Yellow | bye bye CGB

elk grove is closing frt split between wheeling and montgomery IL terminals.

I assume Wheeling will pick up MOST of the pie. Being in705 land, I don't think they will let much go --if any. Local 673 has a YES-man for thier freight guy!
They lost over 60% of thier bills in the consolidation and ony allowed 23 men to transfer to 318. Then they laid offabout another 40, and 318 started HIRING !!

elk grove is closing frt split between wheeling and montgomery IL terminals.

Does anyone know the boundry of Montgomery?...Seems a long haul to come up this far north and cover 305's area...Could be split evenly between 303 and 301 now that Chgo Ridge is going more toward a city operation...301 is a lot closer...

USED TO BE -------To the North
South of Thorndale and West of 290/355-Roselle (Some went to 301)

To the South
New Lenox - Elwood -Minooka area ( lots of GOOD volume accounts) (went to 318)

to the West
Morris/Dwight(now 318) - Dekalb-Hampshire

To the East
West of 355/290 (Now-CGB and 318-W of 59)

Just a rough amount. But like I said earlier, We lost 60% of our work during consolidation. I will be the 1st to admit that we had more area than we could handle. We were sending a couple of hundred bills to CGB almost every night.
But they took all the big bill counts and moved them to 318.

Hell -they gave 318 all the way up 59 to I88. Then gave CGB East of there. Elk grove took the stuff to the North.
As far as I know, they have just 3M and a stop or 2 in Elgin that provide big bills(volume).

But what do I know I have been on layoff since 3/20/09

I'm hearing that it ALL goes to the Heights.....no one can be sure yet. The Local's have to OK it first....which is going to happen. We'll have to wait and see if the Velocity stays.....sure wouldn't make any sense though. Then again....has any of this made any sense?

Hey, I hate to see you go too. But since it is DC, get us lined up so we can come in and take over and make it seamless and hit the ground running.:biglaugh:

cc 305... whats up!!!!

What up Bro...A lot of changes goin on in our area too fast...Me head is a spinin...You guys keep suckin our work away...I hope your cleanin up and fattening your wallet!!!...They look to lay off several hundred after all is settled once we bid mid June...Seniority list grew to almost 800 after merger...Their downsizing CGB 301 to city OP and moving to HTS...A lot of Senior men between Yellow and Roadway and to few positions available...It's goin to be interesting....Say hello to Grandpa Joe...Got to go...talk to ya soon...