years and not once has this happened to me....

Back in the 70s, they wanted to know where you were going so that they could make sure there was hay and oats available for the gelding pulling your wagon.😊 Just kidding, Tri. The same thing has happened to me when I was running short line. They said "that's a six-hour run" I said, it takes less than five unless there's a traffic delay.

Yup "back in the day" it did.....I have been a Teamster for 15 plus years and not once has this happened to me....
When one of "the boys" magically appeared from between two trailers and asked where you were going and told you how long to take you pretty much did what they said or you wouldn't work there again. Ah, the good old days! :idunno:

We still have that today but the computer monitors everything we do & it doesn’t lie. This is what kills me when the retired guys come on here & bashes everything union but they have no clue about the technology the companies have to monitor us on a daily basis….Another thing I will add is the companies got more aggressive with the stealing of time by following the drivers around on a regular basis, a practice the ABF safety still does today….

Last edited:
We still have that today but the computer monitors everything we do & it doesn’t lie. This is what kills me when the retired guys come on here & bashes everything union but they have no clue about the technology the companies have to monitor us on a daily basis….Another thing I will add is the companies got more aggressive with the stealing of time by following the drivers around on a regular basis, a practice the ABF safety still does today….
I'm well aware of the technology, my last day worked was in July. :smile new:

I was followed one time by my former manager...down a dead end road....oops
:lmao: :burnsauce::lmao:

I'm well aware of the technology, my last day worked was in July. :smile new:
Me too. Fact is, I don't think, they ever followed me. If they did, they found out I was "gettin' 'er done". More than likely they couldn't keep up, so they moved on to something (and somebody) else. Never was confronted about what I was doing out there except for one dummy in the late 1990s He couldn't properly interpret the computer printouts and wasn't around very long after that.