TForce | Bennies Old Bennies new, and the comparison to the union

Val thank you for your responces, no it didnt confuse me but forgive me for being blunt but i wonder if you compared what you pay now to the union coverage? that is the itle of this thread. thanks again

serta said:
You have to pay more for cancer insurance?:duh: That sounds kinda dumb. Never heard of such a thing. Well I guess if I had to buy it I would, it isn't cheap to pay for those procedures. Ex wife had thyroid cancer 7 yrs ago, and it cost almost 30k at that time. (only $212 out of pocket expense for the tv and phone). But thats my insurance.
Wow, never heard of that. Guess you have to decide if your lucky enough (or not) to get cancer. I've battled 2 of them for the last 8 years, including surjury, chemo, radiation, and more pills and tests then I care to remember. Total bills are well into the high 6 figures, fully paid by our health insurance. The only "extra" insurance I would consider is long term nursing home, so medicare doesn't take everything you own if you become incapable of taking care of yourself. It's expensive the older you are, so I would look at it while you are younger.

Like I said, I haven't had a chance to review it yet.

The cancer policy is just an extra to what you already have. I am not meaning that the regular medical does not cover cancer.

The AFLAC policy is like any other you can get as a supplemental. Like your supplemental life insurance. Your can just get what the company pays for, or you can get the supplental and have extra.

As for comparing it to the union insurance, there really isn't any way to do that. Your benefits is something that you bargain with when you get a contract. Just because some teamsters don't pay anything for their insurance, doesn't mean that we would get the same deal.

Valerie said:
Like I said, I haven't had a chance to review it yet.

The cancer policy is just an extra to what you already have. I am not meaning that the regular medical does not cover cancer.

The AFLAC policy is like any other you can get as a supplemental. Like your supplemental life insurance. Your can just get what the company pays for, or you can get the supplental and have extra.

As for comparing it to the union insurance, there really isn't any way to do that. Your benefits is something that you bargain with when you get a contract. Just because some teamsters don't pay anything for their insurance, doesn't mean that we would get the same deal.

Valerie, just to clear up a misconception about bennies and contracts.

Barginning for the contract has nothiing to do with benefits.
We as Teamster do not bargin with the company for benefits. We bargin with the company to pay the Union Health and Welfare Fund.
The H&W Fund is paid a per hour amount base on your time worked.
Max of 40 hours per week or 40 hours per week if you work three or more days.
Most H&W funds have a minium amount of hours you must work, either quarterly, semi annually or annually to qualify for benefits.
Some H&W Funds also have different stages of bennies depending on your contributions.
The H&W fund is the suppling office for all your benefits and is detremined by them, and trustees from the comapnies as to what your benenfits will be or be like.
The contract or company will have no relfection on your benefits.
You will deal with H&W when you recieve Teamster benefits.

As far as paying for your benefits, remember this, Onite is now owned by the Transportation Pot o' Gold.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Again we do not negioate benefits, only the monies paid into supply benefits.