Yellow | Black friday at yrc worldwide!

Children, children; Papa Z is only playing with the big boys YOU elected. He is in China because that is where 90% of the democratic party management has invested (and serving on the boards of Chinas manufacturing Co's). It started back with Bubba "honey would you like a cigar?" Clinton.
Bush is on the energy side of our demise.
As long as we ignore the Libertarian sided candidates we're going down as a nation and economy.
Barrack (I ain't buyng his BS) said in Michigan yesterday "we need to bring manufacturing back to this country". I agree. But sent it out in the first place. And where was this statement from Barrack 1-5-10 years ago?
All this speculation about where YRCW is going and how management is all "bean counters". We are not "bean counters" also?
Just keep voting for the ones that are allowing Corp's to drain pension funds, the ones that are taking $400 +/wk directly out of your checks, and the ones hitting you for an additional 6% at the register. I can't list all the other fee's (taxes) applied from blowing your nose to wiping your asses.
Get that b------ Uncle Sam off our back and there would be an instant 30% raise.
Don't put all the blame on YRCW, we voted in the shysters that are making the rules for all of us. Start to consider Libertarian (= freedom) candidates.
I don't want to hear ANY Clinton did...BS. Clinton made sure out manufacturing went to China. And Clinton and Grandpa Bush are pretty chummy, don't you think?
[list type=decimal]
[*]Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty
[*]OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting
[/LIST]

There is no gas shortage, so why is gasoline $4/gallon?
It is time to correct out past mistakes.

mdR

I agree.... If there was one "Company" I would like to see go overseas it's the IRS. Bring on the Flat Tax baby!!!!!!!!:1036316054:

Old for New ??

the ones that are getting laid off are those who have a lot of years. sometimes being replace by young blood with little to no experience because the will get pay a lot less

If a person with a lot of experience gets canned, they are probably older. Is there a Lawsuit option in that ???

Reply to corpoffice

This doesn't ring true for me. People are being let go and not replaced.

I agree....

I believe that each office will try to run with these absolute least amount of people possible versus replace anyone. This seems to be the name of the game with most corporations nowadays.

Merger info:Yellow/Roadway terminals-Daytona Beach,Fl

Here is an answer for you. I have been working in the office of the small terminal at Roadway for the past 6 years. Before this, I worked for the small Yellow termianl just a few blocks away, as a billing clerk. Before that, I worked in the office of CF just down the street from Yellow and Roadway.

Here's what just happened here. Yellow is moving in with us, here at Roadway. Roadway owns this place, and Yellow rents their place and their lease runs out May 2009. Plans had been made for survey, building on, etc. There is no doubt we are moving in together, but it was suppose be separate, at first.

The Ops super at Yellow, who I know very well, from having worked there. After the labor day holiday, she didn't show up for work that Tuesday. Everybody was stunned... As 2 small city terminals, we all know each other, and for years. P&D drivers talk to each other,etc. We found out she got the pink slip, to put it nicely, or CANNED if you want to be blunt about it. There is more to come. 6 city drivers at Yellow, 6 city drivers at Roadway. We have 6 routes. ( Yellow & Roadway have the same 6 )This tells us that 6 P&D men will lose their jobs. The Yellow terminal is currently a dark terminal, and the drivers are doing much of the office work themselves. We here at Roadway, believe that my terminal manager, Ops manager, and now even I will lose our jobs. As the "Nextels" are doing some of my work, and the Yellow terminal is currently being dispatched out of ORLANDO, 60 miles away.

I thought maybe I would still have a job. But not now, after I hear the city men are pushing papers in the office at Yellow, and this is part of MY job. And I dispatch, but Yellow is doing that out of Orlando..... I have even less hope now, that I will have a job, much after May 2009, when the construction on this Roadway terminal is complete, and the Yellow lease runs out...

What you hear ir true. It is happening here already.....