FedEx Freight | Bargain vs Beg

Converting 60 drivers in two weeks, that says a lot about what can be accomplished when you present the drivers with facts!!! Unfortunately we were fighting against to many uneducated voters!

Also, like I've said before, almost EVERY driver that had previously worked for a union company voted NO!!! That doesn't say a lot about the union!!

All it says is, constant round the clock CAPTIVE AUDIENCE meetings, can sway a number of people. People WANT to believe that the company is sincere, in their promises. Question is, can they really be trusted to be fair? For those centers that voted no, they may, or may not, get another chance, if/when, their hopes are NOT realized.

Slave, that's where you and I disagree about retirement.. Retirement is my responsibility... And you should have put two and two together in 2007 when UPS bought their way out of it.,.. All because of Hoffa wanting to cut it...

Take care of yourself, don't rely on others, that say they care about you do it for you... Because if Hoffas' Law would have made it, you would be seeing it a lot different.. I don't know what makes you want to lick the bottom of that ************'s shoes... Hoffa is disabling this union from growing by his tactics...

Financial genius is not a quality of mine. Nor is it one forr the majority who labor for pay.
Thats the huge benefit to society that union pensions and healthcare gave.
A huge number of laborers cannot and will not plan. It's not in us.And never will be. That's a fact you won't change.So the solution will be to destroy the accounts which were at times THE largest piles of money in the country. Attempt some BS system where the financial sector comes in like predators and makes tons off of the mass of uneducated ( they're already failing this idea) wh which makes them rich but will leave old people homeless. And lots of them...,...and eventually history will repeat with a mandated "pension" law. Just like Obamacare. The financial sector will be guarenteed a customer in every American worker.

I dont agree with everything the unions have supported and done. But have more faith in them than I do in Wall st and DC because I actually have a say little as it may seem.
I think the negative stuff is a major result of losing numbers, money, and power. Defense with back to wall.

Those who expect the working masses who are uneducated to plan past next paycheck, let alone retirement, expect too much and set alot of people and the nation up for failure at the financial sectors gain.
I once read a story saying the financial sector takes 35% of your retirement monies for their own profits.
Makes no sense.
But he holds money/power educates the country in ways to ensure he keeps it.

From what I am hearing Lou petition will be pulled also. Not enough support. At least the CLT guys that voted no don't have to pay any dues, hell the guys that voted yes don't have to pay dues either "right to work" state. Interesting isn't it.
Yep, those damn union dues... You rather pay triple that for your fantastic health coverage you now receive....you the man....

I can drive anything with wheels junior.i have over 18 years driving with this and one other company. You better not let your mama know you are up this late. You will get grounded. Lmao

I was driving a truck when you were poping pimples on your funny face junior. I still need proof u work here what terminal you work at?

OR as a former member put it, he stood on the picket line in '78 for a year with S&W Motor Lines and NEVER got his job back....he ended up taking a job with non-union Fredrickson!
Bottom line is although the grass may be green, it's not always greener!

Sorry to have touched a sore note with the ID question, was just curious.

Tell it truthfully, you ARE talking about someone that yes, 36 years ago, felt was let down, no doubt. He felt not only let down by the union, but by his fellow members as well... again, it was 36 YEARS ago, and a different union and a different era for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Converting 60 drivers in two weeks, that says a lot about what can be accomplished when you present the drivers with facts!!! Unfortunately we were fighting against to many uneducated voters!

Also, like I've said before, almost EVERY driver that had previously worked for a union company voted NO!!! That doesn't say a lot about the union!!

Your right about the uneducated part, 60 drivers converted and the election would have turned out with a completely different outcome. But when your source, or in that case 2 sources under one name speaks I would be careful cause you might get speared by their nose if you happen to be in front of THEM. 10-4.

Tell it truthfully, you ARE talking about someone that yes, 36 years ago, NOT a member of the Teamsters, but rather a different labor union alltogether felt was let down, no doubt. He felt not only let down by the union, but by his fellow members as well... again, it was 36 YEARS ago, and a different union and a different era for that matter.

I beg to differ with you. Leopards don't change there spots.

wow 18 years I guess my 30 can't match up I fold NOT

I've been driving since 1969, that's what I did In the military and still at it what does that have to do with this post??? Just messing with ha!! Have been at it way to long!!! Good luck and vote yes!! Take it from an old guy who has been very well compensated And owe it all to the teamsters union!!!!

converting that's the key.through 2-3 scare tactic meetings a week.management constantly handing out misinformation sheets,driver dispatchers with a power hand.it could be called brainwashing,beating down,Stockholm syndrome, got to give it to you nice turn around.Glad your good with the way our company treated all of the employees,like children.
If you act like a child you get treated like one.

Falling to your knees and begging is not the same as "We're here for ya"... Get it right...
I've never fell to my knees and begged for anything.
What the Clt drivers fail to realize is that although Lou is the "so called" hub for Ky, they're nothing more for us than a relay center for the. Clt-Stl lane. We run more through frt in that lane the Lou proper frt! Now that the dumb masses in Clt have voted yes and IF Lou goes yes, you don't think its possible for the company to move the frt to say Knx (a non-union center) on a shuttle and then Knx do the meet with Stl, bypassing Lou altogether?
And if you don't think the company can "move the frt" than these guys are more delusional than I originally thought!

All it says is, constant round the clock CAPTIVE AUDIENCE meetings, can sway a number of people. People WANT to believe that the company is sincere, in their promises. Question is, can they really be trusted to be fair? For those centers that voted no, they may, or may not, get another chance, if/when, their hopes are NOT realized.
I got paid to attend those meetings....if the union had offered to pay me I would've listened to their propaganda as well.

Tell it truthfully, you ARE talking about someone that yes, 36 years ago, felt was let down, no doubt. He felt not only let down by the union, but by his fellow members as well... again, it was 36 YEARS ago, and a different union and a different era for that matter.

You obviously didn't read my links in the "Know What You're Voting For" thread, it seems it's the same ole crap, just 40 years later!

Your right about the uneducated part, 60 drivers converted and the election would have turned out with a completely different outcome. But when your source, or in that case 2 sources under one name speaks I would be careful cause you might get speared by their nose if you happen to be in front of THEM. 10-4.
You do know there's more than two former union members employed at FedEx in Clt?