FedEx Freight | Bargain vs Beg

you don't think its possible for the company to move the frt to say Knx (a non-union center) on a shuttle and then Knx do the meet with Stl, bypassing Lou altogether?
And if you don't think the company can "move the frt" than these guys are more delusional than I originally thought!

that would be illegal

you know that already but as usual your only hear to spread the company scare tactics

33ojwph.jpg

that would be illegal

you know that already but as usual your only hear to spread the company scare tactics

33ojwph.jpg
If they can show it to be more profitable for the company, which won't be hard to do, and nothing to do with discrimination then yes they can. Companies, including FedEx, have changes to operations all the time. We're constantly adding and canceling runs and changing runs by lanes due to frt flow almost every time we bid. By law, and unlike public sector companies, it's the private companies' duty to maximize it's profits for their shareholders.
Look it up!

Does Corporate know you just turned some fence sitters to yes vote with that post?
Better call them and say you're sorry and you'll do better next time, you promise.
Has nothing to do with corporate, it's called LIFE! The problem is we have grown men and women that need to be coddled, they can't handle the cold, hard facts!

Nope, I can handle the truth, that's why I voted no. It's those that needed coddling that sought representation!
Does the company need coddling for hiring lawyers or unionbusting firms?
Or is it just thought to be in their best financial interest?
Do they need coddling by joining the ATA?
By lobbying for legislations to benefit the shareholders?
For funding politicians who may support them legislations?

Those guys and union do the same thing.
I geuss the new term for that is coddling?
Maybe punching in for work is coddling too?

Nope, I can handle the truth, that's why I voted no. It's those that needed codding that sought representation!

Lol suck it up the majority voted at your barn and you were in the minority meaning you are a teamster like It or not. You and your family are better off and your to dense to realize it.

If they can show it to be more profitable for the company, which won't be hard to do, and nothing to do with discrimination then yes they can. Companies, including FedEx, have changes to operations all the time. We're constantly adding and canceling runs and changing runs by lanes due to frt flow almost every time we bid. By law, and unlike public sector companies, it's the private companies' duty to maximize it's profits for their shareholders.
Look it up!

You just keep digging, and buring yourself even Deeper In crap!!! You are in over your head! It's not working office boy !!! VOTE YES!!!

Lol classic scare tactic. I forgot to ask you brother how does it feal being a teamster? Oh and the fed ex express pilots went union and they got a contract and are some of the highest paid in their industry.

I realize that many folks dont want to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but you may want to do a little research into the pilots, their union and the history of both. Once you have done that, these questions would be of importance....

1. How long between the time of organization until a contract was reached?
2. What was the pilots major beef that drove the organizing? Doesnt really look like pay/bennies were the main factor IMO.
3. How many pilots were there and how many were union members?
4. Did they vote to strike at any point? What happened?

That said, you may want to use the "one of the highest paid in the industry" term a little less loosely. From what I have seen they are middle ground in their industry. If I was to apply the same logic you are using, our drivers could also be considered to be among the highest paid in our industry.

I realize that many folks dont want to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but you may want to do a little research into the pilots, their union and the history of both. Once you have done that, these questions would be of importance....

1. How long between the time of organization until a contract was reached?
2. What was the pilots major beef that drove the organizing? Doesnt really look like pay/bennies were the main factor IMO.
3. How many pilots were there and how many were union members?
4. Did they vote to strike at any point? What happened?

That said, you may want to use the "one of the highest paid in the industry" term a little less loosely. From what I have seen they are middle ground in their industry. If I was to apply the same logic you are using, our drivers could also be considered to be among the highest paid in our industry.[/QUOTE

That was a pretty good spin I would give it about 5 out 10. As far as my barn and the other 2 in the state that filed with us the benefits package is the main reason we have a problem and want to organize. Nobody is in a mad rush and we understand we won't get a contract overnight. Atleast after we vote it in our health care cant get any worse in the coming years.

That was a pretty good spin I would give it about 5 out 10. As far as my barn and the other 2 in the state that filed with us the benefits package is the main reason we have a problem and want to organize. Nobody is in a mad rush and we understand we won't get a contract overnight. Atleast after we vote it in our health care cant get any worse in the coming years.[/QUOTE]

Wow.......5 out of 10, I suppose I should be happy with that if that would have been my true intention....I am just a good samaritan that was hoping to help the "Truth Monster" from experiencing any bad "false advertising" experiences regarding his chosen title. It appeared to me that your OP was making insinuations that a contract would be fairly easily attained because of the pilots and their history as well as the added insinuation regarding FedEx Pilots being at the top of their industry pay scale.

I didnt state one way or the other how you should feel about that info..........just pointed out that you should read it. It is apparent that many are suffering from "blind faith" on both sides of this issue. IMO, blind faith is a very dangerous situation that has led to many poor outcomes throughout history. The beauty of our technologically advanced society is that you have that information at hand and do not have to rely on anyone to "spin" it for you. As an American it is your legal right to utilize info to form your own opinions, as well as to share those opinions, whatever they may be............but it can also be perceived as irresponsible to broadcast opinions that are baseless in fact.

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority" - Benjamin Franklin

I would say that is something that both sides of the debate should never forget......

I guess you could call YRC bargain plus begging equals I still have a job. That is if your one of the lucky 50% who weren't laid off.

Speaking of Change of Ops, has anyone thought about what the forthcoming paperless HOS will do to freight flow? I would bet that the company already has a plan in place for an Ops Change due to the fact that "the electronic pencil" cannot be sharpened. Some of the longer runs out of my barn are barely legal now. When all things are correctly logged, I bet some of them are no longer legal and the company will need to add an intermediate stop or relay point. Just my opinion.

Could you post a link on this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just because I encourage and support everyone's right and duty to be informed doesnt mean that I volunteered to perform the due dilligence......:)

Dont make me the kid that does the homework for everyone else......GOOGLE is your friend.....

Here are a couple of the more interesting reads, kind of one from each side of the fence so to speak.........both created several questions for me that I had to use my own judgement to answer....

https://crewroom.alpa.org/fdx/DesktopModules/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=19085

Fedex Pilots Decide to End Strike Threat - NYTimes.com

I guess that's my point. I want what I want. How do I make sure my rep asks for what I want?

I REALLY don't know.

I have a State Rep that hasn't really pushed the platform he sold me and my state.
Because unlike you state rep you don't get to vote on whatever it is that he is doing except to try and vote him out of office. We get to vote on the contract that is placed before us and we can always vote no on it if it doesn't contain what we want. And I haven't seen or heard anyone say they want a MEPF, we want and will get a SEPF. But we need to get everyone on board because there is strength in numbers. The more we have the louder we will be. Is it going to be easy? No its not and I'm not trying to blow smoke, I feel this is something that we need to do.