Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
5eYXStO.jpg

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article58479743.html

Last edited:
But good news that Jamie is still getting his Bonus !!!!! Cha Ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's funny, when I was with New Penn we were told that all the votes for the givebacks would be counted together since we were all one company. Now when it's time to hand out bonuses they're separate? I call BS....

That's very true....BUT, the MOU that got voted in spelled it all out....many did not read the whole thing....they voted with their fear.....KK

The bonus paid to the regionals had several purposes:

1) show the Teamsters that they are abiding by the latest and greatest MOU.

2) by paying the regionals the money, it is a lesser it on the books then if freight got the money. The regional bonus only equaled out to $5.5 million. Imagine how much that would be if Freight got the bonus. Jamie would run out of hair gel!

Since the ratification of the MOU,each year freight has had expenditures that kept our OR above the threshold. Emergency repairs due to a high CSA score, The new technology Welch trumpets about, now three new senior vice presidents that we just cannot operate without. I would not be spending my bonus anytime soon.

Last edited:
I forgot to add, that an analyst during the call asked about meet and turn runs. I can understand that, since that would eliminate needless hotel expenses and layover pay. However Welch downplayed meet and turns, saying that between the sleeper teams, Rail, single man operation, and PTS, everything is just fine. With this type of thinking, we will not get our bonuses anytime soon.

Last edited:
It's funny, when I was with New Penn we were told that all the votes for the givebacks would be counted together since we were all one company. Now when it's time to hand out bonuses they're separate? I call BS....
As unfair as it seems. The MOU we voted for does state any bonus would be calculated separate..freight vs regionals

The bonus paid to the regionals had several purposes:

1) show the Teamsters that they are abiding by the latest and greatest MOU.

2) by paying the regionals the money, it is a lesser it on the books then if freight got the money. The regional bonus only equaled out to $5.5 million. Imagine how much that would be if Freight got the bonus. Jamie would run out of hair gel!

Since the ratification of the MOU,each year freight has had expenditures that kept our OR above the threshold. Emergency repairs due to a high CSA score, The new technology Welch trumpets about, now three new senior vice presidents that we just cannot operate without. I would not be spending my bonus anytime soon.
This is the first year an O.R. Threshold mattered for bonuses. I asked the question months ago how much the bonus payout would be if the whole company hit the O.R. The TM didn't know but got back with me a few days later and said around 13 million would be the cost. i guess freight would have been around 7.5 million if we would have hit it.

I'm just happy that us employees at YRCF were able to oblige the regionals with bonuses.Which doesn't seem right because we are all Teamsters.Remember equal sacrafice.This bonus process can be used in such a way to divide us

I'm just happy that us employees at YRCF were able to oblige the regionals with bonuses.Which doesn't seem right because we are all Teamsters.Remember equal sacrafice.This bonus process can be used in such a way to divide us

Seems like more complaints over the fellow TEAMSTERS getting a bonus big enough to go to dinner than there was when top EXECUTIVES got bonuses big enough to retire on.

Get use to it. There is nothing fair and equal to your pension cuts as well. Even thou we were all in the same pension plan.

Get use to it. There is nothing fair and equal to your pension cuts as well. Even thou we were all in the same pension plan.
At night when all the regional drivers are pounding down the highway while all the YRC guys get there beauty sleep....that is when they are earning their bonuses. I guess bonuses are kind of like respect....you have to earn it.