XPO | Building a slip seat box

Yeah thats it. All you have to do is drill a couple of holes for the power cord, antenna and mounting bracket for the CB. You can store your mic and coax inside. Makes it real easy to carry.

A guy I work with just bought a box from Wolcott. The damn thing wasn't even assembled...WTF!!!!

It is a nice sturdy K40 box, but what the hell...I want mine assembled.

None of this "Some assembly required" nonsense.

Was yours assembled?

The Ratmeister...Rock On!!!:rockon:

The box comes just like the picture looks. You just have to drill a couple of holes depending on where you want to mount your stuff....not a big deal.

:hide: No problem, I just thought that a slip seat box was the last of our concers, in this economy. Keep on keeping on::smilie_132:

Well evidently there is or was a problem somewhere in the mix!

I was simply asking the man about a slipseat box he had purchased as I am looking for one at the present time. Roadeo and I were simply conversing about what he bought and you say "If that is my only concern...Wake Up!"

What the hell is that! You must find a need to stir the pot and that is OK as I do it myself from time to time. But there is a time and place for such things...perhaps not in the midst of a quest for knowledge and information that IMHO was not in the least bit controversial.

A slipseat box is NOT my only concern by any means...just wanted some info from fellow drivers.

There are lots of concerns here as many have addressed.

If you have something to add to the subject of the thread then I am all ears as I am still searching for my 'perfect' box.

Other than than that your "Wake Up!" statement was quite out of line.

Rat :loser:

My box...

Here's my box:

SlipseatRig1.jpg

and it sounds good too! It has an old Pioneer CD/Receiver, Cobra 29 LTD CB, 2 tweeters and 2 woofers, Digital Thermometer/Clock, and XM mount...

Ok, I see the boxes but is there a chance that the hinges and bolts sticking out could catch the seat (yes I know you are suppose to have a blanket but it might slip) and rip it causing a LOI? I think they are pretty neat looking. Now I'm wavering between this and the carpet covered box...

What kind of gear shift knob is that? I've never seen one like that in a Volvo? Maybe thats a Sterling/Ford? I can't tell.

I am going out on a limb here, but, i suspect you don't drive for Con-Way???
:duh:

I'm going to go out on a limb, I don't think you drive for Con-Way. If you can't tell thats a Sterling There is something wrong with you or YOU don't work for Con-Way. Man you got issues. They have help for people in need like you and your insurance even covers it.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey Rat here's a pic of my box with all the stuff mounted in. Only thing not on the box is the XM. I just put it on the dash to make it easier to see. Sorry I didn't post it sooner but been on vacation.

what type of batterie are you guys running in your boxes so that the radio will stay on while the truck is shuy off. looking for the lightest one out there that will work