Estes | Bunkrooms

[quote author=nctruckdriver link=topic=82113.msg853970#msg853970 date=1280709608]
thanx a million mildew! :thumbsup:
do you happen to know the website to order uniforms?
[/quote]
It's been so long since i've ordered. I think you order sraight from the cintas site. I'll check it out today and let you know if someone else hasn't before I find out.

How big a boy are ya ? I got a ton of Estes shirts some say driver trainer (lol) and a few have "Matthew" on them but any you fellars need some shirts let me know. XXL you can have them. Jackets all that stuff.

I'm not kidding mister which jacket u want ? Got that brown one got a dickes black heavy winter coat last years safety year one.

and being 27 you will not run into many drivers your age. if have been told many hotel desk clerks that i am the youngest driver they have seen. and at 26 many terminals have told me the same thing. ironically i was a driver at sysco, so i aslo lumped groceries.

[quote author=Beerboy link=topic=82113.msg854110#msg854110 date=1280759744]
How big a boy are ya ? I got a ton of Estes shirts some say driver trainer (lol) and a few have "Matthew" on them but any you fellars need some shirts let me know. XXL you can have them. Jackets all that stuff.
[/quote]

probably way too big for me, i'm only 150lbs medium/large shirts
thanks though

[quote author=FrkyBgStok link=topic=82113.msg854126#msg854126 date=1280762263]
and being 27 you will not run into many drivers your age. if have been told many hotel desk clerks that i am the youngest driver they have seen. and at 26 many terminals have told me the same thing. ironically i was a driver at sysco, so i aslo lumped groceries.
[/quote]

yeah i know the feeling, i'm always being told that i look like a kid driving a truck
btw, i drove for mclane pretty much an overpaid lumper

The lighter one. Brown one. Was in KC for 2 L/O last week but doing Ohio meet+ turn this week. I will PM you when I get back out there.

Dang! I didn't know big E hired minature drivers. Lol ncdriver, I was busy today but I did find out they are incouraging us to buy/order T shirts. They want us to look better. Lol
your a good man B.B. Giving the shirt off your back to help some of our finest drivers lol

nctruckdriver.....

the website for ordering shirts is www.estesgear.com
you will need your 5 digit employee number that is on your paycheck. these other guys are right in saying that you wont get free shirts until 90 days, but you are able to buy them as soon as you want.

as for being one of the youngest...... i was hired into linehaul 4 years ago at age 24.

good luck

[quote author=PullingThatBigE link=topic=82113.msg854544#msg854544 date=1280876245]
nctruckdriver.....

the website for ordering shirts is www.estesgear.com
you will need your 5 digit employee number that is on your paycheck. these other guys are right in saying that you wont get free shirts until 90 days, but you are able to buy them as soon as you want.

as for being one of the youngest...... i was hired into linehaul 4 years ago at age 24.

good luck
[/quote]
Priciate the info ptbe. It's about time for me to order some shirts also.. I pm'd him the default password.

after my first week by myself, i think i'm really going to like this job...did a little bit over 2700 miles, stayed only once in bunkroom, kept me moving pretty good. definitely beats the hell of having to wait on customers or staring at qualcomm waiting for loads...

Good deal nc. Did they run you in the Southeast or up + down I-95? Hope you got some decent equipment out of the gate.

[quote author=BuzzBeez link=topic=82113.msg856330#msg856330 date=1281288311]
Good deal nc. Did they run you in the Southeast or up + down I-95? Hope you got some decent equipment out of the gate.
[/quote]

i was all over the place down in ATL, then towards TN, OH, PA, NY, NJ, back to NC then GA and then got home early Sat.
i've been assigned one of the older trucks, that thing makes so much noise that i have to turn radio all the way to hear...i just found out there's an open newer truck at my terminal and some drivers suggested i ask the tm if i can be assigned to it before they ship it somewhere else.

[quote author=nctruckdriver link=topic=82113.msg856490#msg856490 date=1281303487]
i was all over the place down in ATL, then towards TN, OH, PA, NY, NJ, back to NC then GA and then got home early Sat.
i've been assigned one of the older trucks, that thing makes so much noise that i have to turn radio all the way to hear...i just found out there's an open newer truck at my terminal and some drivers suggested i ask the tm if i can be assigned to it before they ship it somewhere else.
[/quote]
Trucks are slim right now. Good to hear you like it. 2700+ miles is an average week. That's a good number to turn in every week. Some of our guys turn in 2800 max and carry the rest of the miles for the following week to stay clear of the rich man tax.

Get used to the noise. I wear earplugs quite a bit in my truck. Probably not legal but I get a lot of ear ringing when on break and its real quiet. It's really not that bad of a truck for 1.2 million miles.

To your question about newer trucks, are you running a sleeper or a day cab. The reason I ask is I have told that I maybe driving a trucker with a sleeper cab. I am ok with that I was just curious as to what you all were driving. :shift: