FedEx Freight | Bargain vs Beg

The pilot's association is really a different animal altogether. Right or wrong, it is. There are fewer certified pilots than truck drivers.

That being said; we are no less valuable or no less of a liability toward safety....maybe more so. IMHO.

Apples to apples, please.

Because unlike you state rep you don't get to vote on whatever it is that he is doing except to try and vote him out of office. We get to vote on the contract that is placed before us and we can always vote no on it if it doesn't contain what we want. And I haven't seen or heard anyone say they want a MEPF, we want and will get a SEPF. But we need to get everyone on board because there is strength in numbers. The more we have the louder we will be. Is it going to be easy? No its not and I'm not trying to blow smoke, I feel this is something that we need to do.

Ducey, I wish we could sit down in private and beat each other over a beer...I hear glimpses of "I get it" from you. Really, I do.

Hopefully you recognize some of that from my soap box.

I have worked for this company longer than any other....I can't decide without adding a few gray hairs.

I think we ALL want a better FXF.......

What is it ???

Lol suck it up the majority voted at your barn and you were in the minority meaning you are a teamster like It or not. You and your family are better off and your to dense to realize it.
You're wrong again....I'm in a RTW state, I don't have to join ANYTHING, yet I get all the benefits for FREE....provided they get a cntract....which i seriously doubt they will.

That was a pretty good spin I would give it about 5 out 10. As far as my barn and the other 2 in the state that filed with us the benefits package is the main reason we have a problem and want to organize. Nobody is in a mad rush and we understand we won't get a contract overnight. Atleast after we vote it in our health care cant get any worse in the coming years.

Wow.......5 out of 10, I suppose I should be happy with that if that would have been my true intention....I am just a good samaritan that was hoping to help the "Truth Monster" from experiencing any bad "false advertising" experiences regarding his chosen title. It appeared to me that your OP was making insinuations that a contract would be fairly easily attained because of the pilots and their history as well as the added insinuation regarding FedEx Pilots being at the top of their industry pay scale.

I didnt state one way or the other how you should feel about that info..........just pointed out that you should read it. It is apparent that many are suffering from "blind faith" on both sides of this issue. IMO, blind faith is a very dangerous situation that has led to many poor outcomes throughout history. The beauty of our technologically advanced society is that you have that information at hand and do not have to rely on anyone to "spin" it for you. As an American it is your legal right to utilize info to form your own opinions, as well as to share those opinions, whatever they may be............but it can also be perceived as irresponsible to broadcast opinions that are baseless in fact.

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority" - Benjamin Franklin

I would say that is something that both sides of the debate should never forget......[/QUOTE]

http://news.van.fedex.com/fedex-exp...sistance-expedite-progress-pilot-negotiations To say Fed ex will not negotiate with us is far fetched even if they have to bring in a mediator we will get a contract. Back to your first response to say we are some of the highest payed drivers is a joke where im located we are not even in the top 5 of the ltl carriers. But again that is only a small part of why we are trying to organize the pension and healthcare are the largest.

Ducey, I wish we could sit down in private and beat each other over a beer...I hear glimpses of "I get it" from you. Really, I do.

Hopefully you recognize some of that from my soap box.

I have worked for this company longer than any other....I can't decide without adding a few gray hairs.

I think we ALL want a better FXF.......

What is it ???

Yes we both want a better work environment. This isn't the same company I came to work at years ago. There have been a lot of changes, some for not to bad, others just plain down right dirty and I get the feeling Harrison and Memphis both could care less, cause drivers are a dime a dozen. I have heard that so many times it makes me want to just show em what a dime will buy them.

Yes we both want a better work environment. This isn't the same company I came to work at years ago. There have been a lot of changes, some for not to bad, others just plain down right dirty and I get the feeling Harrison and Memphis both could care less, cause drivers are a dime a dozen. I have heard that so many times it makes me want to just show em what a dime will buy them.

I'll consign with you on the changes.... I just worry that the Teamsters are not the ultimate answer.

Bad is bad and broken needs fixed, but is there something else that Fred Almightyy will respond to?

Ding dong, the witch (Bill Cherry) is dead.

The pilot's association is really a different animal altogether. Right or wrong, it is. There are fewer certified pilots than truck drivers.

That being said; we are no less valuable or no less of a liability toward safety....maybe more so. IMHO.

Apples to apples, please.

I have to disagree with you. There are far more certified pilots than truck drivers. Now if you count steering wheel holders, then you have a valid point and I can't dispute it. Just because someone who goes thru a quickie course and can drive straight down a road for a ways doesn't make them truck drivers. And I see more and more of this on a daily basis. I mean people I wouldn't let loose on a tricycle much less in a truck.

I have to disagree with you. There are far more certified pilots than truck drivers. Now if you count steering wheel holders, then you have a valid point and I can't dispute it. Just because someone who goes thru a quickie course and can drive straight down a road for a ways doesn't make them truck drivers. And I see more and more of this on a daily basis. I mean people I wouldn't let loose on a tricycle much less in a truck.

I said "over a beer".... You gotta slow down, Driver. I need another before I can respond.

For what it's worth, flock the pilots, I don't have a dog in that hunt. They're different. Ask an Army tank commander what they think of pilots.

In my opinion, we're (Road and City) driving tanks through the streets while the pilots above have boners, thinking of Tom Cruise.

Stuff REALLY needs fixed. No question. No freakin' question at all !

Jimmy Jr. is the question.

I'll consign with you on the changes.... I just worry that the Teamsters are not the ultimate answer.

Bad is bad and broken needs fixed, but is there something else that Fred Almightyy will respond to?

Ding dong, the witch (Bill Cherry) is dead.

Actually if they would take us I think the pilots union would be the way to go, but the teamsters do have a history of working for and with trucking. You know I would be happy if I thought that Fred and his cronies would keep their word, but I just don't see that. People keep saying about the teamsters that leopards can't change their spots, well I feel the same about Fred. You know a lot of people, good people sacrificed a lot to keep a job when the merge happened. I was lucky, I didn't have to move and only lost 4 spots on our board. Now with all the cuts that have happened and people moving on because of the unknown of what is going to happen, I have gotten back to where I was. But I see more and more purchase everyday. Purchase being defined as both rail and shiny wheels. I see FedEx as the JB Hunt of the ltl business. I have had people tell me that just can't happen. That priority can't go on rail or it won't make service. Maybe it can't go on rail but it can go on shiny wheels. The only road runs that will be left are shuttle runs from small EOL terminals. On the last coo friends at terminals told me that they were now back at the levels and number of runs before the merge. Just lost a lot of friends due to the merge. I want the company to be profitable, but I also want them to be loyal to those of us who have done the job to get where we are today. Decent pension and health care are not out of line or out the question. Maybe with a repub congress the taxes on health care that the aca is going to place can be voted out. I don't have any faith in the supreme court to do the right thing because they haven't in a long time.

I said "over a beer".... You gotta slow down, Driver. I need another before I can respond.

For what it's worth, flock the pilots, I don't have a dog in that hunt. They're different. Ask an Army tank commander what they think of pilots.

In my opinion, we're (Road and City) driving tanks through the streets while the pilots above have boners, thinking of Tom Cruise.

Stuff REALLY needs fixed. No question. No freakin' question at all !

Jimmy Jr. is the question.

Jr. bothers me to.

You're wrong again....I'm in a RTW state, I don't have to join ANYTHING, yet I get all the benefits for FREE....provided they get a cntract....which i seriously doubt they will.

So im wrong about what in my previous statement? You are a teamster like it or not and you will abide by whats voted on and agreed upon by your peers to be in your contract.

So im wrong about what in my previous statement? You are a teamster like it or not and you will abide by whats voted on and agreed upon by your peers to be in your contract.
You're wrong in the fact I'm not a teamster, you're putting the cart before the horse....no contract has been ratified....and it never will

You're wrong in the fact I'm not a teamster, you're putting the cart before the horse....no contract has been ratified....and it never will

No your wrong you all voted the union in and the company has to negotiate in good faith or a mediator will be brought in just like they did with the pilots.

Some Priority can, and does go on "shiny wheels". Also Economy is more profitable than priority, because of those "shiny wheels".

No your wrong you all voted the union in and the company has to negotiate in good faith or a mediator will be brought in just like they did with the pilots.
We're NOT pilots!! Pilots fall under the RLA, we're under the NLRA.
A mediator is ONLY brought in when dealing with a public union, public employees that are compensated by the taxpayers through taxation.
In a private sector union, a mediator is only brought in when the company agrees to an impasse....which had you paid attention to the Overnite negotiations you'd have learned, that'll NEVER happen.

Don't be a sheep, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!

A mediator is ONLY brought in when dealing with a public union, public employees that are compensated by the taxpayers through taxation.
In a private sector union, a mediator is only brought in when the company agrees to an impasse....which had you paid attention to the Overnite negotiations you'd have learned, that'll NEVER happen.

I lived "Overnite" ... It wasn't pretty.

Oh really first you say they will never declare impasse, you also said they won't bring in a mediator here is proof that your spewing lie's FedEx Express Seeks National Mediation Board Assistance to Expedite Progress of Pilot Negotiations | FedEx Newsroom. Do you have anything to back up your argument other than hear say?

Oh really first you say they will never declare impasse, you also said they won't bring in a mediator here is proof that your spewing lie's FedEx Express Seeks National Mediation Board Assistance to Expedite Progress of Pilot Negotiations | FedEx Newsroom. Do you have anything to back up your argument other than hear say?

Looks like the "Truth Monster" is back at it............

The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service can be brought in, however, they cannot force the company to agree to any contract it is unwilling to accept.

"That's not part of my agency," he said. "That's not part of my responsibility."

That is a direct quote from the director of the FMCS during the labor disruption at the Long Beach Port in 2002. Eventually, GWB ordered the employees back to work by invoking the Taft-Hartley act.

Hope in West Coast port talks - Oct. 2, 2002