Holland | Bill Zollars says: 30% of drivers will be......

It CAN and IS happening when you have 2 boards and 20 layed off road drivers and no layed off local cartage the local cartage guys are filling in the UE postion. We have road drivers with more than a year in and layed off. 10%ers filling in at UE

your telling me road cannot bump to cartage during lay-off? If so that is a local union problem and not the IBTs

you forgot that linehaul drivers are being laid off at the same number rate of utility jobs that are added. Local carthage board is getting bigger while the linehaul is shrinking, and it wont get better for the linehaul in the future.... :duh:
"I have not seen any ue drivers on here complaining about their jobs!!" that is a false statement .... most utility drivers bidded on these jobs to keep the linehaul from crossing over to the local carthage board, then they want to re-bid the city board so they can bump the UE jobs to the bottom of the city board ( so they can protect the 2 0r 3 year city employees).
line haul is geting the shaft ..... the company wants the road board deleted or down-sized
I would think a little bit b4 spouting off
Show me the quotes of the ue complaining..If a linehaul has the seniority to bid a ue how can local cartage keep him out? what makes you think road drivers are the only people that lose their jobs due to down sizing or job elimination, company's do it all the time ,I'm not saying it's right it's a part of life. Maybe you can heed your own advise about spouting off , you can always withdraw from the ibt

your telling me road cannot bump to cartage during lay-off? If so that is a local union problem and not the IBTs
Cant bump to the board but can choose to work the board if your precious UE's cant get it done and they ask us to work!!:nutkick:

Show me the quotes of the ue complaining..If a linehaul has the seniority to bid a ue how can local cartage keep him out? what makes you think road drivers are the only people that lose their jobs due to down sizing or job elimination, company's do it all the time ,I'm not saying it's right it's a part of life. Maybe you can heed your own advise about spouting off

your post was embarrassing .... for you ...."thank you ibt"

:hysterical: :hysterical:
thank ibt for scr**ing with our jobs and laying drivers off and sellling us out..

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Show me the quotes of the ue complaining..If a linehaul has the seniority to bid a ue how can local cartage keep him out? what makes you think road drivers are the only people that lose their jobs due to down sizing or job elimination, company's do it all the time ,I'm not saying it's right it's a part of life. Maybe you can heed your own advise about spouting off , you can always withdraw from the ibt
I must admit DGFCBY, I cant quite get a grasp on you and your posts. You have me puzzled as to whos side you're really on!!:chairshot:

THANK YOU IBT...... :hysterical: :hysterical:
thanks for the :nutkick: IBT

WAIT A MINUTE MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE YOURE A LOW SENIORITY CITY GUY THATS WORKING A UE JOB THAT WAS BIDDDED BY A HIGH SENIORITY CITY AND THE BOARD REBIDDED AND YOU GOT A UE JOB.............. AND JOB SECURITY THROUGH ROAD WORK
OMG
IM ON TO SOMETHING
THANK YOU IBT...... :hysterical:

They will keep cutting linehaul drivers and mark my words, as time goes on freight will be delayed to a point that they will wish they had us "high dollar" linehaul drivers out there moving America for them. Paid by the hour???? what do you think will happen. The new "overpaid" city drivers will be causing traffic jams on the ramps trying to sleep. Nothing against them but for a "Z"ollar more on the hour, I am nervous about the increase in accidents and fatalities, pushing these guys to limits they are not used to. :chairshot:

Next contract we will have to put the scews to them for the money---- I hear fed ex freight drivers complain about the 90k plus they make !!

OK caddy or anyone else that don't get it. This IS the contact we have to work with.... PERIOD. All the whining ,complaining, *****ing,moaning,name calling in the world is NOT going to change it!!!!!!! IF you DO NOT have the seniority to hold a job at yrcw companys than take your lay-off like a man ,move on, keep your 5 year recall rights and quit blaming the ibt for all your troubles. DO yOU really think yrcw is the only company trimming workforce in this economy? when this turns around and most everyone is meet and turn or ue that would be a great job (unless more hometime is a bad thing) Let go of the bitterness against the company ,ibt or whom ever else pis*es you off ,your live longer (you can still trash me tho if it makes you feel better, I just don't buy into all the doom and gloom)

thanks for the :nutkick: IBT

WAIT A MINUTE MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE YOURE A LOW SENIORITY CITY GUY THATS WORKING A UE JOB THAT WAS BIDDDED BY A HIGH SENIORITY CITY AND THE BOARD REBIDDED AND YOU GOT A UE JOB.............. AND JOB SECURITY THROUGH ROAD WORK
OMG
IM ON TO SOMETHING
Yep, after further review, I think you are right Caddy. DG was laid off now he is working again and giving road drivers a bunch of crap. Welcome to UE , DG, I'll bump you before you know it you Meester!!!!!!:chairshot:

Well I see you have had your dose of company kool-aid this morning.With your whats wrong with change attitude.I guess it will be easier for you to accept any other changes the company claims is necessary to survive such as paying your own insurance , reduction in vacation or holiday time,less pay. It is terrible that the union companies set the industry standard that all the non-union companies base their pay. We all know that we can believe Yrcw when they say Holland was getting ready to fail until they came to our rescue:hysterical:.Even though they almost took us under with their ideas until they woke up and took their head out of the sand.Remember that this is not a team effort between them and us it's all about the stockholder and their best intrest and the workers need to start taking care of themselves.
You are right about one thing in that I am an old dinosaur and have 17 yrs with Yellow ,11 + years with holland , 5 yrs Oliver (non-union) and hauled 48 state air frt for a while so I'm calling it like I see it and drawing from what little experience that I have. I see the auto workers taking the blame for the failure of american car building and management is as much to blame by suckin up huge profits for years and not meeting the quality and product demands of the changing world around them. The workers had no say in what type of car was built or what grade of products were used in building them but it's the union workers fault they didn't sell (??).
I also like the comment about other non-union companies not having line-haul drivers. Whatever all the others do we must follow ? Kind of funny don't you think that YRCW has turned our trucks down but the largest and leader of the industry still has their units running the speed limit in whatever state they are in. UPS must not know they are wasting money and should get in step with us. Same goes for fed-x and all the others that blow by us every night.
So you can give up whatever benefits you deem necessary to help out poor YRCW and I'll take my pension soon and fade into the background. :smilie_132:

OK caddy or anyone else that don't get it. This IS the contact we have to work with.... PERIOD. All the whining ,complaining, *****ing,moaning,name calling in the world is NOT going to change it!!!!!!! IF you DO NOT have the seniority to hold a job at yrcw companys than take your lay-off like a man ,move on, keep your 5 year recall rights and quit blaming the ibt for all your troubles. DO yOU really think yrcw is the only company trimming workforce in this economy? when this turns around and most everyone is meet and turn or ue that would be a great job (unless more hometime is a bad thing) Let go of the bitterness against the company ,ibt or whom ever else pis*es you off ,your live longer (you can still trash me tho if it makes you feel better, I just don't buy into all the doom and gloom)
TAKE IT LIKE A MAN ???
Do you think just MAYBE its the idea of a lower seniority man still working and the senior man being run off that has people PIS*ED OFF. Sir seniority is one of the few things left that has been fought for forever and the company has found out how to by-pass it and get the work done by those at a lower rate. Don't try and fool yourself. :chairshot:

ewww..... :hysterical: :hysterical:

take like a man ..... :hysterical: :hysterical:

Abuse of the utility language

We obviously have differing opinions about the UE's, but that's what makes this message board possible. But in DS, we battle everyday with UE drivers doing alot of work outside the language as it was explained to me in San Antonio. And our UE drivers out of DS are told what work will be done at foreign terminals,much of it also way outside these same bounds. Yes we are working through the grievance process to clarify the rules, but meanwhile the open boards suffer, which management loves, but sometimes we are our own worst enemy because of a few greedy renegades. JR