XPO | California drivers , what's going on with the mileage pay?

Skeeter, do the math moron. 8 hours at $35.00 is $280, not $217.36. That's $62.64 in the drivers favor. Go beat your head against the wall. You don't even work here....

Skeeter, do the math moron. 8 hours at $35.00 is $280, not $217.36. That's $62.64 in the drivers favor. Go beat your head against the wall. You don't even work here....
Moron I wasn't using their wages. I figured you didn't get it. But we all know how brilliant you are. Oops, there I go stepping down to your level....

Does any one know about time and a half. If the drivers will be getting $35.00 what about time and a half? Will it be paid after 8 or 40???

My problem is I don't understand why you care? You don't work here. You don't seem to understand the math. So go on to whatever the hell it is you actually do and leave us alone. Please.
I care about every company and every driver. This is all our industry...

Go to FedEx thread - their drivers are making $35 an hour according to the post. This is actually turning out BETTER for the drivers than mileage pay.

Still no info on how XPO\Con-way handled this?
If I was to guess I'd guess they will average your line haul as close to what you mileage is. I would think $35 an hour was close to FedEx line average...

When I was driving, I was paid by the mile and piece work (unloading potato chips). So, the company (and I) could figure out before the run exactly how much money I would earn, plus any extra things that came a long like a flat tire or an unusual delay somewhere (if that happened we were paid an hourly wage), but we were not paid any 'rest break time'. So, what happens is that if you are going to earn $200 for a run before a change like this, then the company makes your pay so that even with the breaks you still earn $200. If the hourly rate is $10, then your 'rates' are adjusted so that the run pays $190 plus the new $10 for a net of $200. I would think that the company could figure that out. And if you are under a Union contract, I am sure that the company could call for a 'reopening' of the contract because of a new law (ruling) that came into effect which made the agreement they agreed to 'null and void'. Just a thought.

just got back from my 472 mile run which takes me 12 hrs at the minimum which includes my lunch. let's see i spent 1 1/2 hour shoveling out the dolly+trailers, plus the drop and hooks(a set), spent a short time getting stuck(love those tires) but my autosocks to the rescue! weather called for flurries we got 6 inches. no plow trucks anywhere to be seen,it took 15 1/4 hrs to do my job! so with my 5th grade math skills i come up with 3 1/4 extra hours but no extra pay for my time!!! your quote should've said "government forcing employers to pay their workers fairly"
The company I retired from would have paid us for all the extra stuff you had to do. Not at the per hour rate we earned driving, but at $11/hour (six years ago). They wanted us driving instead of 'milking the clock' on other stuff. And this was a non-union company. Sounds like a tough day

Have I missed something, has xpo defined how our California drivers will be paid?
That's why I started this thread - To find out how XPO Logistics handled this new law in California.

No California drivers or XPO Logistics employees have answered yet , as far as I know.

Guess if we don't work in California it doesn't matter
You mean how emissions laws passed in California have no impact whatsoever on the rest of the country or Canada? I'm 2,200 miles from California and there's a sticker certifying my tractor to run in California.

And , as I posted earlier , even if you don't agree with what goes on in California , and/or you don't care what goes on in California it matters because of the influence that Cali has.

The 8th largest economy in the world.
What happens there tends to spread.

You mean how emissions laws passed in California have no impact whatsoever on the rest of the country or Canada? I'm 2,200 miles from California and there's a sticker certifying my tractor to run in California.

And , as I posted earlier , even if you don't agree with what goes on in California , and/or you don't care what goes on in California it matters because of the influence that Cali has.

The 8th largest economy in the world.
What happens there tends to spread.

California requires trucks entering the state to meet both smog laws and tire laws, or face penalities.