FedEx Freight | Big raise on its way, but only for some..

What some of you fail to realize is that this is NOT your job to change, it's FedEx's job....the last time I looked we sign the back of the check, not the front. If you like it here, as you claim, the come to work, be happy, and cash your check on Friday...if you're not happy then the door swings both ways. Yes, some could say the company has decided to take a different path, but that's their right as a company. Again, if you're not happy with that path then you're free to leave at any time, no one is forcing anyone to stay. As others have pointed out, at some locations our competitors make more so if you're in one of these areas the decision to leave shouldn't be that hard. If you're at a location where our wages are competitive, again, what do you have to lose other than a little seniority? According to a lot of you guys, seniority doesn't mean that much here anymore either, so why stay?
Just as I expected out of you.Can't resit can you.

Fedex compensates it's drivers inline with companies with half the revenue.

FedEx gets all the driver who can't get in with UPS/UPSF etc etc. FedEx is not even close to a top pick when it comes to carriers drivers want to work for, and it'll only get worse if FedEx doesn't change.

Cowering away or just accepting the b.s being shoveled down your throat has never been the right solution to any circumstance, including this one. Everything from freedom to decent/fair wages for you and your family will always be fought for. None of it is ever won by being a submissive wuss.

Some fun facts: We don't even need to bring our most significant competitor into this discussion.

Old Dominion: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Old_Dominion_Freight_Lines,_Inc./Salary

FedEx Freight:
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=FedEx_Freight/Salary

Conway:
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Con-Way_Freight_Inc./Salary

Note: For those awaiting a reply, I'm still digesting the impact and trying to avoid lashing out. That WOULD be easy to do. Other things are more important right now. This is a big deal, but some things are more pressing at this time. Patience, grasshoppers...

Some of us would rather try to change the place we invested so much of our life into rather then cut and run. There are many of us who actually like it here but we don't like what the company has done. You see we come to work everyday and do our assigned tasks to provide for our families. In recent years the company has decided to take a different direction than what path we were on. Our Health Care has taken a beating, work rules have been modified to the point we don't know what is policy, retirement seems to be losing ground and finally our pay could be a little better.

What a lot of you
First let me say I hate to hear your wife is sick in anyway really I am. I also am not trying to use her sickness at a pawn in this discussion, I'm simply looking for perspective. You say your wife has been it the hospital many times has Fedex's insurance been ok or is it bankrupting you? PS don't pay much attention to ole Crazy Trucker, he is lost most of the time " West Virginia is going to show us how it's done"!!!

We disagree on some things but I want to say thank you.

No, I work for what the market will bear for my profession...I'm happy with my wages and bennies.
I'll agree, you do have a right to organize...just as I have a right to fight your efforts...and will until the day I retire.
Good luck!

So you work for what the market will bear. So how come in my area there are only 2 ltls that pay less than fed ex. Those are central transport and pitt ohio and pitt has free insurance so thats a wash. I guess the market has spoken and fed ex hasn't listened.

So you work for what the market will bear. So how come in my area there are only 2 ltls that pay less than fed ex. Those are central transport and pitt ohio and pitt has free insurance so thats a wash. I guess the market has spoken and fed ex hasn't listened.
So when are you going to quit? Why would you choose to work for such a low paying company?
Otherwise, you too are going to work what the market (and FedEx) will bear!

So when are you going to quit? Why would you choose to work for such a low paying company?
Otherwise, you too are going to work what the market (and FedEx) will bear!

So this is your response when proven wrong. Please explain the market to me because you make no sense with your claims that or fed ex doesn't pay attention to the market I work in.

So this is your response when proven wrong. Please explain the market to me because you make no sense with your claims that or fed ex doesn't pay attention to the market I work in.
You obviously don't understand how the market works....it's not my job to educate.
Please show where "you" proved me wrong....I'll be waiting with baited breath

Truths and facts, truths and facts...I agree, that's all you can expect out of me....no, I can't resist telling truths and facts.
Nowhere in my statement did I say you provided "truth or facts". I just found it interesting how this thread was active for 4 days and you chose that your first response in it was to a statement by me. Kinda neat having my very own online stalker.Thanks for being a fan. Just so we are clear here moving forward. If is is not mine or other like minded individuals (Pro Union) job to change FedEx then is it also not your (Anti Union) job to try to keep it the way it currently is. Of course when you do get under the Teamster contract umbrella at your terminal in your RTW state remember that you do not have to stay and accept those wages since you are so against the Union.

Nowhere in my statement did I say you provided "truth or facts". I just found it interesting how this thread was active for 4 days and you chose that your first response in it was to a statement by me. Kinda neat having my very own online stalker.Thanks for being a fan. Just so we are clear here moving forward. If is is not mine or other like minded individuals (Pro Union) job to change FedEx then is it also not your (Anti Union) job to try to keep it the way it currently is. Of course when you do get under the Teamster contract umbrella at your terminal in your RTW state remember that you do not have to stay and accept those wages since you are so against the Union.
Wow...who knew you were so sensitive! This is a public forum, if you post on here you should expect someone to respond...including me.
You would be correct, it's neither of our jobs to change anything at FedEx, we're paid to provide a service. There are people who are hired and paid to make those decisions/changes that you speak of, however, we can make suggestions as to what we believe would make the company better, but the final say isn't up to us.
We've had the whole dues paying member/freeloader discussion already...I'd be happy to agree to those terms if you'd be happy to agree to ours.

You obviously don't understand how the market works....it's not my job to educate.
Please show where "you" proved me wrong....I'll be waiting with baited breath

So you can't explain how this wonderful "Market" you speak of works huh don't worry niether can Fed Ex. I did prove you wrong you said you work for what the market will bear but can't explain how this market works you speak of, there is no rhyme or reason to our pay scales. I then posted the proof and like always you can't be a man and admit when your wrong. It's not what the market will bear as seen in my area it's called retention pay we have 0 turnover at my barn so we get punished on the gdp. The latest GDP raise was a strategic plan to stop the union at the bigger centers who have union activity no way you can say this is not true.

Wow...who knew you were so sensitive! This is a public forum, if you post on here you should expect someone to respond...including me.
You would be correct, it's neither of our jobs to change anything at FedEx, we're paid to provide a service. There are people who are hired and paid to make those decisions/changes that you speak of, however, we can make suggestions as to what we believe would make the company better, but the final say isn't up to us.
We've had the whole dues paying member/freeloader discussion already...I'd be happy to agree to those terms if you'd be happy to agree to ours.
Wow right back at you. Not sensitive at all. In fact I am as thick skinned as you are hard headed.You are correct it is your right to attack me any chance you get and you seem to exorcise that right. When companies stop or don't listen to suggestions it is our right to organize.

Wow right back at you. Not sensitive at all. In fact I am as thick skinned as you are hard headed.You are correct it is your right to attack me any chance you get and you seem to exorcise that right. When companies stop or don't listen to suggestions it is our right to organize.
If you deem any response from me as an attack, then you're not as thick skinned as you think you are!
Again, your are incorrect, you have the right to TRY to organize, this is why elections are held.

So you can't explain how this wonderful "Market" you speak of works huh don't worry niether can Fed Ex. I did prove you wrong you said you work for what the market will bear but can't explain how this market works you speak of, there is no rhyme or reason to our pay scales. I then posted the proof and like always you can't be a man and admit when your wrong. It's not what the market will bear as seen in my area it's called retention pay we have 0 turnover at my barn so we get punished on the gdp. The latest GDP raise was a strategic plan to stop the union at the bigger centers who have union activity no way you can say this is not true.
I fully understand how the free markets work...and obviously so does FedEx. The mere fact that your center has zero turnover, as you claim, proves that your center is right in line with where your wages should be, otherwise your turnover rate would be through the roof...thanks for proving me right...again.
As for your "strategic plan" analogy, I cannot confirm nor deny your allegations due to fact I don't have all the info that was used to determine who received a bump in the GPD and who didn't....I can say that there were centers on both sides who received the bump, not just the ones who have/had activity as you claim. Also, there were centers that voted no who received the bump and some centers who didn't.
Capitalism/free markets at its finest!

I fully understand how the free markets work...and obviously so does FedEx. The mere fact that your center has zero turnover, as you claim, proves that your center is right in line with where your wages should be, otherwise your turnover rate would be through the roof...thanks for proving me right...again.
As for your "strategic plan" analogy, I cannot confirm nor deny your allegations due to fact I don't have all the info that was used to determine who received a bump in the GPD and who didn't....I can say that there were centers on both sides who received the bump, not just the ones who have/had activity as you claim. Also, there were centers that voted no who received the bump and some centers who didn't.

There is zero (or almost zero) union activity at the to Ohio terminals I'm familiar with yet they got the bump. Now that being said I highly doubt Fedex did this out of the kindness of their hearts, this is a result of union activity but every terminal is not on the verge of organizing.

Nope wrong again the proof is right here those raises were supposed to be cost of living raises. Here you go i can post solid links to prove you wrong and then you respond with your opinions which mean nothing. Read the thread and the links i posted http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/our-deeply-flawed-pay-scales-gpd.66906/

There is zero (or almost zero) union activity at the to Ohio terminals I'm familiar with yet they got the bump. Now that being said I highly doubt Fedex did this out of the kindness of their hearts, this is a result of union activity but every terminal is not on the verge of organizing.

Im going to take you off ignore because you are posting nothing but lies. When we had all the big whigs at our terminal the Columbus OH terminal manager came down for a week he admitted that his terminal had union activity.

Im going to take you off ignore because you are posting nothing but lies. When we had all the big whigs at our terminal the Columbus OH terminal manager came down for a week he admitted that his terminal had union activity.

Yes and I said "almost zero" he also said in their meeting that they have very little concern about the union in Columbus, I'm familiar with that barn and DAY and neither one has enough signatures to send a Christmas cars let alone get a vote. If you think different you are delusional or being lied to. Since you can read my posts point out my lies please,.