Estes | By Now You Know !!!!!!

I just can't do the same thing every day. Just can't do it. The monotony would put me six feet under.

I just can't do the same thing every day. Just can't do it. The monotony would put me six feet under.

I wished I still had the eagerness for the open road,Dew...I just can't take it anymore...24 years is enough...Not the same as it was...Good luck to you,my freind..

The only runs Im "qualified for" are around 400 miles a day. That dont pay the bills. Like Dew said in an another post cant sleep with so much going on at the house anyway.

Ya I got what I want all right, well after moving onto hub, gonna get kicked off that cause they cancelled runs, now gonna go back to Linehaul or Utility, dont know yet, while all those other guys that have not been with the company as long as me get to hhave runs and be home everyday, Merry Christmas from Estes I guess, man time to start looking some place else,
1 Road board system by Company Time would solve my problem in a jiffy!! Whos to say I go back to LINEHAUL get all my time back and then when I got 20 years at this company DOT changes hours back to ten or less, well there goes all the Linehaul runs we got, and gee what happens to my well 16 years of linehaul time, the other four I have been Utility, HUB, Utility.
Just is not fair anymore guys, not with all the growing and switching the way we run our freight, but guess the idea is to get rid of us guys that have been here awhile.

I kept my Wed. nite start extraboard spot.The best run they got at my yard and no one else wanted it. Lucky me!

400 miles is $1100 at 5 days of work. Sounds ok but the taxes would turn it into $800
401k $700
child support $400
,alimony $300,
gas $215,
car maintenance
$200,
asked to stay home because of no freight $15
Next years tax increase -$10
Depression subscription -$20
That's right folks, we'd spend $20 to go to work :biglaugh:

quit bitching about the board system. you knew the system when you hired on. quit trying to change the game in the middle of it.take an over the road job and really see how you'd like being gone for 600 a week.

Well, by now you know what you've got... I hope everyone got what they wanted...Share with us what you got...

I wished I still had the eagerness for the open road,Dew...I just can't take it anymore...24 years is enough...Not the same as it was...Good luck to you,my freind..

Priciate it. I can't let it go.

The only runs Im "qualified for" are around 400 miles a day. That dont pay the bills. Like Dew said in an another post cant sleep with so much going on at the house anyway.

Ya I got what I want all right, well after moving onto hub, gonna get kicked off that cause they cancelled runs, now gonna go back to Linehaul or Utility, dont know yet, while all those other guys that have not been with the company as long as me get to hhave runs and be home everyday, Merry Christmas from Estes I guess, man time to start looking some place else,
1 Road board system by Company Time would solve my problem in a jiffy!! Whos to say I go back to LINEHAUL get all my time back and then when I got 20 years at this company DOT changes hours back to ten or less, well there goes all the Linehaul runs we got, and gee what happens to my well 16 years of linehaul time, the other four I have been Utility, HUB, Utility.
Just is not fair anymore guys, not with all the growing and switching the way we run our freight, but guess the idea is to get rid of us guys that have been here awhile.

That's all most got. 400 mile run's. Not enough to live on.

400 miles is $1100 at 5 days of work. Sounds ok but the taxes would turn it into $800
401k $700
child support $400
,alimony $300,
gas $215,
car maintenance
$200,
asked to stay home because of no freight $15
Next years tax increase -$10
Depression subscription -$20
That's right folks, we'd spend $20 to go to work :biglaugh:

quit bitching about the board system. you knew the system when you hired on. quit trying to change the game in the middle of it.take an over the road job and really see how you'd like being gone for 600 a week.

Who's bitchin'?

I wanted for a 4 day laydown run somewhere warm with palm trees and a free ocean front stay in a high riser with a bunch of neon lights.

Ya well when I was hired on most things we had were City and Linehaul, we did'nt have Utility, and only had 1 hub run, back then we had 8 Linehaul runs, now we have 2 Linehaul and 6 Hub runs, and that all switched with in a year.

And I am guessing you are one of those that took a little hub run that didnt pay crap and now you are probably making out because of it!! Well I'm happy for you driver, but alls I was Bitching about would be the right thing to do, like respect the Drivers that got you here!!!

nope ,extra board and will stay that way. runs cancel and change to much. hate waiting but thats what i was told 6 years ago.