R&L | California !!!!!!!!

rubber duck said:
When the tractor pulling,fall harvest,horse shows and nascar are over for the year California will be top priority:hysterical: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you hate all rich people, or just the Roberts family??? Do the Roberts ever do anything right in you opinion? If they do, please elaborate. I don't think you have ever said anything positive R&L Carriers or the Roberts family. Just an observation.

braceface said:
Do you hate all rich people, or just the Roberts family??? Do the Roberts ever do anything right in you opinion? If they do, please elaborate. I don't think you have ever said anything positive R&L Carriers or the Roberts family. Just an observation.
Well the checks haven't bounced yet.... Hows that for positive.....:party-smiley-017:

I was under the impression that if you were not in california already ,you could not get in unless you bought another carrier that already does business there.I don't know if it is true but it is what i have heard.

dmtorl said:
I was under the impression that if you were not in california already ,you could not get in unless you bought another carrier that already does business there.I don't know if it is true but it is what i have heard.

dmtorl, Thats the way things used to be before deregulation. Any compnay with the money to expand is now free to do so

Just curious, is R&L primarily a truckload, LTL or what. Rumor has it that R&L bought our old yard in West Sacramento, outbidding ESTES and UPS Freight amongst others.

I'm thinking that was Applegate Drayage's yard. They were a small family owned company that went out of business a short time ago. I work for what was Viking and is now FedEx Freight West. Our yard was about 20 acres with a 150 door dock, shop and fuel.

hairbear said:
I'm thinking that was Applegate Drayage's yard. They were a small family owned company that went out of business a short time ago. I work for what was Viking and is now FedEx Freight West. Our yard was about 20 acres with a 150 door dock, shop and fuel.

hairbear, From what I hear Estes got the Applegate barn. That's what a Estes driver told me. I believe R&L either bought or least the old FedEx barn formally Viking.

The rumer around the midwest is that 80 tractors are headed west and they have ordered 250 sets of pups and dolly's

Wonder what kind of tractors they are going to use out in California? I've heard new Macks are sitting out there already and this week some of the shop guys are saying we are losing the new Internationals we got earlier this year....hope not, I've kinda gotten spoiled riding around in a new truck with one of them big-rigger jake brakes.

The rumors are the first of January Cal will be open. I heard they was planning on using Macks Out west then they came in and they won't pull. They have a hard time of getting out of their own way.

Amen to that! Hopefully that will all change soon. I've herd from a couple of differant sources that the new Macks will have 410 Volvo motors instead of the little 330 Macks. I'll beleave it when I see it though. As far as the Cali truck go... I herd that the new Macks won't pass CA emissions, so they're gettitng Internationals. We had a driver transfer from Vegas, and he said it was all Int in that yard.

I'm a Yellow P&D guy in Reno, NV and your new yard in Sparks, which is the former Roadway yard on Spice Island Dr, has about 20 to 30 Internationals stored. I assume they are for the company's move into California.

I'll see about getting a photo of that large heard of trucks. When I do, I'll post it here.

Jimmy B

BTW: Here is a satellite view of the terminal, its an older view so it was taken when it was still the Roadway terminal:
Google Maps

Yeah I lost my new truck a couple of weeks ago, it went out west. Got an abused hand me down like we normally get, after it spent a week in the shop getting fixed and alot of cleaning on the inside its alright now. The combination of wet dog and scent o' crack ain't my favorite.:puke: :butthead: