Yellow | boner checks

point is when people said about what check would be we were told we were crazy .checks were just about right on what we said they would be .

just can stick to the original point can we

You're full of it longblade. A bunch of people were saying that the bonus was TAXED at a higher rate than normal pay. That's how this whole discussion got started. Trying to explain the difference between withholding rate and tax rate still isn't understood by some fools on here. Go back and reread all the posts on this subject for confirmation.

when the conversation started it was said that you would bring home about $470 of the $750 and you said you are all crazy you wont get taxed at 43% or something like that .
but out of the $750 guys brought home between $465 and $500 right what we said they would

when the conversation started it was said that you would bring home about $470 of the $750 and you said you are all crazy you wont get taxed at 43% or something like that .
but out of the $750 guys brought home between $465 and $500 right what we said they would

You are still full of it. No one talked about take home. The discussion was about being taxed at a higher rate (bonus rate) on the bonus payment. Don't try to twist things around now.

you must be right ,they must of been saying that when they get the $750 check but it would be $470 pretax ..
dont make me waste time going back and finding what you said because we all have better memories than that

I remember the company saying that they were going to go bankrupt.But they had enough money on hand before any vote to have at least 38million to give away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

LOL - It's all back to VOCABULARY... Tax WITHOLDING, Tax RATE, Taxable INCOME, ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME....

We are not being TAXED at a HIGHER RATE than "NORMAL" for the Bonus...
The Government IS HOLDING more than the "NORMAL" withholding amount at the time the checks are issued...

In the end - the TAX RATE for the Bonus will be the SAME as the TAX RATE for your regular pay....

BUT - as for what 'matters' to the people getting the checks today that have NO CLUE about Tax prep and the many rules that go into it... YEP -- the government wants their part of your money TOO.... and they get theirs BEFORE you get yours... which means you get a tiny little amount of the 750....

Say what you mean, mean what you say -

Not to change the subject but does anyone know if the Cleveland guys are getting their tax money from the bonus back? I saw something about it posted at 218.

Not to change the subject but does anyone know if the Cleveland guys are getting their tax money from the bonus back? I saw something about it posted at 218.

I'm sure they can get their tax money back.. if the government, SS, and Medicare are willing to give it back..... ??