Yellow | C.D.O.

I hope he's not running down the highway blaring, "Breaker 1-9 for Ben Gay, got a copy on the Munchkin-take it to 2-2" on the CB.
Na, That was the area on I-80 where that smart mouth kid ran his trap until we found out he worked all night at the Hess station at the exit we used to get off to go north to Spring Valley before I-287 was opened.
Cute Kid, Until 3 Big "R"'s parked along side the gas station. Funny thing, We never heard from him again. Come to think of it, He stopped working nights after our little "Meeting".

Go figure?

Count how many people it takes to break down a set of loads inbound at 309, tractor, trailers, and dolly, fuel tractor, and rehook to another set going out, and throw in a road driver waiting for the hook. Not trying to be a smart a$$, but have seen this enough. The competition does that whole assignment with 1 guy. Last I saw, 1 guy pulls tractor out to fuel island,1 fueler, 1 spotter moves dolly, another puts the loads to yard, and then in reverse to hook it. Kinda like the guy on each shift that does nothing on the dock but bring a rack of forklift fuel to an area throughout the shift and never moves a skid of freight. Just sayin.
Who came up with that yard system, we had a different system when it was Roadway at 309. At Middlesex Pa 135 They had a small inbound parking area that was always being worked well.

Who came up with that yard system, we had a different system when it was Roadway at 309. At Middlesex Pa 135 They had a small inbound parking area that was always being worked well.
Every time 309 tries to implement the procedure that Big R Guy describes (which was how it was done) production in the yard drops significantly!

Pre YRC, I was on that turn bid from Stroudsburg, Pa. for 5 yrs. at various start times.
I run #116 Deer Park, LI., NY M-F @1800

Ah, I-495 east Long Island Expressway "world longest parking lot". Growing up in the city we used to refer to Long Island as the "Oasis", doesn't look like that anymore :smile:

Management using 30 plus year old procedures to move equipment and freight, coupled with labor's ancient work rules and individual's choices of work ethics = break even quarterly financial results.

Ruminating on the ills of this world is not your forte. Better stick to worrying about your Indy bid and winning converts to your (dump the pension and get a 401 K) plan.

Management using 30 plus year old procedures to move equipment and freight, coupled with labor's ancient work rules and individual's choices of work ethics = break even quarterly financial results.
Next Thursday after close of the market will reenforce this statement.

really hope things change because wow we all know how great things have been the last 9 years since the stopped doing all those old things that actually worked when it comes to moving freight .... yup moving freight . many have forgotten how to do it .

really hope things change because wow we all know how great things have been the last 9 years since the stopped doing all those old things that actually worked when it comes to moving freight .... yup moving freight . many have forgotten how to do it .
Moving freight the same as the last 20-30 year @309, 3 bills per hour . That also is part of the reason service stinks. Trailers breaking there sit in yard too long then slower yet when it does hit the dock. Adds 1-2 days to service to customer.
SAT
Jul 11
scattered-thunderstorms.svgz

81°

69°

50%

SSE 10 mph