FedEx Freight | Bargain vs Beg

Funny. I heard the exact opposite. Heard there is overwhelming support in Lou. Not saying you're wrong and I'm right, just think it's funny the different story you get depending on who you talk to
I'm friends with pro's and no's from Lou and both sides are saying the same thing, it's gonna be close either way...unless some drivers are lying just like they did in Clt...and yes, BOTH sides are saying that Clt drivers are calling and BEGGING!!!
I talked to several Lou drivers today, two are definitely yes and the rest no....although ALL assured the Clt drivers that they would vote yes! (-:

That depends on which fund you are talking about, there are several different funds!! You should probably do some home work first....

But wouldn't the Teamsters just love to have our money going into the Central States Fund? Not saying that FXF would agree to that, or that us Drivers would want that. But, hell, they'd be foolish not to at least try.

I would if I were them.

So... Those that work hard and do their job, have no problems with management, make good money doing what we do, and don't really want the teamsters representation automatically drink purple kool-aid. Very deep insight from yet another small minded union supporter that just can't understand why someone would be happy with their job. How nice of you to put it on your back and care so much about us to help us see the value of a untied front, that's just special. The problem is you people think FedEx is going to roll over and give us the world in negotiations, if you think that you my friend are drinking the union kool-aid. The CLT vote was quite amazing, they lost the support of 60 people in 2 weeks. But a win is a win for the union, won't celebrate too much guys, cause you know come next year when there is no contract, they will lose more support and be kicked out. What happened to the other nc terminals filing the day after the clt vote? They want to see CLT out on an island, just like Richmond got cold feet, Louisville I suspect will fall or pull, snw is gone, so what we got? Two tiny terminals in the north east and Charlotte. Thanks to you people, everything we have is frozen. Raises, health care, no bonuses all frozen. The only way it won't be is if and only if the teamsters allow FedEx to give us a raise or a bonus, but does anyone really believe that's going to happen? Oh and the health care, that seems to be a hot topic. In 2018 you will see everyone go to the affordable Care act, even the teamsters who's exemption is up that year. You people really think the Republicans are going to give special privileges to the unions, think again. You people better be good little teamsters and vote for democrats, that is the only way y'all have a chance of getting a hand out. Which that is what this all boils down to, y'all can't be happy with what you got, you see somebody with more and whine and cry it. You are the same people that wouldn't have a problem taking a hand out from the government. Bunch of freeloaders, never happy with what you got. Some of the road drivers make close to six figures a year, that a lot more than any red shirt you see. With the overtime and the options of running Saturday that a lot of city drivers have, we also have the opportunity to make a great living for our family. So, if you people wanted the union so bad it would have been better for you to go apply at yrc, Holland, abf, or even upsf. Now we not only have our sometimes incompetent management to deal with, we also have the ignorance of the teamsters to deal with also. I'm not asking y'all to go away mad, just go away. We're a better company without the IBT.

I have no problem with your views but id like to ask you to see the big picture here. Just because at your centers management staff is not using the "management discretion" clause to make up rules. you are able to work overtime, there are sweet 6 figure runs and all the other good jazz is happening at your center does not mean that the other centers seeking union representation are being ran like yours.

you have to see what is going on around you and be happy that you and your co-workers have not been effected by the heavy handed corporate changes that other centers are experiencing. I hope your center is never effected and shoot wish i worked there myself.

Just know that these changes have come to many centers and they are not looking to stop anytime soon.

On the talk of healthcare or retirement well no one can really say they are great and no matter how great it might be at your barn these things need to be addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Those that work hard and do their job, have no problems with management, make good money doing what we do, and don't really want the teamsters representation automatically drink purple kool-aid. Very deep insight from yet another small minded union supporter that just can't understand why someone would be happy with their job. How nice of you to put it on your back and care so much about us to help us see the value of a untied front, that's just special. The problem is you people think FedEx is going to roll over and give us the world in negotiations, if you think that you my friend are drinking the union kool-aid. The CLT vote was quite amazing, they lost the support of 60 people in 2 weeks. But a win is a win for the union, won't celebrate too much guys, cause you know come next year when there is no contract, they will lose more support and be kicked out. What happened to the other nc terminals filing the day after the clt vote? They want to see CLT out on an island, just like Richmond got cold feet, Louisville I suspect will fall or pull, snw is gone, so what we got? Two tiny terminals in the north east and Charlotte. Thanks to you people, everything we have is frozen. Raises, health care, no bonuses all frozen. The only way it won't be is if and only if the teamsters allow FedEx to give us a raise or a bonus, but does anyone really believe that's going to happen? Oh and the health care, that seems to be a hot topic. In 2018 you will see everyone go to the affordable Care act, even the teamsters who's exemption is up that year. You people really think the Republicans are going to give special privileges to the unions, think again. You people better be good little teamsters and vote for democrats, that is the only way y'all have a chance of getting a hand out. Which that is what this all boils down to, y'all can't be happy with what you got, you see somebody with more and whine and cry it. You are the same people that wouldn't have a problem taking a hand out from the government. Bunch of freeloaders, never happy with what you got. Some of the road drivers make close to six figures a year, that a lot more than any red shirt you see. With the overtime and the options of running Saturday that a lot of city drivers have, we also have the opportunity to make a great living for our family. So, if you people wanted the union so bad it would have been better for you to go apply at yrc, Holland, abf, or even upsf. Now we not only have our sometimes incompetent management to deal with, we also have the ignorance of the teamsters to deal with also. I'm not asking y'all to go away mad, just go away. We're a better company without the IBT.
Converting 60 drivers in two weeks, that says a lot about what can be accomplished when you present the drivers with facts!!! Unfortunately we were fighting against to many uneducated voters!

Also, like I've said before, almost EVERY driver that had previously worked for a union company voted NO!!! That doesn't say a lot about the union!!

But wouldn't the Teamsters just love to have our money going into the Central States Fund? Not saying that FXF would agree to that, or that us Drivers would want that. But, hell, they'd be foolish not to at least try.

I would if I were them.
They might, but then again it's not up to them.

None of your post bothers me. An IN for the union is an IN for American workers and is good for you, the trade, Charlotte, the state and the country.

Does my usermname bother you?
I didnt give it a mountain of thought when choosing it. But its fine with me.
Ivê worked at jobs that were far worse than Fedex. Some jobs never gave raises. A few took took and took àgain. I come from an area which was big on unions but before I got out of school they were going and gone. Good jobs. Jobs with workrules, great pay and bennies vacations healthcare and pensions. Only a man had to work and he still provided well. Imports and your mentaluty and areas took that. Most important thing you took was a say, and a degree of control that workers had. It makes no sense
Your willingness to allow business all say has given anything any good away from ojr economy. People had a voice and stability. But you give it up for the market and business to decide. And it has decided to make it harder for you to benefit and harder for peoole to retire and easier for business to leave and still have the nerve to ship it back here. They can do that be ause you give up your voice. When its all gone youll never get it back. Instead of you choosing to capitalize, you allow big business capitalize. You listen to their teachings but fail to see that they teach capitalism which benefits mostly them but not you. He who holds powdrmakes rules which benefit him. He also educates to benefit him. Thats how they taught the natives and they took it all. And thats what theyre doing to you and you're letting them. Corporations have no home. Home is who gives them most. Unions have Locals. We live here.

You could maybe take the username as noun or command. Your subsevancy is not required. You can equalize the power inbalance in a group.

But what you failed to realize is the FACT that some people voted yes with no intention of joining but rather to recieve the so called bennies for free! The anti's were actually fighting against two groups and almost pulled it off. It's quite possible that if a contract gets ratified, which I seriously doubt, you could have less than 50 "members" out of 223 drivers!

Just curious, your ID says "slavenomore", what exactly were you a slave to? I thought the slaves were freed years ago?

Converting 60 drivers in two weeks, that says a lot about what can be accomplished when you present the drivers with facts!!! Unfortunately we were fighting against to many uneducated voters!

Also, like I've said before, almost EVERY driver that had previously worked for a union company voted NO!!! That doesn't say a lot about the union!!

So you watched them vote!!! You don't have a clue how they voted!!! LOL

Just wanted to fill you in that Charlotte is not alone....we were asked to wait to file until a union rep from IBT can be at all the terminals that file to help combat all the lies fedex is telling. Fear and lies are the best thing fedex can do right now. But the Teamsters are now in our company and they ain't going anywhere so you might as well learn to love it

The problem with alot of workers today is the stockmarket get rich quick mentality. Alot of union members think they put $50/ month in and are sulposed to get a million in returns. No participation required. Our working world from retirement age to high school seems not to find it necessary to participate. They leave it up to the union officials or compsny to do everything and wipe their butts. Theyre supposed to go to union meetings and participats. Yet the halls are empty on meeting day. Then they complain when things dont go their way. Whemn the cats away the mice will play. They wonder why this happens or that or why they pjck all dems...they dont participage.
In the union, You are supposed to be the union....not just a dues paying shareholder.

So you watched them vote!!! You don't have a clue how they voted!!! LOL
NEVER claimed to know how they voted, where did you come up with that?
Pro guys SAID they had 170 signed cards, only 110 voted yes....it's simple math!

As far as the former union guys, I'm close friends outside of work with all but one, I know how THEY voted.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with alot of workers today is the stockmarket get rich quick mentality. Alot of union members think they put $50/ month in and are sulposed to get a million in returns. No participation required. Our working world from retirement age to high school seems not to find it necessary to participate. They leave it up to the union officials or compsny to do everything and wipe their butts. Theyre supposed to go to union meetings and participats. Yet the halls are empty on meeting day. Then they complain when things dont go their way. Whemn the cats away the mice will play. They wonder why this happens or that or why they pjck all dems...they dont participage.
In the union, You are supposed to be the union....not just a dues paying shareholder.
OR as a former member put it, he stood on the picket line in '78 for a year with S&W Motor Lines and NEVER got his job back....he ended up taking a job with non-union Fredrickson!
Bottom line is although the grass may be green, it's not always greener!

Sorry to have touched a sore note with the ID question, was just curious.

I find it hypocritical when the pro-union crowd says they don't want to "beg", yet Clt drivers are calling the Lou drivers BEGGING them to vote yes so that they won't be the only "big fish" in the pond! Are they starting to second guess they're decision? Are they worried about what will happen when FedEx drops their net into the pond when there's only one "big fish" to catch?

what begging is is non-union guys making false statements about getting threated voting no instead of yes. right now your begging throwing out this thread cause clt is just telling lou to vote yes. what about your brothers in arms telling people to vote no isn't that the same? if not please clarify.

OR as a former member put it, he stood on the picket line in '78 for a year with S&W Motor Lines and NEVER got his job back....he ended up taking a job with non-union Fredrickson!
Bottom line is although the grass may be green, it's not always greener!

Sorry to have touched a sore note with the ID question, was just curious.

omg bringing back the past this isn't the early years of the the teamsters. yes they may have been corrupt but now there are to many laws forbidding this. fedex is corrupt without any laws forbidding them. y'all make me me laugh this is now not then what happened back then cannot and will not happen now. but guess what fedex can still keep putting the shaft to you if you let them. vote no if you like the shaft vote yes if your ass hurts

NEVER claimed to know how they voted, where did you come up with that?
Pro guys SAID they had 170 signed cards, only 110 voted yes....it's simple math!

As far as the former union guys, I'm close friends outside of work with all but one, I know how THEY voted.

You will always lose some that signed cards, that's a given. And all the former union guy's they wouldn't lie to ya would they. So you don't really know how they voted. ie: been a teamster for over 30 yr's and have voted on many a contract and if all the guy's i heard say they voted it down NONE of them would have passed. Heck even in a small barn of 20 guy's still couldn't figure out FOR SURE who went the other way,we think we know but not sure because there is no way of knowing."nuff said good luck fella's

Do you think Fedex employees income and retirement packages are enough for a husband and wife when he retires if it's their only income ?

I really just can't understand the way you people think???????? IT"S NOT UP TO THE COMPANY TO PLAN YOUR RETIREMENT. The falls on YOUR shoulders. You have to PLAN for it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hear all this Brother and sister crap. 90% of them would throw a brother or sister under the bus if it would make them look better of benefit them.

converting that's the key.through 2-3 scare tactic meetings a week.management constantly handing out misinformation sheets,driver dispatchers with a power hand.it could be called brainwashing,beating down,Stockholm syndrome, got to give it to you nice turn around.Glad your good with the way our company treated all of the employees,like children.

No one said FedEx would "roll over". Sadly, it seems there are a lot of drivers willing to roll over, to avoid a battle. The higher the support for change, the more significant the gains. I believe the facts support the case for better conditions through, representation.

Wage Freeze? The fact that benefit cost would also be frozen, makes this a mute point. Also, the say bonuses would be lost. That would not happen as it is part of the current package. Meet the profit goal, receive the bonus.

Union exemption on healthcare? Yes there is uncertainty there, but it is equally possible that exemptions could be expanded by Republican control, since Republicans don't support the law at all. The exemption may or may not be extended. Even if the law was repealed, do you think FedEx would return to our previous plan? Not without a united push by the workforce. Keyword being "united"

The Great living, with overtime and Saturday work, in my opinion does not equal "great living". Working more, sacrifices free time, family time, etc... A better wage and ability to get by on 40 +/- hours would be better.

While I get it that things may be fine and dandy at your center/region, there are issues at others, as evidenced by this movement. Company "trends" do effect all of us (regardless of location), and should be noted. If these trends continue unchecked, the future at FXFE, is not very bright. If you ask to see the trends, and I'll gladly post them, again. Or just read this thread, if you haven't already. http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/fedex-freight/111071-before-vote-reading-remember.html

I find it hypocritical when the pro-union crowd says they don't want to "beg", yet Clt drivers are calling the Lou drivers BEGGING them to vote yes so that they won't be the only "big fish" in the pond! Are they starting to second guess they're decision? Are they worried about what will happen when FedEx drops their net into the pond when there's only one "big fish" to catch?

Falling to your knees and begging is not the same as "We're here for ya"... Get it right...