FedEx Freight | Bonuses

The numbers for the bonus calculation!

GRzU5he.jpg

Combined 3rd & 4th quarter revenue, in millions: $3475

Combined 3rd & 4th quarter income, in millions: $231

Combined 3rd & 4th quarter O/R: 6.664748%

Based on the guidelines below, and depending on rounding, the BONUS could (should?) be as high as 1.6% (favorable rounding). Or as low as 1.5766% (unfavorable rounding).

RoUkXAt.jpg

Due to the strong earnings numbers, I predict the more favorable 1.6% payout, for the eligible earnings period.

Also, if history is any indicator, I'm hoping for separate checks in July...

:clapping:

GRzU5he.jpg

Based on the guidelines below, and depending on rounding, the BONUS could (should?) be as high as 1.6% (favorable rounding). Or as low as 1.5766% (unfavorable rounding).

RoUkXAt.jpg

Due to the strong earnings numbers, I predict the more favorable 1.6% payout, for the eligible earnings period.

Thanks Swamp.... The only grown up in the Room! :chuncky:

GRzU5he.jpg

RoUkXAt.jpg

What are you smoking? separate checks? Hahahaha.

Ok, I'll bite. Why are separate checks more desirable? Between the Feds and the State taking almost half my bonus I really don't notice much.

UPDATE:

For the first time, there seems to be conflicting numbers. There are 2 sets of numbers for the third quarter. The difference is only somewhat significant, but will effect the payout.

There is no conflict on the Q-4 results. The conflict is in the previous quarters, including Q-3.

Old third quarter numbers (published March 20,2018):

Revenue: $1.69 billion
Operating income: $55 million
Operating margin :3.2%

http://investors.fedex.com/news-and...p-Reports-Third-Quarter-Earnings/default.aspx

Again, the "new" third quarter numbers (published Tuesday):

Revenue: $1.613 billion
Operating income: $56 million
Operating margin :3.5%

http://s1.q4cdn.com/714383399/files/doc_downloads/statistical/2018/FedEx-Q4-FY18-Stat-Book.pdf

Why the conflict? It seem to be explained in the fine print:

"Effective in the fourth quarter of 2018, we realigned the specialty service companies FedEx Custom Critical and FedEx Supply Chain under the management of FedEx Trade Networks. The FedEx Trade Networks operating results are included in "Corporate, other and eliminations." Prior quarter and year amounts and all operating statistics for the transportation segments have been revised to conform to the current year segmentation."

Now then, which set of numbers will be used to calculate the bonus? There is no way for me to know, but it will effect the projected payout, one way or the other.

The revised numbers mean a 1.6% payout.
The old numbers mean a 1.52% payout.

Sorry, but those are the facts... This time, we'll have to wait for the official statement. Can I revise my earlier prediction?

:idunno:

Last edited:
They haven't been a separate check in years. I believe they are a combined check, but the bonus is taxed separately on the combined check.

It's there, it suffers it's normal 40 percent tax, but it's separate from your cumulative gross amount.

So, add the taxed bonus number to the net of your normal pay stub. All on one paper.

They haven't been a separate check in years. I believe they are a combined check, but the bonus is taxed separately on the combined check.
Last year, the July payout was a separate check. It went in my account 7/19/2017.

Ok, I'll bite. Why are separate checks more desirable? Between the Feds and the State taking almost half my bonus I really don't notice much.

Most, including me, seem to prefer the separate and clearly defined payout amount. Is it a BIG deal? Not really, but I'd gladly pay a dollar or 2 to cover any added cost associated with the printing & distribution.

Last year, the July payout was a separate check. It went in my account 7/19/2017.

Most, including me, seem to prefer the separate and clearly defined payout amount. Is it a BIG deal? Not really, but I'd gladly pay a dollar or 2 to cover any added cost associated with the printing & distribution.
yea, what he said

It will show as a seperate entry on the SAME check.
If you have Dir Dep, you will see one ammount.

It's never been a seperate check

That was my memory as well, but I went back through my records and it was just as Swamp said. 7-19-17 I received a separate bonuses check. That was cut on 7-14-17.

I've become pretty aware that it isn't a winning proposition to argue with him. ;-)

I had 43 percent tax taken out, for the official record.

It will show as a seperate entry on the SAME check.
If you have Dir Dep, you will see one ammount.

It's never been a seperate check
With all due respect, has your recollection failed since leaving?

Good to see ya hanging around/visiting, but where do you come up with this crazy talk? Funny stuff...:biglaugh: