Yellow | C.D.O.

And they do a press release that the new tractors have radios in them now and the rest of the industry goes...."WTF is all that about?".....KK
I remember when Viking moved into town
Count how many people it takes to break down a set of loads inbound at 309, tractor, trailers, and dolly, fuel tractor, and rehook to another set going out, and throw in a road driver waiting for the hook. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but have seen this enough. The competition does that whole assignment with 1 guy. Last I saw, 1 guy pulls tractor out to fuel island,1 fueler, 1 spotter moves dolly, another puts the loads to yard, and then in reverse to hook it. Kinda like the guy on each shift that does nothing on the dock but bring a rack of forklift fuel to an area throughout the shift and never moves a skid of freight. Just sayin.
I always wondered why dispatch would give a 2 hour call when one trailer is still loading at dock and the other is not even in the yard yet. Happened all the time at 881.

I just want to first say, I've only been with YRC for 1 year, Hagerstown MD terminal. After having to deal with this place for a year, and having to see the way this place works, it's quite obvious as someone mentioned above, we throw away a lot of money on the linehaul side of things for sure. it takes way too many people to do simple tasks. Craziness.

Welcome to YRCF and TB's Frosty. Nice to hear things from a fresh new perspective. Many of us are to close to the situation, we need to step back and re-evaluate.
Thank you.

Welcome to YRCF and TB's Frosty. Nice to hear things from a fresh new perspective. Many of us are to close to the situation, we need to step back and re-evaluate.
Thank you.

I've been trucking for almost 10 years, still a pup lol. But considering almost 9 had been food service, I'm a grizzled old man. That being said I've seen some successful businesses all around the country, this place at one time, both yellow and roadway have had moments of greatness (done my homework long ago).

It would appear that not only is the company handcuffing the employees because of the errenous decisions they made, but also the union has handcuffed itself from success as well.

I say this for the simple fact that at 153, yeah it's end of line, but it operates so drastically different than other barns it's astonishing. I've been a peddler for a year, I subbed for a month as a jockey so I got to see the nitty gritty. I would hook and break down sets, jockey, fuel trucks and even break freight, all in a ten hour shift. I literally got told to f'n stop working so hard, but alas that's how I was raised.

My point being this, for you grizzled veterans who have lost so much, I apologize for what you have went through, it's terrible having probably the best job in the world for so many years and having everything gutted from you, out of no fault of your own. But to merely blame the company in the year we are in now, that's absurd.

No offense to linehaul drivers, but not being accountable for dropping and hooking, and some terminals even require triple time for pins pulled, that is no way to everrrrrrrrr be profitable. The way routes are set up are crazy and not cost effective. Having 3 different people to do a one man job is just pure laziness. Seriously. I'm specifically speaking about the Carlisle terminal FYI.

I've been trucking for almost 10 years, still a pup lol. But considering almost 9 had been food service, I'm a grizzled old man. That being said I've seen some successful businesses all around the country, this place at one time, both yellow and roadway have had moments of greatness (done my homework long ago).

It would appear that not only is the company handcuffing the employees because of the errenous decisions they made, but also the union has handcuffed itself from success as well.

I say this for the simple fact that at 153, yeah it's end of line, but it operates so drastically different than other barns it's astonishing. I've been a peddler for a year, I subbed for a month as a jockey so I got to see the nitty gritty. I would hook and break down sets, jockey, fuel trucks and even break freight, all in a ten hour shift. I literally got told to f'n stop working so hard, but alas that's how I was raised.

My point being this, for you grizzled veterans who have lost so much, I apologize for what you have went through, it's terrible having probably the best job in the world for so many years and having everything gutted from you, out of no fault of your own. But to merely blame the company in the year we are in now, that's absurd.

No offense to linehaul drivers, but not being accountable for dropping and hooking, and some terminals even require triple time for pins pulled, that is no way to everrrrrrrrr be profitable. The way routes are set up are crazy and not cost effective. Having 3 different people to do a one man job is just pure laziness. Seriously. I'm specifically speaking about the Carlisle terminal FYI.

I'm not trying to talk smack on anyone either, but I had a small business before trucking, had I not lost it in a divorce it would of remained a great profitable business, with diligence and responsibility I was successful. Hard work payed of, well for my ex at least. Lol

I'm not trying to talk smack on anyone either, but I had a small business before trucking, had I not lost it in a divorce it would of remained a great profitable business, with diligence and responsibility I was successful. Hard work payed of, well for my ex at least. Lol

I took my city tractor one time to take some hot freight to a terminal in my assigned city tractor, and was told I absolutely could not drop my tractor and drop the tractor hooked to my return set as it would take away work from one of the 4 guys that dropped tractors off sets. My city unit sat up there for 3 weeks because they didn't have the drivers to bring it back down.....even they they shuttle freight down from that terminal everyday. That is just wasteful.

Ok, I'm Road in Carlisle. I know what you are referring to. It's the same @ 211. 309, 218 and others. The problem is like BRG posted, the NMFA and it's Supplements were negotiated in a Regulated Enviornment. The Company is still in a time warp in that Enviornment also. For example, before I asked for 1 vacation week back, I would have analyzed other aspects of the Contract that would have yielded a greater savings w/out as much grief to the Labor Force. That would have saved them Money every day and night 24/7/365. Something that we, Labor, wouldn't have even felt long term.

It's very hard to teach Old Dogs new tricks, I repeat that in my head constantly. I see that you are Young, maybe you should re-think this ? Or at least start some sort of Personal Investment Plan asap.

Ok, I'm Road in Carlisle. I know what you are referring to. It's the same @ 211. 309, 218 and others. The problem is like BRG posted, the NMFA and it's Supplements were negotiated in a Regulated Enviornment. The Company is still in a time warp in that Enviornment also. For example, before I asked for 1 vacation week back, I would have analyzed other aspects of the Contract that would have yielded a greater savings w/out as much grief to the Labor Force. That would have saved them Money every day and night 24/7/365. Something that we, Labor, wouldn't have even felt long term.

It's very hard to teach Old Dogs new tricks, I repeat that in my head constantly. I see that you are Young, maybe you should re-think this ? Or at least start some sort of Personal Investment Plan asap.

lol I guess by rethinking this you would be referring to working at YRC. Lol I've pondered that many times lol. I've made so many friends and love the job it's so hard to walk away from it. I've got family at ABF, FXF and Conway, and besides ABF and possibly RNL, I couldn't find a better job. Not with what I make plus the health ins.

A lot of veteran teamsters don't understand, for 9 years, I've paid up to 400 a month for insurance and made 60k a year. I'm doing 60k a year and not paying any insurance now, that point is refreshing lol.

The retirement is the one sticking point. Will this place ever return to what it once was? Will there be a real sustainable future here after these years of concessions? I would, in a perfect world, like to think so. But if the past has any bearing on the thought patterns for the future....it's dim at best.

lol I guess by rethinking this you would be referring to working at YRC. Lol I've pondered that many times lol. I've made so many friends and love the job it's so hard to walk away from it. I've got family at ABF, FXF and Conway, and besides ABF and possibly RNL, I couldn't find a better job. Not with what I make plus the health ins.

A lot of veteran teamsters don't understand, for 9 years, I've paid up to 400 a month for insurance and made 60k a year. I'm doing 60k a year and not paying any insurance now, that point is refreshing lol.

The retirement is the one sticking point. Will this place ever return to what it once was? Will there be a real sustainable future here after these years of concessions? I would, in a perfect world, like to think so. But if the past has any bearing on the thought patterns for the future....it's dim at best.

Yes, that's what I was eluding to. Okay, you seem to be well grounded and know what you want. Just make sure you start a plan for your future, before you know it, you'll be 62 and wonder where the yrs. went.

CENTRAL DISPATCH OPERATIONS OTHER WISE KNOWN, WILL BE ONE OF THE DOWN FALLS OF YRC FREIGHT UNLESS WELCH AND CREW REVAMP AND REVITALIZE DISPATCH BETWEEN BREAKBULKS AND DISTRIBUTION.P.T.S. IS OVER THEIR LIMIT, RAIL IS IN THE SAME BOAT.FREIGHT LANES ARE WHAT EVER CDO WANTS TO PUNISH,DIVIDE AND REROUTE TO MANIPULATE LOCALS AT THE GREIVENCE HEARINGS.EQUAL SHARED EXECUTIVE BONUS IS RISING WHILE MAJORITY OF EMPLOYES ARE STRUGGLING ALONG TO JUST MAINTAIN WHAT THEY HAVE LEFT.WHERE DOES MORALE FACTOR IN FUTURE FOR YRC FREIGHT?YOU ARE KNOW BY THE FRUIT YOU BEAR,MEANING THE TRUTH OF YOUR WORD IS HOW WE ALL WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!....IN THE BUSINESS WORLD NOW, YRC HAS TO SHOW LEADERSHIP IN TRUTH AND EXAMPLE TO BE COMPETIVE IN TODAYS MARKET.
What expensive trucker's are you referring to ?
What Term. is sitting vacant while we are leasing a smaller inadequate one ?
Just curious.
Stop it !!! You are making him uncomfortable!!!!

I run #116 deer
ir
Park, LI., NY M-F @1800
That sounds like punishment to me. :shrug: But at least that time of day is as good as it could get for that run.

If you tell me what time you pass by Bada Bing I'll stand out front one night and wave to you! :guiness: :smile new:

Between 2130-2200, if things go as planned. I run double green trailmobile style marker lights in the center of the windshield just above the wipers.

Between 2130-2200, if things go as planned. I run double green trailmobile style marker lights in the center of the windshield just above the wipers.

OK on that. One of these nights I'll wait on the eastbound shoulder of I80 with a sign saying "Hi Sugarfoot". :smile new:
Then again I better be sure it's not some ABF driver with green marker lights trying to trick me. :hilarious:

I thought that double green lights in the windshield in Pennsylvania meant driver is gay??????

Reactions: mud
I thought that double green lights in the windshield in Pennsylvania meant driver is gay??????
I hope he's not running down the highway blaring, "Breaker 1-9 for Ben Gay, got a copy on the Munchkin-take it to 2-2" on the CB.